Chantecaille Future Skin

3.8

2014 reformulation: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl Peg, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg-400, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Stearic Acid, Alcohol, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Talc, Iron Oxides. Old formula: Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone copolyol Dimethicone, PEG-350, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Sillyate, Glycerin, Rosmarinus Officialis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Laminari Saccharina Extract, Natto Gum, Camellia Senesis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May contain: Methicone, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxyde, Silica, Iron Oxides, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

on 2/19/2015 10:02:00 PM

This is my daily, non SPF foundation.

I feel confident when i have it on:

- does NOT accentuate wrinkles in anyway
- corrects/enhances skin tone really nicely
- light coverage, medium if you powder
- good ingredients/skincare vibe
- easy removal

It's winter, i have this in chamomile and wheat, light and dark respectively. I wear wheat on my pasty forehead and chamomile on the rest of my face which is darker due to exposure (had bangs all my life) They are nicely yellow toned (there's not a foundation yellow enough!) which i like NOT because I have very yellow skin, but actually because i have undertones in my skin that yellow really counteracts and in the end I have a nice tone as a result.

This is a great, albeit expensive and 'luxurious' foundation esp. if you are over 35 and feel you must wear something every day - it's absolutely not congestive, and you do not feel like you have a layer of bad stuff on your face. Fresh looking and for some reason blush looks really good over it. If you can spring for it, do - - SKII has stopped making the foundation that i previously raved about, and this is filling that void - though it has less coverage. but maybe thats good for me.

on 1/9/2015 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Well if I am being completely honest I m actually besotted by this foundation.

I am of Filipino / Bangladesh origin so you can imagine trying to find a good colour match without appearing like I have taken a trip to the dessert or looking malnourished is always a challenge.

However with this foundation I am able to use more then one colour!

I found this out not because I am extremely wealthy and I am able to purchase a few at a time as we all know this foundation is rather pricey but I am lucky enough to be a makeup artist who works for store that stocks the brand so I am able to have a really good play.

So at first I was sceptical as I am about all foundations because I believe ever since I turned 13 I have been on a neverending hunt of THE perfect foundation. You name if I have tried them all! But low and behold I will not say it is the perfect but do you know what I think its pretty damn close.

So the colour I wear and I find that fits my skin tone perfectly is Wheat. Although as I said if there was ever an issue and I can't get hold of that colour my world will not end as because the foundation is sheer and super blendable I can go a level lighter (Shea) or even yellower (sand). I say yellower because if you pay a visit it the Chantecaille sand you will see the foundations are divided into 3 colomns where you will have cool /neutral/warm. Which again I find great as sometimes I can be all different colours of the rainbow! Red on my cheeks and nose, darker around my mouth etc .. but I find neutral suits me perfectly.

I am very combination / oily. If I do not set my makeup with powder then by 3pm it looks like I might of dipped my face in a fryer.

Having said that with future skin I find that because of its skin care properties has helped balanced my skin throughout the day. I am no where near as shiney as I have been with previous foundations and if one day I try out a different foundation because this is what I do on a regular basis! I am on the mission trying to find a cheaper alternative to stop the pain of spending £60 every so often I am always disappointed and I end up going straight back to my beloved Chantecaille.

Over all this foundation is wonderful. To be honest I use to in all my makeovers from everyday to bridal to shoots! Its a buildable coverage so as long as you don't have very visable scarring I'd say you are good to go!

It isn't for everyone but the majority of people I have applied it on it has been a big winner.

The price isn't the most painless price to just say "Alright why not!" My advise is pop in somewhere that sells the product and give it a go, wear it around and see how it feels through the day. I am almost 90% sure you will either be back the same day or banging on the stores door the following morning.

Also I would like to add it does not oxidise on my skin at all. Which again is a big bonus as theres nothing worst as looking great a duey in the morning then 4 shades darker when you arrive home.

I hope this review has found you all well.

Happy foundation hunting.

on 1/2/2015 2:08:00 PM

I have read really good reviews on this product so I decided to splurge and get two shades to get my perfect match - banana and wheat. Though I dislike the packaging, I think this product works really well on on my dry/combination skin. Though it is a cream/gel hybrid formula, it is not full coverage. I find it easiest to apply and spread with my hands; I then use a wet sponge/beauty blender to remove any excess product and make it look like skin. I find that with my estee lauder primer and la prairie setting powder, this lasts all day (13 hours) on me, with no touch ups. The product sets in a few minutes after applying, my face does not feel sticky or wet; I can usually apply powder products within a few minutes. I do not consider this HG because i do have to use both shades to get my perfect match and considering the price point the packaging should have better quality/improved hygenic standards.

on 12/19/2014 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This feels just too heavy on my skin even when applied sparingly with a stippling brush and smoothed with fingers. I wear it over sunscreen and my treatment serums. My skin is normal but tends to be dehydrated in winter. This just feels like a layer of Saran Wrap, probably d/t the high amount of cyclopentasiloxane. I couldnt wait to wash it off after trying it for the last time. Looks masky and unnaturally dewy.

