April 24, 2014 | 988 users online

Lotions/ Creams - DERMAdoctor - KP Duty

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

I have KP on my upper arms and it really bothered me because it almost looked like a rash. This lotion does work to clear up my arms. It doesn't make my skin perfectly smooth and clear but it does make a huge difference enough to repurchase. The price sucks but I only use a pea size for each arm so it lasts awhile. Random fun fact is KP will clear up considerably if you lay out in the sun for a few hours a few days a week. The sun dries it up.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Caffeinatrix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Meh. I wanted to love this stuff, especially since it's not really at a throw-away price point, but I just couldn't bear the thick, sticky, greasy feel. I forced myself through about a 3rd of the tube before giving up.

My daily results were no better than being diligent about giving my upper arms a scrub with aspirin mask followed up with Lac-Hydrin once or twice a week or, after slumping even further into laziness about combating it, doing nothing but using Agg-Tval Lanolin Eggwhite Facial Soap instead of dove+body wash. (WOO HOO for the slacker option being the most effective for me!)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by yumsworth

I developed KP 5 weeks ago. I've got bumps all over my arms (especially the elbow area) and on my upper thighs. I bought this product along with the scrub. Right after using both for the first time, i think it got worse! The lotion didn't do anything on my red, itchy bumps! Still there. But i decided to give it another shot and another. 4 weeks later, i can see improvements. Redness and bumps no longer visible on my thighs and it feels smoother. I still have some bumps on my elbows and little bit on my upper arms but it's less visible and not itchy anymore. Somedays my skin is really silky smooth, and somedays a little bumpy. I guess it just depend on your well being. Overall, i am satisfied with this product. I am going to finish this tube then try something cheaper but if the cheap one won't work like this one, i'll be back and buy more of this KP Duty even if it's expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by alissas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have moderate KP on my upper arms that has been there for years and made me self-conscious every spring/summer about baring my arms. After using this for just 4-5 days, it cleared up almost all of my KP and left my arms looking (and feeling) much smoother. The scent is light and the lotion seemed to sink in quickly. I didn't notice any of the burning that other reviewers mentioned, although my skin tends to react badly to a lot of products (rashes and redness). I wish the tube was available in a pump format, since I tend to get more product than needed from squeezing the tube, but this wasn't a deal breaker for me. I just wish it was cheaper, since I need to use it daily to maintain the results. Overall, I would recommend this product. Sephora sells a sample size so you can see if it works for you before investing in the big tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by neonocto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Being a sufferer of the dreaded KP, I LOVED this product. After just one use in the store (scandalous, I know) the redness had receded noticeably. The uneven bumps had died down as well, so I knew I had a winner in the lotion category. Repeated use, even over a broad area such as arms or legs, caused my KP symptoms to all but disappear. The tube is manageable, and the scent is pleasant. Although the formula takes some rubbing in, it absorbs quickly and leaves no unpleasant residue. Highly recommended for KP victims ;D

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I had big hopes with this lotion because KP is such a terrible thing to have (at least for me) and I was deseperate. No big changes for me. I ended up buying a salt scrub and my KP is nearly gone. Its made by Alba and I'd recommend it over KP Duty anyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by debramarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff does work. I have KP. I always have, but I didn't know what it was until a couple years ago. I found out about the DermaDoctor products and purchased my tube from Sephora. It's been a while. I used it regularly at first, and then just stopped using it. I generally just don't take the time to lotion up after a shower. My KP was starting to get bad again, because of winter and my pregnancy, and it was making me really self-conscience so I broke out my tube of KP Duty and slathered it on. The redness disappears almost immediately. It is tacky, as mentioned in other reviews. I have VERY sensitive skin, and I've never had a burning feeling from this, although others' reactions are probably from the alpha hydroxy acid in the product. I would recommend this product to anyone with KP if they could afford it. It IS expensive, and I likely won't be repurchasing when I run out because of that, but once I can afford it again, I will probably get the whole KP Duty line. Until then, I'll switch to something cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Mariam1986

This product really works! I started using it right before my wedding, even though i do not have keratosis pilaris I used to apply it twice a day and it made my skin extremely soft, got rid of the little bumps on my back and upper arm and the moisture would last almost all day. My husband even commented on how my skin is always soft!

The only drawback is the price! Buying this once a month is such a financial commitment!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by littlemissmischief

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

wow! skin is sooooooo moisturized and smooth and NOO KP!! expensive but SOOO WORTH EVERY PENNY

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have normal skin (with milk KP on my upper arms and legs) and this moisturizer has made my skin so soft! It soaks right into skin and does NOT leave an oily or sticky feeling on skin. I use this right after my shower and reapply it again midday. I have normal skin and didn't experience any reaction to this moisutrizer as others have had.

I bought this at Sephora. Their return policy is awesome, so if you have an allergic reaction (people with sensitive skin might want to apply a small amount to test it) just send it back.