July 30, 2014 | 1153 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Balsam and Protein Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2006 11:01:00 AM More reviews by CoconutBreeze

A classic shampoo from VO5. I have bought this shampoo off and on for several years, and it always does the trick. Cheap, smells good, and makes my hair look healthy. I just purchased another bottle. ( huge bottle) for 99 cents at Walgreens! If that's not a buy, I don't know what is!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2006 10:38:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo caught my eye when I saw it on sale at the grocery store for only .69 cents, so I picked up a bottle to try. My hair is on the fine side, shoulder length, and 'virgin' (though I do occasionally use henna, which washes out). The issue that I have with my hair is that it is on the fine side, but the ends and surface tend to dry out, so it's hard to find hair products that don't either dry it out further or make it flat. This shampoo actually works very well for my hair. It makes it soft, shiny and clean feeling, yet it still has body. Nice balsam scent, too. The only thing that I noticed is that it doesn't lather very well, so I had to shampoo twice. For .69 cents, that's no biggie. Overall, a decent product. Works better than some of the shampoos that cost 10 times as much, if not more. I'd buy it again.
edit 10/23/06- after about a week or two, I started to notice build-up. Also, the smell started to get to me. Three lippies total for an average product

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2004 12:22:00 AM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The good news: Between a sale and a coupon, a large bottle of this shampoo only cost me 29 cents.

The bad news: Said shampoo completely dried out my hair and made it feel like straw. Dry-haired folks, steer clear!

(Fortunately, VO5's hot oil treatments helped my hair return to normal...) continued >>