October 25, 2014 | 1701 users online

Fragrances - Rich Hippie - Rich Hippie

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by organicobsessed

This is one of my favorites. The perfume smells a lot different on my skin than the notes I get when smelling it from the bottle. At first it has a strong smell of citrus, but then mellows to include more of the exotic floral scents. Reminds me of incense, a good incense!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Belladonna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

**Edited** This review is for the original version. Having just received a fresh bottle, I now know that it is the OLD version which I adore and not the new one:(...
Rich Hippie "Rich Hippie" is my HG, my favorite scent, I could drink it, I could bathe in it, I LOVE it.
Interestingly enough the notes are not ones that I would typically gravitate to but the combination is addictive:
African flowers, Vanilla, Madagascan Ylang Ylang. This is definitely a warm weather fragrance for me due to the citrus (which is not noted but definitely there), which I'll admit can be a bit overpowering at times. It's a warm, sunny, sultry, exotic, rich feeling scent. I love that I'm probably not going to run into anyone else wearing it. I don't love that it is ridiculously expensive and that it's reformulated. Why the would change something so wonderful is beyond me. The newer one has a cleanser/cleaning product quality that is horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by danaliu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

$300 bucks is pretty high, but they have new roll on versions out now that spread pretty well on the skin and are only $65 on http://www.KaiaHouse.com

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2006 9:45:00 PM More reviews by dreamstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rich Hippie's eponymous scent opens up with a blast of lemon citrus so strong and tart that it really does, as more than one member has mentioned below, smell a bit like Lemon Pledge. Fortunately, the citrus settles down a bit into a more well rounded and deep ylang-ylang note, with a lovely hint of rose in the background. In the heart notes though sadly, I detect some sort of awfuly dying flower note -- heavy, flat, dull, doughy...somewhat reminiscent of dying flower stems or a stale gardenia. Not pleasant on my skin. Eventually, the dull green note fades a bit and the fragrance is mostly a strong, sweet gardenia that reminds me quite a bit of the scent of LUSH's Silky Underwear dusting powder. If you are a SU fan (I know there are many) I would recommend trying this if you can stomach the somewhat prohibitive price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2006 7:29:00 PM More reviews by BasiaS

Rich Hippie is a terrific, lively rose tinged with sensuous ylang-ylang. The initial lavender dominates, but it's tamed a bit by the soft, warm ylang-ylang flower. Drydown is a lovely, almost buttery spring rose. The formulation I received differs from the original Rich Hippie fragrance, and contains notes like rose, ylang and ylang and lavender flower. The original was made with exotic African flowers, Madagascan vanilla bean and Guatemalan cardamom. I never tried the old version, but I do love this one. I'm quite impressed with this line - I love how natural everything smells and despite the high price tag, this one is definitely FBW. You have never really smelled a proper dewy rose until you've smelled Rich Hippie fragrances IMO. EDIT: I have been able to sample the original RH blend, which smells like lemons on top and has a nice spicy exotic floral and vanilla base (it reminds me a lot of Rock Star in its middle stage). The old blend is spicier and more oriental, the new one is a gorgeous floral. I like both!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2005 11:20:00 PM More reviews by chs1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this fragrance and I recently revised my review because I decided I can't live without it. It wakes you up and is relaxing with its spicy undertones and sharp floral top notes. Kind of masculine but great for having with a black cup of coffee and waking up on a cold winter morning. My favorite perfume besides Wild Thing from the Rich Hippie line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2005 10:41:00 AM More reviews by peb_les

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When first applied I get a lemon-citrus scent with vanilla. This is a
beautiful soft spiritual scent, then when it dries down the cardamon note
mingles with the vanilla. I don't detect the floral note at all unless the
african flowers give an impression of citrus.
Overall it is a sensual, yet uplifting scent. Spicy and vanilla infused.
Gorgeous and so natural!!!
and you can tell this is the real thing no imitations or synthetic ingredients!
I have sniffed a lot of other perfumes and they are not kidding when they
say this is organic stuff!!!
Also I needed to add that the notes
blend so softly and beautifully!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2004 1:40:00 PM More reviews by dinahad

At first I got a very strong floral and woody scent. The notes consist of African Flowers, Madagascan Vanilla Bean and Cardamom. I think for me, the cardamom is mostly what I am left with at the drydown. There is a definite vanilla presence in the drydown as well (similar to the vanilla in the I Profumo di Firenzi Vanille Madagascar...rich and very sweet). The spicy-wood drydown is what would keep me from repurchasing this although the scent is nice enough....just not remarkable.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2004 1:12:00 PM More reviews by wendalas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

They all smelled like lemon pledge. Perhaps I have not yet sniffed their latest, greatest, most expensive; but all the rest: watered down lemon pledge. Barely sniffable in the bottle, and gone in minutes (if not seconds) on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2004 4:35:00 PM More reviews by cjblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a few Rich Hippie (the company) samples way back in March from a lovely MUAer who didn't care much for them. When I tested them then, I didn't find any I particularly adored, but I liked a couple. Recently, I walked into my bedroom and Rich Hippie (the fragrance) called to me from the bottom of my sample basket. I pulled it out and put it on and instantly I was smitten. This is a perfect summer scent (for me). It's light and sexy in a personal kind of I'm-not-wearing-any-underwear-today way. The description from the site is: "Hip, bohemian, seductive floral with extracts of exotic African flowers, Madagascan Vanilla Bean and light notes of Guatemalan Cardamom."

It's not very floral on me though, I get citrus, vanilla, cardamom, a tiny bit of incense...oooh, I love this one, this is my new signature daily summer scent.