December 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This feels just too heavy on my skin even when applied sparingly with a stippling brush and smoothed with fingers. I wear it over sunscreen and my treatment serums. My skin is normal but tends to be dehydrated in winter. This just feels like a layer of Saran Wrap, probably d/t the high amount of cyclopentasiloxane. I couldnt wait to wash it off after trying it for the last time. Looks masky and unnaturally dewy.

Colors: I tried Vanilla and Chamomile, both of which oxidized terribly on me to some orange madness. I wear Warm Sand in BB and will go back to my Extra Repair Foundation in BB - its just so much nicer feeling and a much better color match.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Missclo1234

I recently tried this foundation, and I can say that it is totally amazing! such a shame that it's so hard to find in Canada, I think that we can only find it a Holt Renfrew in Toronto, and I live Montreal. I ordered it online and I'm happy, very happy with this purchase! I ordered it in the colour cream, and it matches perfectly my skin (NC25 - in MAC terms). I work very long hours (in an office), I put my makeup around 7 AM and get home around 8PM and I can tell that my skin looks awesome at the end of the day!! I only put some powder around 3PM and it lasts the rest of the day! Very, very pleased!

It is very hard to find long-lasting foundations, that's not cakey or thick, this looks like skin! it is not a mat finish, but it isn't a wet finish either it is a glowy finish, very natural. It is the best foundation for my combo skin so far, with long-lasting benefits. I totally recommend this foundation.

The only things that I disliked are:
* The packaging: not too convenient, but it is not a liquid foundation…so I understand that maybe a pump wouldn't be easy, but still…
* Availability in Canada: I live in Montreal, and I didn't find it anywhere - I had to order it from Saks so it becomes very pricey which brings me to another point;
* The price: it is not a product for everybody because of the price. It is a very good foundation, but not everybody could purchase this…it is an expensive, luxurious product.

I will still purchase this when I'm done with the one I have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I wear the shade Alabaster, which is the single most perfect foundation match I've ever had. It is pretty much impossible to over-do this, you could slap this stuff on in the dark and it would probably still look good. It is fairly sheer, so if you need a lot of coverage you're not going to be happy with this; although it can be layered to get a bit more coverage where needed, still won't end up with substantial coverage. It is creamy in texture, no need to moisturize underneath, and the finish is gently dewy. It wouldn't call this long-lasting foundation, but it lasts through my workday, which is long enough for me. I do get oily in my T-zone about halfway through the day, which happens with pretty much every foundation I've tried, even matte ones. I just touch up with blotting sheets, so not really an issue, although it sometimes wears off on my nose. For a lot of you the lack of long wear and the need to blot may be deal-breakers, but for me they're not. While those issues are cons to this product, the pros outweigh these two cons by a mile for me: Spot-on shade match, beautiful finish, supreme blendability, sheer completely natural-looking coverage, soft and luxurious feel on the skin! I have repurchased and will do so again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by SJ1208

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was a little hesitant about purchasing this product because it was so pricey!

However I was after a foundation that didn't feel cakey on the skin or even feel like I was wearing anything. This foundation is so light that it really does feel like a second skin! It can be buildable, but I would suggest applying an even layer over the face first and going back over spots that need a little coverage. I am a light to medium coverage lady and this is perfect. I only need to conceal in places where my pigmentation shows.

I find this foundation lasts well. I wear it over the course of a day and have noticed no oxidation. The only vice I have is that my t-zone did get a little dewier than what i would like later in the day, so I find blot powder helps me with this. I tend to get it with a lot of foundations anyway and I am not a fan of super matte finishes.

A little bit really does go a long way and have found my skin looks radiant and healthy with this product on. I have had compliments about my skin and makeup from day 1. Am happy to put up with the shine as my skin definitely feels like it has improved since wearing it.

Best for those who are happy to build from a light/medium coverage who like a natural to dewy finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using Future Skin on and off for a while now. At first, I wasn't overly impressed. I felt the coverage was too light, although I don't need anything heavy, as my skin is usually clear. However, I do tend to have some redness in my cheeks, and this didn't seem to cover it.

I recently tried it again and found that I really do like it a lot. I've found the best way for me to apply is to do one light layer across my entire face, then if needed I go back and gently pat a little more over the redness. It still doesn't cover breakouts (or their resulting red spots afterward), but concealer does the trick. Ivory is a perfect match for me.

As for finish, it's dewy, but softly so. I have to set with powder in my t-zone to keep from shining by mid-day, but it's perfect on its own on my drier cheeks. Best of all, it doesn't completely fall apart on me as the day wears on...no slipping, pooling, or caking, all of which I've had trouble with in the past, even with high-end foundations.

Like others, I'd prefer a pump, but I can deal with it because this foundation is so comfortable, natural, and wears so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Emilyy777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely blown away by this foundation!
It's so incredible and my skin actually improved in condition after wearing this for a couple of weeks.

The coverage is completely customisable and it feels like skin care rather than makeup. It comes in a plastic pot and its a sort of creamy/gel like consistency. No scent.

I apply it with a buffing brush but use a stippling motion and it provides th perfect finish.

Yes it's very pricey. It will set you back $100 here in AU but you don't use a lot, so the pot will last you a long time.

Pros:

-coverage can be from sheer to full
-does not cake at all
-long wearing
-radiant,dewy finish
-doesn't look like you're wearing makeup
-does not cling to dry patches or make my t-zone shiny
-jam packed full of spring water and other great things for your skin

Cons:
- price - that is literally it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by PSS07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my third jar. It lasts a long time as I only find a shade that suits me in summer when I'm vey tanned a nc44 I wear Banana.

The coverage of the foundation is great but a £60 it is expensive for what it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Asianlily

One of my favourite foundations. It is sheer to medium coverage but is build able for problem areas. It blends beautifully onto the skin and never looks cakey or heavy which is fantastic. Whilst the product is great, I have concerns with the packaging. It comes in a clear tub (?) not your usual pump or tube so I find it a little unhygienic. Other than that, it is a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by tabscarlon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this foundation. After trying many brands of foundation I have finally settled on this. It is a light to medium coverage that is easily build able and won't cake up.

The shade range is really good, I originally purchased this is porcelain as I am really fair, but even this was to light for me and I have gone down a shade to Alabaster and right now that shade is perfect. During winter I may have to go back to the original shade.

This sit's really nice on my skin and doesn't look like I am wearing makeup at all. It just evens out my skin tone and covers up my redness. It gives a slightly dewy finish and even once I have applied my setting powder over the top it still looks fresh and slightly dewy, which I really like.

This foundation feel's like you are not wearing anything at all on your face and does not rub off after a few hours. I have really sensitive skin that get's breakouts if I use a product that is to harsh, this has not caused any skin problems. I really like the pot it comes in as you can get every last bit of foundation out.

I would highly recommend this foundation for someone who is after a really nice natural glow to the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this founation for several months. It is very expensive, but worth the price, in my opinion. This foundation feels like nothing once it is applied and is free of any fragrance. I also appreciate that this foundation does not have any SPF. The porcelain shade is a great match for my very fair skin. It provides a satin finish and light to medium coverage. It does not transfer onto clothing. It has not given me any clogs or pimples, either.