Kiss My Face Face Factor Face + Neck SPF30

3.9

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% Zinc Oxide 3.00% Octisalate 3.00% Other ingredients: Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polysorbate-20, Stearyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower Oil) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oleosomes, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, a-Lipoic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin-C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin-E), Sodium Hydroxide, Linoleic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

on 6/9/2015 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Talk about products not agreeing with your skin. This one offered me zero sun protection and I wasn't really in the sun! I got a red nose from just minimal exposure from driving and then sitting under an umbrella with a gigantic hat on. I tried this more then once and each time I broke out on my cheeks with red pimples and just aggravated skin - all red and blotchy. My skin isn't super sensitive either - I use Coopertone Sport in the blue bottle on my face and it's perfect, Protects and my skin looks great that I often go without makeup when I use it. Who would have thought cheap, chemical, body sunscreen would work and something more dedicated and supposedly gentle for face would not?? Anyways, this came highly reviewed on different sites, including this one but this just didn't work for me.

on 5/9/2015 1:27:00 AM

Cant really tell you how it works. Just jnow that it breaks me out. Red bumps and cystic acne. Terrible. Its really thick smd have to use a lot to spread it around. Why is it so hsrd finding a safe sunblock that wont break a person out?!

on 4/5/2015 7:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

best sunscreen ever. feels very comfortable on the skin, not a lot of scent, not greasy at all, actually helps control oil so i skip the primer under makeup. i haven't noticed a white cast but to be fair i am pretty pale. this never irritates my face or breaks me out. it's sometimes hard to find but worth tracking down imo.

on 2/28/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've been using this as my daily facial sunscreen since the Neutrogena liquid I'd used for years started breaking me out. So, about a year and a half.

Love it. After using chemical sunscreens for years I was really skeptical and thought that a physical sunscreen would be shiny and irritating. And almost every beach-type sunscreen I've used on my face stings when I put it on. This sunscreen though: it applies like a moisturizer, does not smell at all, leaves no white cast, absorbs quickly, dries fast and leaves a not-quite-matte, rather satiny, finish. I can sometimes get away with using it as a moisturizer in really hot humid summer weather. I haven't used the 50 yet but I will try it soon.

You get a lot of product for the price and the packaging is just fine. I will repurchase forever.

on 2/3/2015 2:03:00 PM

This review is for the latest formulation, packaged in the orange squeeze tube, purchased Jan 2015.

HG for me. I wanted a mineral-based, natural sunscreen, but every mineral sunblock I tried clogged my pores, caused irritation or dryness. And I tried them all! This one is partly mineral, partly chemical but the formulation is packed with gentle, nourishing ingredients, so I decided to give it a go and my skin has been looking even better after a week's use. I have dehydrated/combination skin that is breakout-prone.

PROs:
This stuff is chock-full of humectants and skin-soothing ingredients such as aloe, green tea, cucumber, hyaluronic acid, glycerine and acetyl hexapeptide 8 (the first inactive ingredient sounds scary but is a harmless, water-binding agent- it's said to plump up fine lines and wrinkles, although I'd take that with a grain of salt)
It's also got one of my favorite ingredients for skin-brightening and evening out skin tone- licorice root extract
THIS ONE IS INTERESTING.. it contains linoleic acid.. I'm not sure why and I haven't seen it on many ingredients lists. BUT, this may be good for acne-prone skin, as blemished skin is found to be lacking in this particular fatty acid. It certainly hasn't done my breakout-prone skin any harm.
It's nice slip (there is a little dimethicone in there) makes this suitable for use under makeup

CONs (but are they really?):
There is a slight white cast - it mostly rubs away and I think as it sinks in, the rest of the white cast melts away, but I have fair skin.. if you are dark, just test this on the back of your hand at the store.
There's definitely a sunblock smell. I feel like it goes away quickly sometimes, and sometimes it lingers.
May or may not be suitable for oily skin. I think it is definitely worth a shot, though - although a very hydrating product, it's not really that rich. I believe with this list of ingredients, this could help to balance out both oily and dry skin types.

on 9/12/2014 8:20:00 AM

HG! *happy dance*

I have been searching for a relatively inexpensive non-tinted daily sunscreen/moisturiser for a few years and tried the basics from Neutrogena to Olay to Yes to Carrots. The chemical components in all of those burned my eyes, especially when sweating during workouts. Tried this based on Paula's recommendation and voila!

