July 24, 2014 | 1791 users online

Toners - Avene - Gentle Protective Toner [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

A nice mild toner that refreshes and picks up remnants not removed by my cleanser, but nothing special and definitely doesn't have any skincare qualities, like Shiseido softeners do. I wanted to try it since Shiseido softeners were getting a little too $$$ to buy every 2 months. The best quality about it is the chic packaging and the fact that it didn't irritate my skin. It has a stronger fragrance than I would expect. I would think the range for sensitive skin would be fragrance free? But it still is mild and my skin had no issues with it. But again, nothing special and I am returning to Shiseido, which is worth the extra $10.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by beaspalace

Love Love Love this product. I have oily skin, but after using a really expensive cleanser i bought. NOT WORTH IT. My skin broke out and had dry spots. So had to rehydrate it. This was soo gentle that after just 1 night, all the spots calmed down and my skin silky smooth. I used it with the Avene gentle milk cleanser. I definitely will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by brody497

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this broke me out so badly..i have sensitive skin so products are always a hit and miss in terms of whether my skin will react to it or not, but this flared my skin up after 2/3 days. My whole face completely covered in sore, very red spots... Its taken ages for my skin to recover from it, and its still not there yet, but ever since iv stopped using it, my skin has stopped breaking out. It was definitely this product. i wouldnt recommend it for anyone who fears breakouts

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:59:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Also received a sample of this.

Pros : No stinging, not irritating, watery consistency, dries easily, no sticky feeling aftewards.

Cons : Why oh why must it feel taut after drying????

So far haven't found any toner which leaves my skin feeling *soft* and not tight after it dries. However, a sample is not enough to warrant an in-depth review so I will purchase this in full size. Till then :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by bunniechan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the 4th day of use and I love it! I've sensitive skin with rosacea, sometimes with tiny pustules that's itchy and stinging. I use this toner after Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser and a spray of Avene Thermal Spray. This is the 1st time I can actually rinse the cleanser off with water (I had to pat dry with tissue in the past otherwise the itch will start). This toner is very soothing and leaves my face calm and matt throughout the day. There seem to be less pustules now and recovery is faster too. I've never used a toner before and was skeptical of its benefits. I'm glad I give this a try. Would I buy this again? You bet!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by karoliena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This is nothing special. It did feel soothing and calming to my skin, but in a few cases it stung a little. I think that is because the second ingredient on the list is fragrance, so I decided to stop using toners with alcohol and fragrance until I find one without these irritating (at least to me) ingredients. FYI, I have oily combination skin that can be sensitive. Will definitely not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 2nd bottle. This is expensive, but honestly I love it. It makes my skin glow like no other. If not for this product I would just skip toner altogether.
It's so gentle and soothing for my sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Kasia_S

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I usually love products from Avene, but this one is just so so. I don't know how I feel about toners, still haven't found one that actually does anything, and this product is one I can do without. Just started using SKII toner, so we'll see if that one makes any difference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice alcohol gentle toner for sensitive skin.Have tried many but they burn my skin and this one didnt.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do like the scent of this toner. It is very very gentle, and it take the last remnants of makeup off (but if it does, I always repeat the cleansing step). I don't like the flip cap 0 it feels like it is going to break off, and I need a lot for it to do a good job. My skin does feel tight when it dries, but sometimes it doesn't, and that's a good thing. Would I buy again? I would like to try other toners - I cannot buy anything twice outside of a good moisturizer I guess!