September 30, 2014 | 1803 users online

Makeup Brushes - Smashbox - Crease #15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of all, I just have to rant about how very much more expensive this is in Canada than in the US. I think it's 23 or 24 dollars in the States and I paid $38 for it here in Canada last week. Does that not seem like highway robbery to you?

Having said that, I had to have this brush. Just looking at it, I had a pretty good idea that would be a super brush. Now that I've bought and used it, I would not be without this brush. Contrary to what it says at the top of this review, this is NOT called the "crease" brush (that has a different number and is fluffier). The #15 is called a "detailer" and that is really what it is. It works perfectly for depositing colour in the crease and blending it beautifully. It's also great for deepening/darkening the outer lid or outer V. And what a great brush for doing a subtle true smokey eye (where heavier shadow is deposited on the "mobile lid" close to the lashes and then gradually "smoked out" to almost nothing) - it's amazing how beautifully and easily you can get rich, deep colour at the base of the lashes using this.

I love this brush so much that I'm planning to get another one using my points when Shopper's Drug Mart has their next bonus point redemption at the end of November! This brush is right up there with the MAC 239 and 217 as a "must have" brush.

Update (Dec. 1, 2013): As planned, I went back and got another one of these yesterday because I love this brush so much. I probably don't really need a 2nd one (unlike a MAC 239, 217 or 224) since it's a fairly specific brush that I use with darker shades but still, it is such an outstanding brush and I got to buy it with my points which always helps me give in to temptation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 4:17:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

I have a few of these brushes. I only have small eyes so I use this to add colour all over my lid and then to add my crease colour. It's easy to build up colour with this brush. The reason I took off a lipstick is because I agree with a reviewer below who said that it can poke. As the bristles are firm I do often find that they can catch my a little and it hurts. It doesn't happen often so apart from that I would recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You cant go wrong with smashbox brushes. they are great quality. ive had this one for a year and there hasnt been any shedding it still works perfectly and still looks new! I think their brushes are so underrated! theyre much better then mac!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I know this is a crease brush, but I hardly ever define my crease when I do makeup. I had this brush since forever, and I just forgot about it, I never really found much use for it till now.
I always highlight my inner corner and I never really found a brush or anything that can apply shadows in that area neatly enough. Just a few weeks ago I pulled this brush out of my "forgot stash" and used it to highlight my inner corner and I was soo amazed!
I can't understand why I didn't see this before? It is a small dense and tapered brush, with a tip that's round, and not pointy like the Sigma one. It's just like dipping a soft pencil into your shadows and drawing neatly around the rims of your eyes on the inner corner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

Smashbox brushes are awesome, and this is one of my favorites to use in the crease. You can get a really defined look without looking heavy, or build up the intensity of the shadow with this brush, making it look very professional. Their hair is very good too. I think they farm their own animals and use their hair in a way that is not harmful to the animal, so that gives you peace of mind that an animal is not being hurt for the sake of a brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by albrygold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I never realized what a difference a good makeup brush could make! Eyeshadows -- especially in the crease -- never seemed to go on well so I "researched" brushes and after reading the reviews here, decided to take a chance and spend the big bucks. It was well worth it! It's very soft and is great for applying and blending eyeshadow. I've since bought other Smashbox brushes and am equally as happy with them.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by prtygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush does pick up color well & is dense but I wouldn't say it's soft. Sometimes the bristles poke you & hurt, I haven't had any other brush do that, no matter what angle I'm using the brush. Only reason why I actually got it was because I have all the other Smashbox brushes but will not repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by iuhooch625

Great brush. It's perfect for my crease and outer V, and it's great for blending. It's stiff enough to apply color precisely but soft enough to blend well. Can also be used with Smashbox's waterproof shadow liners around the rims of the eye.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by yuphehe

I was expecting more from this brush. Looking at reviews and touching at sephora, I really thought I would like this brush. But the size of the brush was too big for my Asian Eyes, I do have the folds so they are not that small. The bristles were also a little pokey can the ends. Overall, I think this is only an average brush, and I would probably like it more if it was more flexible or a tad smaller. (the MAC 219 is way too small). I still say that Kevyn Aucion makes the best crease brush, but never owned the Chanel or Laura Mercier.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by fyamaguchi888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the perfect MU brush for small eyes. It is so annoying when you buy expensive makeup & try to do different looks when your eye brushes are too big for your small eyes.
I'm Japanese & have small monolid hooded eyes. It is next to impossible to get a good "V" using other brushes.
The size of this brush is so perfect. I would buy this over & over again!