November 29, 2014 | 1193 users online

Other - Crest - Night Effects

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by DamnableTreetop

I too preferred the individual packets. This stuff smells beyond noxious till it dries, is hard to apply, and feels nasty on. That said, I love how well it works especially the way it whitens around the edges of my teeth. I used to use it for 2-3 nights a couple of times a yr to keep my smile bright but with the new packaging am leery of going so long between uses.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2007 9:44:00 AM More reviews by pure1magination

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

tried this because whitestrips gave me searing gum pain... but i was able to finish the whole 14 days with this without pain. that's the plus -- the con is that my teeth didn't whiten that much, and i started with yellowish teeth. they lightened, but not quite the bright white that i had expected from crest.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 2:41:00 AM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't use the regular premium Crest strips because of extreme tooth sensitivity, so I use this instead. I did this kit about two years ago and had good results, though I liked the little individual packets to use instead of the metal jar it comes in now (which you have to dip into all the time). It's probably not as dramatic as whitestrips, but my teeth are already pretty white, this was just to remove some superficial tea stains. I'm on day #7 now and two teeth are a little sensitive, but it is bearable. I don't mind painting my teeth and find it kind of fun (LOL), but taking it off in the morning is a pain. I use a damp washcloth and then wipe down again with cotton fabric so I don't get any waxy residue on my Sonic toothbrush. It does take like minty Play-doh (yes, I ate it when I was a kid). I use this in conjunction with Tom's of Maine whitening toothpaste to keep up maintenance. It's also a lot cheaper than the regualr whitestrips, so I will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2006 8:47:00 PM More reviews by missamerica32

I am part of the minority that loves this. :o) This is cheaper than Whitestrips, easier to keep on, and only one application necessary per day. I can choose the teeth that I want whitened, because I prefer going one more tooth back than the Whitestrips cover. I don't mind the layer on my teeth, because I'm going straight to bed, plus it's minty fresh! I do suggest you wipe this off some before brushing in the morning, because it can accumulate on your tooth brush. This makes my teeth noticeably whiter over night with no sensitivity!!! (I have to use the Whitestrips for almost the full routine round of days before results are noticed.) I do enjoy both products, but overall enjoy the results from this product better. It's a little ackward at first, but it's worth it to give it a try, because you'll get the hang of it, and have lovely white teeth to show for your effort! :o) I really really love this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2006 3:34:00 PM More reviews by steph6890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i used this for a while when i was REALLY obsessed with my teeth but i really hated the application part of this juNk..i would get out my hair dryer to dry my teeth and then paint the crap on..but CREST WHiTESTRiPS are SO MUCH EASiER!...but then i found that i could buy CREST WHiTESTRiPS [SUPREME]--not premium..SUPREME on eBay and didn't have to get it from my dentist!

if you REALLY want WHiTE teeth...use CREST WHiTESTRiPS SUPREME! my teeth are incredibly white!...be careful of the sensitivity though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2006 3:42:00 AM More reviews by FaaipDeOaid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to try Crest white strips but after hearing so many people say that it caused their teeth to hurt I was afraid because my teeth are somewhat sensitive. I picked these up instead and so far i'm happy with the results. My teeth were noticeably whiter after only 2 nights of using this. Also, it didnt cause any pain and it was cheaper than alot of the other tooth whitening products (about $12) Alot of people seem to find this difficult to apply but I didn't have a problem with it. It does tend to dry up fast, but as long as I work quickly and only do one tooth at a time I can get a nice even coat. Just make sure you follow the directions on the box and I don't see why you should have a problem with this. The film it leaves on the teeth doesn't bother me since i'm just going straight to bed anyway. It's just a little waxy layer... I can barely feel it and it seems like that would be way less bothersome than a plasticky strip covering your teeth. You can still drink and talk while you have this on. I think this is one of the best whitening products you can get without going to the dentist.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2005 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Mlalak

This was ok. I didn;t see very obvious results after a few days and I need instant gratification! it isn;t very great to have on your teeth. I mean, you can;t even kiss your S/O goodnight with it on. ick!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2005 9:40:00 AM More reviews by linnylu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

you are so right it is a really difficult task to learn how to apply this. It does get sticky and if your teeth arent really dry (use a towel on teeth) it will not stick. It gets clumpy and gummy really fast too. Seems like there isnt alot of product in the little tubes either.
BUT the plus side is if you want fast results THIS IS IT. I noticed a difference in 1 night and believe me I had yellow teeth thanks to soda etc. I have used every product out there except the professional ones at the dentist (and that was my next resort). I was so impressed that the pros overweighed the cons for me. I have bonding work also and believe it or not it is even lightening that too.
Tips. DRY TEETH WITH TOWEL
Try to keep mouth dry also
Work fast and squeeze out only what you need on applicator
Go to bed immediately so you wont notice the crud on teeth
Brush the minute you get up so you get the crud feeling off teeth

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2005 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Bisou_ny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I guess I join the minority in liking this product. I had tried the whitestrips and didn't care for them: I didn't want to deal with putting them on twice a day, particularly since I work long hours and tumble straight into bed when I get home. Also, I felt the whitestrips didn't cover all the teeth that show when I smile. With this, on the other hand, I can just put it on at night, choose for myself which teeth to apply it to, and go straight to bed. It does work at whitening my teeth, and doesn't make my teeth or gums sensitive (which is very important to me). I noticed many of the reviews complain about how difficult it is to apply. It took me a while to figure it out, but there's a trick: it dries extremely quickly (as soon as it's squeezed out of the tube it begins to dry and clump), so use very little at one time and work fast. I squeeze out only the amount needed to cover 1 or 2 teeth and quickly brush that on. This way I get thin even layers and full coverage of any teeth that show when I smile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2005 11:33:00 PM More reviews by sherryba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this product was very easy to use and quite effective at brightening my smile. I actually noticed a difference after one night of use! I like this better than strips because they are slimey and slippery and the texture of night effects is not as annoying to me, personally. The product is clumpy but it did stay on my teeth very well, so it didn't bother me. This worked much better for me than the colgate brush on whitener. I generally whiten with a product I purchased from my dentist, but this is far cheaper and very simple to use. For a quick smile brightener I will pick this again!