August 29, 2014 | 1959 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Bengali

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

LADIES! USE THIS FOR YOUR BROWS!!!! I decided this was perfect for my brows when I swatched it on my hand at Nordy, no one knew what I was going to use it for but I am glad I discovered this. THIS IS the best brow powder i HAVE ever used and purchased. I have used shiseido, MAC brow colors and this beats out the competition with flying colors, I only have to dab my slant brush in this product lightly and the pigmentation like others have said is EFFORTLESS! IT sticks to my brush with ease! and makes my brows look sharp, and defined. Unlike mac's charcoal, which looks more natural and less attention grabbing. PERSONALLY i like my brows to make a statement because brows truly frames the face and makes the ultimate difference! I get lots of compliments while wearing this on my brows and eyes! YOU can use it for both!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by madhs

Great for an everyday look. The color payoff is just amazing. Nars does have the best pigmentation when it comes to eye shadows!! And the texture is just smooth and velvety. I wear this everyday, just on it's own - I have dark skin so it doesn't look too smokey. Just a warm chocolate. I blend it on my lid. No eyeliner required. Just 2 coats of mascara and a bright coral, pink or red lipstick. Try it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by LipstickLove1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bengali is a deep chocolate brown shade that is quite warm when compared to other dark brown shades. I use this shade a lot to smudge into my eyeliner on the upper lash line or to create a smokey eye look - along with NARS Galapagos, this is a colour I will always keep in my makeup kit!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by babycupcakesz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, these are the ONLY NARS product that I own.
Price was cheap for me, because I bought these (3) on ebay for $20. Literally, I got 3 for the price of one, because I won a bid, so thankfully it didn't hurt my wallet =) But at Sephora, they are extremely pricely. That's the only downfall.
Packaging Quality is so-so. It has a built-in mirror, which is very convenient. It's perfect when you are filling in your brows. Very handy. I wasn't really convinced with the texture of the exterior. It gets dirty very easily, and that bothered me. I like it when the packaging of my makeup looks flawless. Wasn't really too impressed with the exterior packaging quality.
Overall, I LOVE the quality of this product. It's very smooth and highly pigmented. Not chalky at all. Little goes a long way. I definately prefer these over my MAC eyeshadows. I own 6 of these eyeshadows, because a dark chocolate matte brown eyeshadow is a must-reach for almost every Makeup Artist =)
I would definately buy these again as well. What's not too like?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by rubylarue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect every day brown. Very dark chocolate color. I use this on my eyes and sometimes brows. No shimmer, so it is easy to wear, and can be layered. NARS is great quality, and lasts on my eyes much longer than most.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by kimmae17

best dark matte brown EVER. makes my blue eyes pop. I use it for my eyebrows as well now that I dyed my hair darker.
You can use it as liner in more neutral looks or up the intensity for smokey looks. Its one of my favorite nars products!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by irinabj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is very nice eyeshadow. As all other reviewers mentioned this is very pigment coffee grind color that you have to be carifull to blend. It's pretty boring color, but for some reason I don't do good with any more interesting colors at all. I tried MAC's e/s but the staying power was very dissaponting to me so I had to find something that I can wear without primer and for more than 4 hours without touch ups. Well, this is lives up to it. So if you are a gal who are like me only can stick with brown shadows you might like it. I would def buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NARS Bengali is one of the best matte dark browns I've found after searching for ages and ages across many different brands. Before you go out and buy it, be forewarned that this is not a pretty brown, it is not a brown that can easily stand alone, it is not a showy brown neither is it a sparkly nor a flashy brown. Now that I’ve thoroughly talked you out of it, let me reel you back in. For those with darker skin tones, Bengali is a wonderful everyday crease color, complementing pretty much anything that you put on the lid. Another option, put an over-the-top color on the inner and middle lid and follow up with Bengali on the outer 3rd of the lid – it tones down the first color while still allowing for a little fun on your eye. For those with lighter skin tones, this is a wonderful alternative to using black for a smokey eye, which can be a little harsh for the day time.

For most anyone with dark hair, Bengali also doubles as a great brow filler. In regards to the quality, Bengali, like most of the NARS line is crease resistant and long wearing. Bengali is very highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. You’ll want to lightly dip your brush into this or even use your fingers (horrors!) for a light application. NARS single eyeshadows retail for $22 at Sephora. If you have a Beauty and Main near you, be sure to check there first – they are discontinuing the line and currently have all NARS products at buy 1 get 1 free pricing!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I'm a bit miffed as the tester in the Sephora led me to believe that "Bengali" would be a glorious, rich, chocolatey reddish-brown, perfect with my dark eyes and light, yellow-toned complexion. Imagine my dismay when I came home and found it to be a plain, dark brown. Still chocolatey, but missing the warm, bricky tone. It's a perfectly serviceable eyeshadow, and makes a good liner when applied wet (though it reveals a grey undertone on me), but it wasn't what I'd wanted. Plus, it's easy enough to find a suitable, matte, dark brown shadow in any other makeup line and for much less money. I probably will not repurchase.
continued >>

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2003 6:35:00 PM More reviews by JBGreenberg

If you are shopping for NARS e/s you probably will find this one very boring. This is a plain, matte dark brown that is best when used as eyeliner or to enhance your eyebrows.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No