April 19, 2014 | 1717 users online

Makeup Brushes - Kevyn Aucoin - Essential Five-Piece Brush Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2005 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Skincarediva

I have tried using many other brands of brushes but Kevyn's are the best I have found. I have had my set for close to 2 years and they are the best investment I have made. I haven't had any problem with shedding and they look just as good as when I first purchased them. I do religiously wash them every week. They are the best!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2004 10:57:00 AM More reviews by charlyne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To begin with, this five-piece set includes:
Contour ($40)
Medium eye shadow ($32)
Small flat tip eye shadow ($28)
Concealer ($24- rediculous)
Eyebrow/eyelash ($12)
Brush roll ($42)
To be honest, I am not super pleased with the eyebrow/eyelash brush and the concealer brush cuz although they are essential, I'd rather they include a powder or blush brush. These two brushes are very basic, so the only good point is the acrylic handle in the signature burgundy color that I love, otherwise nothing spectaculr with these two brushes. You can find reviews for other brushes and the brush roll respectively under the same category, so I just skip this part and this review just to let you know that here's another option if you want to own some KA brushes. This is sold at $150 in Neiman Marcus but strangely I didn't see this set on KA's webiste. You save about $28 only if you go for this set. I think the whole set may be worth more, but the two extra medium eyeshadow brushes are kinda blah to me.