Revlon Cherries in the Snow

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocelluose, Tribenzoin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Triacetin, Camphor, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Tetrabutyl Phenyl Benzoate, Tin Oxides, Dimethicone Copolyol May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 34 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Aluminum Powder, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Guanine, Chronium Oxide Greens, Chronium Hydroxide Green, Manganese Violet, Violet 2

on 2/11/2015 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this colour. It's a gorgeous cool-pinky-red that I imagine would be flattering on a range of skin tones. The formula is quite nice, perfectly opaque with a polished creme finish after two thin coats and wears for a week with no chips with base and topcoat. This and OPI Passion are the only polishes I've ever used up before they got goopey. Great stuff. Also a good pink for office work. The matching lipstick is also very nice and it can be quite fun to do the old school "matching lips and tips" even if you are the only person that notices :)

on 1/27/2015 12:18:00 PM

This is a lovely red with a hint of magenta, different enough to stand off from all the other reds I own (15?!). It is opaque in 1 coat, but I usually use 2 to even the colour out. With a good TC it lasts me 4-5 days without chipping, just a minimal tip wear.

on 5/16/2014 7:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is my first Revlon nail polish and I have to say I am so pleasantly surprised!! I am really faithful to OPI because I love their formulas and wide brush but, unfortunately, where I live higher end brands are either hard to come by (i.e. OPI) or simply unavailable (Essie, Deborah Lippmann, Illamasqua, etc). So, I bought this on a whim because I didn't find any other higher end polishes that I wanted. Sorry for mentioning OPI so much but I am making comparisons here in case they are helpful to others who also love OPI's formula and/or wide brush and who may be hesitant to buy Revlon. I sure was but I'm so glad I bought this polish and will definitely be buying more! The formula is sooo nice; this is the first time in years that a color has been completely opaque in one coat. Also, I really, really like the brush. Although not as wide as OPI, this Revlon brush is great in its own way; it feels high quality (i.e. not stiff, spreads out nicely) and I think it's shorter so I really felt like I had more control. A pleasure to work with! Even makes me rethink how much I like the OPI pro-wide brush, at the very least I like this brush as much as the pro-wide. Because of the shape, however, I find that you definitely have to use the "technique" of placing a dollop of polish near the center of the nail and pushing it upward a bit toward the cuticle before moving down the rest of the nail. With OPI I just kind of plop the brush close to the cuticle without touching it and move down and it works because the brush is slightly curved. This Revlon brush is more squared off so if you directly lay the brush close to the cuticle, you will end up with a very straight line opposed to one that is slightly curved to match the shape of the cuticle (I hope that makes sense). As for the color, this is a pretty raspberry; it's classic without feeling dated, youthful without being immature. I wouldn't buy again, though. The color lacks a "punch" for me (I wish it had more blue-purple undertones) but I probably like it enough to use it all up. If you can, try the color before buying or definitely look at pictures online because I didn't and just bought this and another color (Revlon Fearless) based on what they looked like in the bottle and both came out much more red than what they looked like in the bottle. All in all great polish! So happy to have discovered Revlon polishes! To anyone hesitant I would really recommend at least trying one!

on 5/16/2014 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I just don't like this color outside of the bottle. On my nails it's a muddy... muddy mess, and I'm no amateur at applying nail polish. The formula is good, dries to a dull creme in less than 10 minutes. I would not repurchase and I'm actually going to return this. I have a similar disappointing color named "raspberry" by essie in my collection. That's just clashes terribly with my skin tone.

on 3/17/2014 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for the right magenta, something that's not obnoxious but still stands out. This is perfect. It's like magenta with a hint of red, for my skintone (NC 25-40, olive & tan) this is not red red, red for me is darker more brick like.
The formula is awesome, the brush laid down the color pretty wide like the more expensive polishes, but it was easy to control. I got great coverage with just 1 coat, it leveled out as it dried, and felt really rich.
Plus it was only $4-5!
I used this with a gold glitter on the tips and had a great manicure for my trip to Vegas!
Definitely try it, you won't be disappointed!

on 2/21/2014 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

beautiful sexy red with a pink tinge is youthful and fresh. creamy formula is easy to work with and i love the retro feel of it. love the fact that this has a matching lipstick that is gorgeous!

on 10/26/2013 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my new go-to red. I am a cool tone gal and this compliments my hands perfectly. It's easy to find at Walmart or the drug store and under $5. I use a fast dry top coat and it's perfection. This will be my holiday nail color for sure.

on 10/10/2013 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This is my all-time favourite nail polish colour. It's such a nice vibrant, bright pinky red. I love Revlon nail polishes, as they are really good quality and pretty cheaply priced. And I love the bottles they come in, they look so classy. I also find the brush and formula really good and easy to apply with. This would be a good colour to start out with if you haven't really experimented with red coloured nail polish before, as it's not a really dark red.

10/10!

on 12/28/2012 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really wanted to like this. It was thick and gloppy. Doesn't coat evenly at all and don't get me started on how it stained my fingers. Absolutely horrible. Color looks very pretty, I just wish it would work.

on 9/28/2012 12:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is the perfect red for cool tones!

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle in the summer). This color looks AMAZING on my hands, I received so many compliments. It is now my new favorite red.
Only took 1 lippie off because it seems to chip easily : (