September 18, 2014 | 989 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Lemon Poppy Seed Facial Cleanser [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by auntita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a small size of this in a travel pack and loved the smell but it left a film on my skin that felt kind of greasy and the poppy seeds really seemed to serve no purpose. I don't enjoy feeling like I have to wash my face, after washing my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by shelliedgk

i tried this product because i got it on sale.
    (I probably wont buy it again, but only because I'm one of those people who like to always try new products)

i agree to everything people are saying. Yes the poppyseeds are useless and yes it feels like there is a remaining layer left on your face, even after washing.
    but i found this product works best when i applied it at night, before bed.
    (Then in the morning i wash my face with a different cleanser for the day)

by applying this at night, i wake up with soft clear skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by finnley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing! I have very dry sensitive skin.I tried this product expecting that I would still have to use moisturizer. It is really a great 2 in 1 product. The poppy seeds are great at cleansing while the moisture replenishes my skin.I would purchase again

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by odubkids

The scent is very subjective, if you like the smell of lemon poppyseed, then you'll love this. Cleans very well, removes makeup, but leaves behind a feeling of not totally being washed off.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by smokygrey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

My biggest problem with this product is it's name. If it was called something like Lemonicious Face Grease I'd probably be less disappointed after my purchase.
    Or most likely I wouldn't buy it at all.
    It's so heavy and greasy, the poppy seeds seem to be ornamental only as there is not enough of them to exfoliate. I don't see how it would be a good make up remover. I know that there are ways to make it work with washcloths etc but it just seems like too much of a DIY project for something I payed 10 for.
    Unfortunately my skin loves it. I use it as a daily face mask. First I roughly remove my make up with something else (I know!). Than I put this on before my evening shower and I wash it off last thing, leaving a little bit of the waxy residue on my skin. Next morning my skin is radiant and skin tone even.
    I won't repurchase though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by renee2424

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually like this product a lot. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this cleans my skin just enough to get rid of extra oil but never dries it out. The key with this cleanser is to remove it with a warm, gentle washcloth. Otherwise you'll have a suffocating layer of oil on your face even after rinsing. When I use this product and minimal other products and eat a healthy diet, I don't have acne issues. And yes, the poppy seeds are dumb.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by leahblizz

My expectations were really high for this product, but unfortunately it failed. The only good thing about this product is the smell, which is delicious. Other than that, it was just a horrible cleanser, and believe me, I gave it a good shot and used for about 3 months. I found it impossible to wash off and there would ALWAYS be some residue left over. And the little beads are annoying as hell and get stuck underneath your fingernails. Yeah, I wouldn't recommend this at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Keagan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. It's made noticable improvements to my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I've had fewer breakouts since I started using it. I do use a warm, wet washcloth to remove the product, and it still leaves a slightly oily feeling on my skin. That took getting used to, but once I did, I found it kind of nice. I just use a bit less moisturizer afterward and everything is fine. My pores are actually less noticable, as well. I do have a sneaking suspicion that this product may not work as well for me in the steamy summertime, but for fall and winter it's been brilliant. I don't really expect to use the same beauty routine year-round in this climate, anyhow.

The scent is incredible, like fresh lemon cake, and I really savor it first thing in the morning; it's so much more pleasant than some of the more medicinal-smelling acne products I've tried.

I like the packaging as well. I'm trying to cut back on the amount of plastic that I use, and I really appreciate when products that I like are available in glass or metal containers instead. Even if you're not concerned with plastic versus glass packaging, there is another benefit to the jar- the ability to easily get every last bit of the product out. With a tube, I always feel that there is some product wasted at the end. With this jar, it's very easy to sweep your finger along the edges and get every last bit of lemony goodness.

My only problem with this product is the inclusion of the poppy seeds. And, to be honest, that's not even really a problem so much as a puzzle. They don't bother me- they don't seem to do anything much at all though, and I do wonder why they were included. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by hmkramer

I love Burt's Bees so it pains me to write them bad reviews, but this cleanser is a waste of money. It leaves a weird film on my face, doesn't seem to particularly cleanse, and the packaging is not appropriate for something i keep in the shower - bacteria city. Don't do it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Didnt like this at all. The poppy seeds do nothing, it takes too long to wash off. I didnt notice any difference in my skin, doesnt clean well.