Shu Uemura Wool Brush #20 (Pony)

4.9

on 5/30/2015 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This brush has been my daily blush brush since I bought it five years ago. It's pricey but really worth it. It's soft but not too soft and just the right size for blush. Perfect to pick up enough color from powder blushes and place it on my face. I wash it once a week with Dr. Bronners soap and it's as good as new still.

on 1/20/2013 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

i used to use a real technique brush for blushes and bronzer, and always thought it was the product that was a bit 'meh' because it didnt sit right or blend or come out as pigmented. then i picked up this brush...

its so soft, when putting on nars laguna it glides across and somehow blends but keeps the colour, and it seems to just follow the natural contour of your face. a teeny dab into your product and the brush PICKS IT UP and transfers it all to your face, which is a good thing, it doesnt just build up product on the brush but actually does it job. so so amazing! felt like being sick when i bought it but i have NO REGRETS! amazing quality

on 1/9/2013 10:30:00 PM

Fantastic brush! It's very soft, doesn't shed at all (including after a few washes), and a great size (relatively small) for contouring and blush application. It's definitely on the expensive side, but if you're willing to spend the money, this is a great brush.

Overall: Really great brush!
Value: Assuming this brush lasts me 15+years, I think it's an decent value. However, I really like having precise and soft brushes. If this isn't that important to you or you aren't as picky about your makeup brushes, other brands (like Ecotools) are probably a much better value. Ecotools brushes are generally well made, don't shed, and get the job done for a fraction of the price.

on 4/10/2012 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

This is the best blush brush I own. Buy it.

Oh, you want more details? Sure :D The only blush brush I own that's a similar shade - rather flat, and rounded on top - is the MAC 116. The Shu blush is softer, better made, picks up exactly the right amount of blush, and blends it effortlessly. That, I think, is this brush's real selling point: it blends blush all by itself. I don't have to work - I barely have to do anything! And it works with every type of powder blush I try it on: pigmented, sheer, hard, soft.

The Shu 20 is probably the only blush brush you'll ever need. I find myself using it at least 4 days of the week.

on 2/7/2011 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best cheek brush I've tried. I just got my second one after the first one lasted me for more than 10 years. I've tried other cheek brushes (RMK, B Brown, MAC) since my first SU brush and in the end, I still went back to this one. The brush picks the right amount of colour and the densely packed brush sweeps the colour evenly on my cheeks. The brush is exquisitely crafted, the pony hair is of high quality and they don't shed. With its nicely lacquered handle, this brush is a pleasure to use. It is, however, insanely expensive (US$70 / S$92).

I remembered when i was getting the second brush, the SA asked what's wrong with the first one, I told her it is old but she replied since there's nothing really wrong with it, the brush should be able to last another couple of years!

on 10/7/2010 3:08:00 AM

WOW. This brush has left me completely and utterly speechless. I don't even know where to start but I'll try!

Prior to buying this brush, I had been using the MAC 129 to apply my blush. It did an okay job--but I always wondered why my blush looks funky on me. Either it's barely there and you can't even see it, or it's way too much. I had trouble finding a balance so I usually erred on the lesser side...because I'd rather look like I'm not wearing blush than look like a clown.

Now even though I'm a big fan of shu, the last brush I ordered that everyone *raves* about was the foundation brush 18. That brush was absolutely terrible for me and I hated everything about it. I couldn't justify keeping that brush even though I really wanted to, so I ended up paying for shipping and sending it back to shu. I decided to take a risk by ordering the blush brush 20, and honestly when I opened it and saw the brush, I immediately thought "Oh god I have to return this again." It was just sooooo tiny for a blush brush!!! Usually blush brushes are pretty big--not as large as powder brushes of course--but this brush was absolutely TEENY!

However, I thought since I had it anyway I might as well try it out. And I am SO glad I did. I have never once had such a flawless blush application. And most of all it was incredibly easy to do! Even though the brush is small, the way the bristles fan out when I press it against my cheek just allows for the most perfect color application ever! I was soooo blown away by how gorgeous it looked! And every single blush I used...the result was the same. Be it shu, NARS, or MAC...it was just a perfect perfect application each time. This brush is definitely a splurge, but it is also a great investment. I never knew what a difference the brush could make in my blush application but honestly, I am kicking myself for not having tried this earlier.

The brush is such a no brainer to use...I just dip it once into my blush, then I swirl the brush onto the apples of my cheeks and then swirl it up towards my temples a bit. It gives me such a nice flush of color and it shows up on my face without looking too much! Definitely everything I am looking for in a blush brush. I absolutely recommend this brush. It's just SO AMAZING and everyone must have it!!!!

on 4/12/2010 9:44:00 AM

I bought my first Shu brush (this same one) 15 years ago in Hong Kong - and it was an amazing investment, and the only blush brush I used for years. A couple of years ago I decided to replace it since it was looking a bit beaten up.
Got the same thing for a ton of money at Sephora but I love it, and it is still my daily staple! Delivers blush perfectly, cleans well, soft and wonderful.

on 2/17/2010 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is an outstanding brush. I bought this at a Duty Free and it's ridiculously expensive. The price is worth the product though, as I see that this brush will be used (and abused) for a very very long time.

It's quite heavy, it has a very good balance, the bristles are long, dense and incredibly soft. It can pack a lot of pigment, so a light hand is needed when applying blush or bronzer and I buff my face with this after using a setting powder. I also like using this to apply my Guerlain meteorites powder balls, and because it's dense it packs a lot of product and my face ends up very very luminous.

Initially, this brush isn't what I wanted, as I preferred the 18r, which happens to be slightly smaller that 20b. But in my area 18r has been out of stock for a very long time. So I decided to purchase the more expensive 20b. I'm very happy with this though and this is one of my most treasured brushes.

on 11/13/2009 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite blush brush of all time! I use this to apply blush everyday and it works perfectly. It's soft and picks up just the right amount of color. Will repurchase if i think there is the need to, or maybe i'll just by it again because I love it so much..

on 7/1/2009 5:14:00 AM

This is an ultra soft brush! Best Blusher Brush! I really like to apply blushers/msf with it. Though expensive, I will definitely repurchase if I lose it.

Top Rated Shu Uemura Products