Chantecaille Future Skin

2015 reformulation:Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl Peg, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg-400, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Stearic Acid, Alcohol, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Talc, Iron Oxides.Old formula:Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone copolyol Dimethicone, PEG-350, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Sillyate, Glycerin, Rosmarinus Officialis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Laminari Saccharina Extract, Natto Gum, Camellia Senesis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May contain: Methicone, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxyde, Silica, Iron Oxides, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really trought I would love this foundation, because I'm a fan of Chantecailles Just Skin tinted moisturizer. But it just don't work for my skin at all.
1. It's sits very obvious on my skin, looks unnatural.
2. It highlights all my tiny dry spots from eczema.
3. And doesn't really cover anything, because it sits uneven on the skin.
4. I don't like the pot it comes in, because it's unsanitary.
5. Very expensive!
I think the high silicone content is the reason it doesn't work for me. I've noticed the foundations with a lot of silicones don't mesh nicely on my skin, just clumps up instead. So if you have the same problem as me, I wouldn't recommend this foundation for you.

This is a luxury item and a splurge for me, but I must say I've fallen more in love with Chantecaille because of this foundation.

Texture: It has a gel-creme texture that melts into the skin like water. It feels very hydrating on the skin.

Finish: Dewy and soft, but not oily or shiny. It has a soft satin finish that gives a natural dewy glow (without sparkles or stickiness).

Coverage: Light-medium. Can build up effortlessly but it doesn't give you a high coverage.

Wear: Lasts surprisingly well on me and doesn't break me out. I have dehydrated dry-combo skin. It doesn't accentuate my dry patches and it evens out the skin tone. I am yet to try this on a very humid day, but so far it works in drier climates and dry/hot weathers too. I think it'll be beautiful for winter:)

I like to mix it up with a luminizing primer like the L'oreal Lumi Magique Primer, and it provides a beautiful but natural glow.

Shade: I use Alabaster for my NC15-20 skin. I use Bliss in the Just Skin range. My shade in particular has a slight peachy undertone so it's not too yellow and not too pink in my opinion.

Packaging: The tub has a large opening so it's prone to getting dust/bacteria in it easily. Also the clear plastic insert it so slippery, I wish it had some kind of a tab that you could pull. KEEP the clear plastic insert it comes with, it'll stop the product from leaking and getting all over the inner-lid.

Price: It's around $110AUD now, it was only around $100 a few months ago.

I am going to savor this foundation but I usually take quite a while to use up a foundation anyway. I think I will repurchase in the future when my budget allows it. I love it that much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Perfect shade match and perfects your skin without looking cakey.

Decided to try this after loving Chantecaille's Just Skin and was impressed with how good it made my skin look.

I applied with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush and used a Q-Tip to scoop some of the gel onto the back of my hand. The jar is impractical but I realise that the consistency would've been too thick for a pump. A spatula that is included in the packaging would make application much easier with a limited chance of bacteria being introduced to the foundation.

No fragrance, light consistency that felt good on the skin. Covered pigmentation and gave a healthy glow. Medium coverage.

Glowy but not oily, lasted a 9 hour work day and didn't slide or transfer.

However, the next day I woke up with two large cysts on my face, probably due to the high amount of silicone.

Definitely wanted to love this but it's back to Just Skin for me.

One of the least impressive foundations I've ever used.

I had really high hopes for this one because I love Chantecaille and the majority of the makeup products I've used from them are fabulous. But alas, this one was terrible.

It just did not stay on my skin. I literally couldn't even get it to cover evenly because it just sort of seemed to slip off. I kept going over the same area to try and build it up but it just wouldn't stay - as a consequence I wasted a LOT of product which is annoying because of how expensive it is. This was also weird because I have dry/combo skin so I usually have no issues at all with foundations saying on, and I was using a primer. I ended up sort of having to press it into the skin with my hands (Brushes and Sponges just wiped it off). It looked sort of good for about half an hour and then it just started sliding off again. Literally had almost no makeup on by the end of the day. It was just patchy and awful.

The consistency is ok, I'd never used a gel foundation before so I found it sort of interesting. Quite light and gel-like I guess? (Probably stating the obvious there) The colour range is decent, but the same could be said for the Chantecaille Just Skin Foundation which is much better coverage and is longer wearing.

Jar packaging is awkward/messy and also super unhygienic.

Overall I very disappointed given that I expect a lot from Chantecaille and it was really expensive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I only read a couple of reviews before deciding to purchase. I had high hopes as the reviews were amazing! I needed to find a new foundation after my Jane Iredale foundation unfortunately made me break out & I needed something offering appropriate coverage without the caking & without making my breakout worse.

After approx. 4 weeks of using this I have never been so in love with such a perfect foundation! I apply with a flat make up brush and I haven't had any problems with blending. It looks so natural and I wear it everyday to work! Shine & oil is controlled really well with the Youngblood rice setting powder over (only need 1 touch up the entire day).