Colors: I tried Vanilla and Chamomile, both of which oxidized terribly on me to some orange madness. I wear Warm Sand in BB and will go back to my Extra Repair Foundation in BB - its just so much nicer feeling and a much better color match.

on 12/9/2014 7:42:00 PM

I recently tried this foundation, and I can say that it is totally amazing! such a shame that it's so hard to find in Canada, I think that we can only find it a Holt Renfrew in Toronto, and I live Montreal. I ordered it online and I'm happy, very happy with this purchase! I ordered it in the colour cream, and it matches perfectly my skin (NC25 - in MAC terms). I work very long hours (in an office), I put my makeup around 7 AM and get home around 8PM and I can tell that my skin looks awesome at the end of the day!! I only put some powder around 3PM and it lasts the rest of the day! Very, very pleased!

It is very hard to find long-lasting foundations, that's not cakey or thick, this looks like skin! it is not a mat finish, but it isn't a wet finish either it is a glowy finish, very natural. It is the best foundation for my combo skin so far, with long-lasting benefits. I totally recommend this foundation.

The only things that I disliked are:
* The packaging: not too convenient, but it is not a liquid foundation…so I understand that maybe a pump wouldn't be easy, but still…
* Availability in Canada: I live in Montreal, and I didn't find it anywhere - I had to order it from Saks so it becomes very pricey which brings me to another point;
* The price: it is not a product for everybody because of the price. It is a very good foundation, but not everybody could purchase this…it is an expensive, luxurious product.

I will still purchase this when I'm done with the one I have!

on 11/22/2014 2:19:00 PM

I love this foundation! I wear the shade Alabaster, which is the single most perfect foundation match I've ever had. It is pretty much impossible to over-do this, you could slap this stuff on in the dark and it would probably still look good. It is fairly sheer, so if you need a lot of coverage you're not going to be happy with this; although it can be layered to get a bit more coverage where needed, still won't end up with substantial coverage. It is creamy in texture, no need to moisturize underneath, and the finish is gently dewy. It wouldn't call this long-lasting foundation, but it lasts through my workday, which is long enough for me. I do get oily in my T-zone about halfway through the day, which happens with pretty much every foundation I've tried, even matte ones. I just touch up with blotting sheets, so not really an issue, although it sometimes wears off on my nose. For a lot of you the lack of long wear and the need to blot may be deal-breakers, but for me they're not. While those issues are cons to this product, the pros outweigh these two cons by a mile for me: Spot-on shade match, beautiful finish, supreme blendability, sheer completely natural-looking coverage, soft and luxurious feel on the skin! I have repurchased and will do so again.

on 10/13/2014 6:40:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was a little hesitant about purchasing this product because it was so pricey!

However I was after a foundation that didn't feel cakey on the skin or even feel like I was wearing anything. This foundation is so light that it really does feel like a second skin! It can be buildable, but I would suggest applying an even layer over the face first and going back over spots that need a little coverage. I am a light to medium coverage lady and this is perfect. I only need to conceal in places where my pigmentation shows.

I find this foundation lasts well. I wear it over the course of a day and have noticed no oxidation. The only vice I have is that my t-zone did get a little dewier than what i would like later in the day, so I find blot powder helps me with this. I tend to get it with a lot of foundations anyway and I am not a fan of super matte finishes.

A little bit really does go a long way and have found my skin looks radiant and healthy with this product on. I have had compliments about my skin and makeup from day 1. Am happy to put up with the shine as my skin definitely feels like it has improved since wearing it.

Best for those who are happy to build from a light/medium coverage who like a natural to dewy finish.

on 10/4/2014 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using Future Skin on and off for a while now. At first, I wasn't overly impressed. I felt the coverage was too light, although I don't need anything heavy, as my skin is usually clear. However, I do tend to have some redness in my cheeks, and this didn't seem to cover it.

I recently tried it again and found that I really do like it a lot. I've found the best way for me to apply is to do one light layer across my entire face, then if needed I go back and gently pat a little more over the redness. It still doesn't cover breakouts (or their resulting red spots afterward), but concealer does the trick. Ivory is a perfect match for me.

As for finish, it's dewy, but softly so. I have to set with powder in my t-zone to keep from shining by mid-day, but it's perfect on its own on my drier cheeks. Best of all, it doesn't completely fall apart on me as the day wears on...no slipping, pooling, or caking, all of which I've had trouble with in the past, even with high-end foundations.

Like others, I'd prefer a pump, but I can deal with it because this foundation is so comfortable, natural, and wears so well.

on 10/4/2014 4:34:00 AM

I am absolutely blown away by this foundation!
It's so incredible and my skin actually improved in condition after wearing this for a couple of weeks.

The coverage is completely customisable and it feels like skin care rather than makeup. It comes in a plastic pot and its a sort of creamy/gel like consistency. No scent.

I apply it with a buffing brush but use a stippling motion and it provides th perfect finish.

Yes it's very pricey. It will set you back $100 here in AU but you don't use a lot, so the pot will last you a long time.

Pros:

-coverage can be from sheer to full
-does not cake at all
-long wearing
-radiant,dewy finish
-doesn't look like you're wearing makeup
-does not cling to dry patches or make my t-zone shiny
-jam packed full of spring water and other great things for your skin

Cons:
- price - that is literally it.

on 8/17/2014 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is my third jar. It lasts a long time as I only find a shade that suits me in summer when I'm vey tanned a nc44 I wear Banana.

The coverage of the foundation is great but a £60 it is expensive for what it does.

Popular Crème Foundations