August 23, 2014 | 1084 users online

Fragrances - Pink Flower Scents (A Zaftig Woman) - Vanilla Cream Cake Roll On

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by scarlettOH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Noooooooooooooo!! Don't buy this!!
    I got persuaded by the positive reviews, but my goodness..this absolutely smells like BURNT PLASTIC FAKE VANILLA. At first I thought that it needed to cure a bit, but the scent never changed. It was horibble. I have tried several AZW products and loved them, but Vanilla Cream Cake is a dreadful smell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 1:34:00 PM More reviews by PeeWeeScaresMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I also bought this in the EDP roll on based on the great reviews on here, and I am on the fence about this scent. It seems more like a burnt vanilla cream cake roll scent. I can detect this awesome sweet cake scent but there is something in it that leaves a bitter chemical note on my skin and it though it does fade as I am wearing this scent, it doesn't actually go away. It sucks because I love vanilla scents and this sounded so good, but I don't think I will be wearing too much of this scent. I still love AZW especially since the shipping is extremely fast, but I have yet to find any of Melissa's scents that compare to her Blackberry Musk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2006 4:00:00 PM More reviews by spooky_natalya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

well thank you again makeup alley for suggesting this, what a great creamy, soft, warm, cakey vanilla!! I love this scent, so wonderful and inviting really lit up the room with it's scent it's beautiful. holds strong, scent is wonderful and definitely something i will get again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by KelliCapwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Soft, sweet, warm, light & creamy are all words that describe this roll on. Perfect winter scent. Doesn't smell artifical or chemical in any way. I am in heaven. I am layering this w/ BBW vanilla bean noel lotion. 2 thumbs up!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2005 12:13:00 PM More reviews by kathfitz

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Mmmm, I have to laugh at the different responses I get to this. One person thought they smelled cocoa, another thought they smelled waffle cones and another person just said "you smell great" when they hugged me. I agree with others who say the scent is light, but the amazing thing is that it's still there the next day and it clings to my clothing so that when I go to put on my coat, I can still smell it weeks later. I love that in a scent!

I've worn so many fragrances over the years, and have rarely had anyone mention how good I smell, but when I wear this, I constantly get compliments.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2004 1:27:00 PM More reviews by vanillasweet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not what I was hoping for. Did not smell strong enough, and wasn't cakey at all. I will never find another vanilla like Victoria's Secret's "Vanille Caramel." Even though this was a light scent, it seem to last pretty long on me. Everyone kept saying they smell "cotton candy" around me, and that's not what I was going after. To me this smelled like my Hello Kitty erasers from 6th grade!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2004 4:06:00 AM More reviews by JennaX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Soft and sweet smelling. Great for layering under other perfumes or AZW oils/creams.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2004 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Didn't care too much for it at first, but like so many scents I disliked then slowly grew to love, this one has won me over. I mix it with AZW's Pink Sugar dupe and get a lot of comments on how warm and sweet I smell. It did smell "burnt" at first but later dried down to something light and creamy. Yup, I like it a lot. It's been damn near impossible for me to find a sweet vanilla I really like, but I do think this one will do just fine. I'll probably order three of them next time so I can use it with reckless abandon.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2004 11:15:00 PM More reviews by AnyaCondor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My intention with this admittedly inexpensive product was to bump some of my fancier ones a bit; I often will use oils as a base to sweeten or sharpen commercial fragrances, or to breathe them back to life. I am a mad scientist, a daring adventurer, a reckless libertine, and have created things both fabulous and foul. I think nothing of combining the most overly priced Parisian foo-foo-sniff with a guttersnipe cheap oil I get at a county fair. I have quite a few vanilla oils, and they have, for some reason, always missed the mark and been relegated to the young femmes fatales in the family, the ones who are under ten years of age, who love them and feel quite grown-up, or at least 13. I don't know why vanilla, of all scents, is so hard to get quite right, but it is. And here we have yet another that has fallen off the icing slope and into the recycle bin. I want to point out that I think AZW does a terrific job with cloning, and in this regard one may grease liberally and with jolly abandon. Some of their non-clone scents are likewise terrific (Aphrodite). But this vaunted vanilla here simply doesn't represent the best AZW has to offer, despite its many advocates. A large reason for this is that the scent is barely there. I will admit to an intense weekend with some BPAL samples, but this just underscored the dichotomy in potency. Vanilla Cream Cake is light as a cloud, hardly detectable, and is one of the least intense oils I have encountered. That aside, it really doesn't have much depth to it, smelling not of bean or flower or anything much more than the colour white, with a bit of sugar. It wants something deeper, something golden, some glow that would give it something more than this transparency. But do recognize that vanilla oil is extremely hard to do in the first place, so that shouldn't necessarily deter anyone from at least sampling it. It could be worse: It could be the mythical vanilla Valhalla and then be either grotesquely overpriced, out of reach, and tiny in size, or it could be too lacking in heft to produce more than a sigh of despair. No despair here, just another one for the spin cycle.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2004 2:48:00 AM More reviews by krisp6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading all the raves on the boards and in P'ville, I was so sure that this would be the end of my search for the perfect sweet, sugary vanilla fragrance that I was looking for, I eagerly ordered both the fragrance & the shea butter hand cream. Well, I definitely can smell a very nice sweet vanilla, but am I the only one who can smell a very distinct "burned" aspect to it as well? I wore it a couple times hoping the drydown would be nicer, but the burnt smell never faded. After a while, that smell took over and I couldn't stand it anymore. Last time I used it I ended up washing it off. Oh well.