I spend a lot of money trying new foundations but I think I will stick with this one for a long time(if I continue being able to afford $100AUD per tub!!!!!!)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I am surprised that I have not yet written a review of this foundation, which is the one foundation I count on, even though I keep checking other products out, thinking I must be missing something. Chantecaille is just in a class by itself, and so far, I have not found any foundation to equal it, or even to come close. Yes it comes in a pot, and yes it is a creme that you really have to practice using to get it right, and the coverage is light to medium, but what a glowing yet natural look it gives. Every time I use it, I ask myself why I look elsewhere when nothing equals the quality of this product. No breakouts for my sensitve skin; no dryness highlighted although I have dry spots and wrinkles and age spots and the general appearance of someone who has been around for quite a while. However, this foundation manages to both make me look younger, glowing, and much improved while also not looking as I owe it all to my make-up. Very natural looking. I recommend it highly. And well worth the money.

This is my daily, non SPF foundation.

I feel confident when i have it on:

- does NOT accentuate wrinkles in anyway
- corrects/enhances skin tone really nicely
- light coverage, medium if you powder
- good ingredients/skincare vibe
- easy removal

It's winter, i have this in chamomile and wheat, light and dark respectively. I wear wheat on my pasty forehead and chamomile on the rest of my face which is darker due to exposure (had bangs all my life) They are nicely yellow toned (there's not a foundation yellow enough!) which i like NOT because I have very yellow skin, but actually because i have undertones in my skin that yellow really counteracts and in the end I have a nice tone as a result.

This is a great, albeit expensive and 'luxurious' foundation esp. if you are over 35 and feel you must wear something every day - it's absolutely not congestive, and you do not feel like you have a layer of bad stuff on your face. Fresh looking and for some reason blush looks really good over it. If you can spring for it, do - - SKII has stopped making the foundation that i previously raved about, and this is filling that void - though it has less coverage. but maybe thats good for me.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Well if I am being completely honest I m actually besotted by this foundation.

I am of Filipino / Bangladesh origin so you can imagine trying to find a good colour match without appearing like I have taken a trip to the dessert or looking malnourished is always a challenge.

However with this foundation I am able to use more then one colour!

I found this out not because I am extremely wealthy and I am able to purchase a few at a time as we all know this foundation is rather pricey but I am lucky enough to be a makeup artist who works for store that stocks the brand so I am able to have a really good play.

So at first I was sceptical as I am about all foundations because I believe ever since I turned 13 I have been on a neverending hunt of THE perfect foundation. You name if I have tried them all! But low and behold I will not say it is the perfect but do you know what I think its pretty damn close.

So the colour I wear and I find that fits my skin tone perfectly is Wheat. Although as I said if there was ever an issue and I can't get hold of that colour my world will not end as because the foundation is sheer and super blendable I can go a level lighter (Shea) or even yellower (sand). I say yellower because if you pay a visit it the Chantecaille sand you will see the foundations are divided into 3 colomns where you will have cool /neutral/warm. Which again I find great as sometimes I can be all different colours of the rainbow! Red on my cheeks and nose, darker around my mouth etc .. but I find neutral suits me perfectly.

I am very combination / oily. If I do not set my makeup with powder then by 3pm it looks like I might of dipped my face in a fryer.

Having said that with future skin I find that because of its skin care properties has helped balanced my skin throughout the day. I am no where near as shiney as I have been with previous foundations and if one day I try out a different foundation because this is what I do on a regular basis! I am on the mission trying to find a cheaper alternative to stop the pain of spending £60 every so often I am always disappointed and I end up going straight back to my beloved Chantecaille.

Over all this foundation is wonderful. To be honest I use to in all my makeovers from everyday to bridal to shoots! Its a buildable coverage so as long as you don't have very visable scarring I'd say you are good to go!

It isn't for everyone but the majority of people I have applied it on it has been a big winner.

The price isn't the most painless price to just say "Alright why not!" My advise is pop in somewhere that sells the product and give it a go, wear it around and see how it feels through the day. I am almost 90% sure you will either be back the same day or banging on the stores door the following morning.

Also I would like to add it does not oxidise on my skin at all. Which again is a big bonus as theres nothing worst as looking great a duey in the morning then 4 shades darker when you arrive home.

I hope this review has found you all well.

Happy foundation hunting.

I have read really good reviews on this product so I decided to splurge and get two shades to get my perfect match - banana and wheat. Though I dislike the packaging, I think this product works really well on on my dry/combination skin. Though it is a cream/gel hybrid formula, it is not full coverage. I find it easiest to apply and spread with my hands; I then use a wet sponge/beauty blender to remove any excess product and make it look like skin. I find that with my estee lauder primer and la prairie setting powder, this lasts all day (13 hours) on me, with no touch ups. The product sets in a few minutes after applying, my face does not feel sticky or wet; I can usually apply powder products within a few minutes. I do not consider this HG because i do have to use both shades to get my perfect match and considering the price point the packaging should have better quality/improved hygenic standards.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This feels just too heavy on my skin even when applied sparingly with a stippling brush and smoothed with fingers. I wear it over sunscreen and my treatment serums. My skin is normal but tends to be dehydrated in winter. This just feels like a layer of Saran Wrap, probably d/t the high amount of cyclopentasiloxane. I couldnt wait to wash it off after trying it for the last time. Looks masky and unnaturally dewy.

Colors: I tried Vanilla and Chamomile, both of which oxidized terribly on me to some orange madness. I wear Warm Sand in BB and will go back to my Extra Repair Foundation in BB - its just so much nicer feeling and a much better color match.