Merle Norman Luxiva Foaming Cleanser-Normal/Dry

4.3

WATER; GLYCERIN; MYRISTIC ACID; SODIUM METHYL COCOYL TAURATE; POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE; BEHENIC ACID; LAURIC ACID PALMITIC ACID; MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE; BUTYLENE GLYCOL; CETYL TRIETHYLMONIUM DIMETHICONE; PEG-8 SUCCINATE; GLYCOL DISTEARATE; ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE; CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA FLOWER ETRACT; ARCTIUM JAJUS ROOT EXTRACT; RUSCUS ACULEATUS ROOT EXTRACT; CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT; SYMPHYTUMOFFICINALE; COLA ACUMINATA SEED EXTRACT; SAMBUCUS CANADENSIS EXTRACT; BISABOLOL; GLUCOSE; LACTIC ACID; SODIUM HYALURONATE; PEG-20 ALMOND GLYCERIDES; IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA; DIAZOLIDINYL UREA; TRISODIUM EDTA; ETHOXYDIGLYCOL; PROPYLENE GLYCOL; RED 4; SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE; FRAGRANCE

on 2/11/2013 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Product works really good to remove make-up and cleanse my face without drying it out. Doesn't leave skin dry or oily, just right!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had a good experience with this cleanser. It removes my makeup and does not dry out my face as long as I moisturize after. It does burn my eyes something fierce if it happens to get in my eyes, so I can see where some say this is a bit harsh, but it didn't strip my skin. It is pricey, but a small amount does go a long way and it is a better quality cleanser. I use it with my Clarisonic Mia and toner is completely unnecessary, the makeup is completely removed. Would repurchase again if I make it to a Merle Norman shop when I run out.

on 9/10/2009 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got a sample of this and it does great at removing makeup. Once again I can't find the ingredients for MN product so can someone please list them? I wonder why its sooooo hard to find ingredients for MN products.

on 6/12/2009 8:15:00 PM

This is a old stand by MN cleanser that has been around for at least 15 yrs. When it first came out, I really wanted to try it because of the AHAs in the product. Unfortunately, like so many cleansers with that "... myrsitate", some old fashioned foaming agent, I had to stop using within weeks. It really irritates my skin! I keep hoping they'll change the formulation to use a much gentler foaming agent, but so, nada! So...not for me!

on 3/27/2009 12:49:00 AM

Actually this is for the Luxiva cleanser in the pump bottle with gold trim. This is a wonderful cleanser for dry skin. I put it on gently, then massage just a little and take it off with a wet washcloth. Now, they have a basic cleanser in a white pump bottle that costs less and I like better.
This cleanser is not quite as oily, goes on so easy and really takes the makeup off. It leaves your face unbelievably soft without being oily. It also diminshes fine lines right away. After a few uses, you will find the advantage of a much smoother and refined skin. Also, you will not need to use as much moisturizer. They may have samples at the studio to try. Go for it. Oh yes, this does not break me out or give me a rash! (Remember, the basic pump cleanser only says cleanser on the bottle - very generic white pump bottle and was there before the Luxiva one. That is, it is an oldie.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really don't "get" the high praise this cleanser gets. Sure, it lathers nice but it completely strips my skin. It's like washing my face with dish soap.Nothing spectacular and very overpriced.

on 2/6/2009 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know...mabye I expect too much when I read all the amazing reviews or maybe I just get bored with a product but I didn't find this as wonderful as everyone claims. It did rinse clean, but it didn't clear up my skin and it smells so perfumy, I just can't see how this would be ok for senstitive skin. I felt like I was literally washing my face with perfume everytime.

on 2/6/2009 11:20:00 AM

This is for the Normal/Dry Foaming Cleanser.

I don't normally write reviews but I simply had to for this product. It is awesome! I have been under A LOT of stress lately and have recently gone off BC. This has caused my skin to seriously freak out (I truly looked like a pizza head for a while). I read the reviews on this product and made my way over to the MN store here in town. I've tried just about every cleanser out there without much luck until I found this gem. This is as close to a miracle product for me as there ever will be I think. The first night I used it my skin cleared up dramatically. Within the first week, I only had a few very, very small spots left up near my hair line which I think is more from hair product seepage than anything else.

You only need a tiny bit of the product to get a really nice foam and incredibly clean skin. It is a little on the expensive side (I picked it up for $19.50, but with how little you use each time you wash it lasts a long time!).

If you have skin like mine, extreme combination (dry flakey patches all over with lots of shine in the Tzone and prone to breakouts/acne) I highly recommend you give this cleanser a try!

on 12/25/2008 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thank GOD is MUA & swapping. Got this from great MUAer who made CP for me as I wanted to try it so much. .
I have extremely clog /prone skin, combo but very dry around my mouth. I had to find foam cleanser which will NOT dry my skin and wash good as I really canít deal with cleansing oils.
I am really loving this cleanser, smell great and wash completely my make up & sunscreen. My skin never irritated and is less dry. Well I guess I have to make sure I never run out.

on 11/1/2008 6:48:00 PM

This is awesome. I've used it for years. Perfect for combination skin with dry patches. My husband uses the normal/oily one and won't use anything else.