November 23, 2014 | 1978 users online

Pressed Powders - Jerome Alexander - Italian Marble Self-Correcting Face Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by jlxinle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Complete waste of money. SGD 40 for this awful, awful product.

Don't trust the adverts! The powder does not do what it claims to do and definitely does not suit all skin tones. I am an NC25 and its way to light for me. Poor lasting power and what the heck, it doesn't correct/cover anything at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This isn't bad.. I saw it at CVS in the As Seen On TV section. I swiped it up faster than you could imagine. I haven't seen Jerome Alexander products in years. This product brought back very fond memories of me being a young teen and watching HSN with my Nana. It was our favorite pass time. My Nana would order Jerome's products for the both of us.
I bought it in a heartbeat and didn't even care if it worked or not. I just loved the thought of having it & it reminding me of my beloved Nana. Well it actually isn't half bad! I use it to set my foundation. It matches my medium complexion with yellow under tones. It came with a mascara that is good also. The brush is crap, but I have tons of nice brushes to apply it with.
Thank you Jerome for bringing back fond memories of my Nana.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by lorias54

I use the sponge that comes with it for full coverage then buff with my own kabuki brush. This powder covers my redness and broken capallaries better than all the other mineral powders I have tried. The only way it works for me again is with the sponge then buff with a brush alittle blush and you look flawless.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2009 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Dainty7

i bought this powder after watching it on ideal world and it is nothing like they made out. they claim it works with any skintone and skin type but it doesnt. im very pale and this just made me look like i had a face full of makeup on which i dont like. it has different shades in the powder that apparently combine to correct blemishes, under eye circles and redness, i personaly don't think it does. it goes on quite light although if you want good coverage you need to keep piling it on and although they claim it doesnt cake i found that it did slighlty on my face and made me look orange. i gave it to a family member after that who is a slightly darker skintone and she is not to keen on it either. i purchased other products the eye pallette which i love and the mascara but i guess i just didn't like the marble powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2007 4:03:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

bought this recently from Ideal World as I liked the concept - a one-colour-fits-all powder with various specks of correcting pigments. it has bits of yellow, green,lilac,pink and bronze although not very much of each. the quality is quite good, I wasn't sure what to expect, its a very fine powder and you get a lot for your money. I got one large 40g compact (with a v small mirror) and one small 10g compact with a brush for 20 plus postage.
the only flaw is that the main colour is quite dark and i am light/medium with yellow undertones (dark brown hair and eyes). having said that you only need a tiny amount and you can blend and blend and it looks OK, not muddy like some eg laura geller's balance 'n' brighten which I have also tried. I also use it on my arms and decollete. the finish is very sheer and quite 'satiny' - nice for evening.
the brush that came with isn't bad but tends to pick up too much powder. I use it with my Body Shop powder brush which is much better. I'm still not sure if I like it as much as mineral but if EM produce a good pressed powder (they are due to soon) then I will probably use that instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2004 10:37:00 AM More reviews by shalisirkay

This is a great powder. I don't know if the little colored pigments actually correct anything on your face (my skin is relatively even-toned), but the color works for me. I am of South Asian descent, with yellow-golden olive undertones, and this powder makes my face look "finished"- it is really great. It lasts as long as any other face powder.

It comes with a brush, but the brush is not that great because the bristles shed when use it. The powder is a great value because it is not too expensive and it comes in an oversized compact (which does not make it portable!).