* reasonable price
* handy tube packaging
* no fragrance or heavy sunscreen odor
* sinks in well
* plays well with other serums, creams, and makeup - no pilling or rolling off!
* no burning eyes
* 30 spf + antioxidants

Will always pick up a few tubes of this whenever I hit the states. Please never discontinue this!

on 8/8/2014 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Finally, I've found my HG facial sunscreen. I am a very fair person and it was really important to me to find a good sunscreen for my face. I had tried ThinkSport, Neutrogena, and countless others. They either irritated my skin or were way too greasy for everyday use.
This one is perfect. It rubs in very easily and doesn't leave a whitecast (although I'm so pale that it really wouldn't be a problem, lol). There's a slight typical sunscreen-y smell but it quickly fades away. My face is a little shiny after I put this on but it's nowhere near as bad as other sunscreens, and I find that the shininess eventually fades away. It also makes my face feel so nice and smooth which I love. I haven't experienced any breakouts from this product.
It's a little pricey for how much you're getting. The tube isn't that big, but I bought it for around $9 on Amazon so it's definitely affordable at least.
Anyways, this is definitely my HG. I will definitely keep on repurchasing.

UPDATE 1-11-15: Still my HG face sunscreen. :) I really do feel like it helps to protect my skin and I love how moisturizing it is. It's very easy to rub in and spreads really well. Sometimes in the morning I just skip my usual facial moisturizer and put this on instead.

UPDATE 5-26-15: So I've been doing more research on sunscreen throughout these past few months and I'm sad to say I've stopped using this. I'm a very pale person and this doesn't have the amount of protection that I would need. I really liked it because it was moisturizing and easy to wear everyday. I would maybe recommend this for someone with darker skin who doesn't need as much protection, but unfortunately I've stopped using it and have checked out some Neutrogena sunscreens instead.

on 6/24/2014 8:46:00 PM

This is for the product in the updated packaging, an orange tube. I bought this at Whole Foods. First of all, I really like the ingredients of this: a good amount of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, along with Vitamin C + E, Green Tea extract, Aloe Vera, Cucumber, Hyaluronic Acid, which are top quality ingredients and at a fair price. This SS doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, which is a huge plus for me, since I've noticed if my skin doesn't like something it will get red, blotchy, pores will get bigger, etc. This leaves it looking good.

The main con with this is that, like many physical SS that are actually doing anything at all, it is whitening. I find that I have to use less in order to make my face less white because I can't be going around with a geisha face. On the other hand, I do feel protected because it is so white; I've tried SS with ZincClear and I got more pigmentation so I don't feel those work as well.

I have to make sure to blend it well but it dries down quickly and isn't greasy or sticky. It actually has a good amount of slip and is easy to apply. I find it more usable than most other physical SS I've tried, Neutrogena Sensitive/Pure & Free SPF 60, Burnout (too drying), Coppertone Waterbabies, many others. I'm still figuring out what MU to wear over this, so far a slightly darker foundation has worked well. If you're expecting something completely cosmetically elegant you might be disappointed, however I like this for the quality ingredients, protection, and ease of application. Price -pretty good value, $17 for 3 oz. If it were any higher I wouldn't be as inclined to repurchase.

on 5/31/2014 8:11:00 AM

I love this stuff. I have combination skin that is VERY acne prone so there is a fine line between clear skin and zits galore. This moisturizer does leave my face dewy but it is very moisturizing and I love the way it makes my skin look and feel. I call this my liquid gold. Paula's choice put this as 'best of the best' for 2014; it is loaded with antioxidants (think wrinkle prevention) and provides plenty of SPF protection for my fair skin. There is NO scent and NO white cast like usual sunscreens cause. This would probably be too much for people with oily skin, but combination skin would benefit from this. I definitely recommend this to those that are struggling with finding a good moisturizer with SPF protection.

Edit: this stuff was way too oily for me and left my skin sticky. Never again. Not good for oily skin!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

A wonderful face sunscreen. I alternate between this and Paula's Choice RESIST Super Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30. The Kiss My Face sunscreen is about half the price of Paula's, but they definitely both have their merits. The KMF sunscreen is unscented, non-irritating, smooth, creamy, and does not leave a white cast or greasy finish. It isn't as matte or as drying as the PC one, nor does it have the tint so this is good for days when I want a more dewy look. I wish this came in a tinted version, but it's still awesome!

Top Rated Kiss My Face Products