October 2, 2014 | 1838 users online

Powder - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Walko

I like this. It has spf,doesn't look chalky or cakey ,good oil control and the light/medium is perfect for NW15/20.It's reasonably priced.Powders with spf are hard to find but if like me they're your preference(great for topping up sunscreen during the day ) try this.It's good stuff.Fragrance free too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My product looks different than the picture but it just comes in a gray compact. When you open it up the powder is there but you have to lift up another little thing to get to the applicator. The applicator is good for maybe 2 weeks, then it starts to fall apart so you'd have to get a new one or start applying with a brush. I have not had problems breaking out when I use this product. One thing I don't like is that if you use the mirror it comes with you have to lift up the part that has the applicator so you have to switch back and forth to get the product then to get to the mirror. It does provide a good coverage (I do only use powder for my face) when you use an applicator like the one it comes with. With a brush (I use a kabuki brush) it has very light coverage. It is hard to use this though when you have flaky skin like I do at the moment because it seems to make it worse. All in all I would get this again and it has spf 20 ! I get it in the shade light to medium 30.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

I've used the Neutrogena healthy skin pressed powder SPF 20 for over 10 years. I started buying it because it seemed to be the only powder with semi-decent SPF back in the day. I am extremely break-out prone and liquid sunscreen back then (and even now) completely made me GREASY and broke me out, so I used to use the Prescriptives cream foundation for oily skin with SPF and used this pressed powder with SPF. It was fine, so I just kept buying it and sometimes it was hard to find! Right now, I am an NC25 and I am using this in Light to Medium 30. Everything tends to oxidize on my oily skin so if I want my face to match my neck, I have to buy something that looks a lot lighter initially and then in about 20 minutes, it looks completely normal. So in the past, I have used Fair, Light, etc. -- all the super light shades, but honestly, it didn't matter. My NC20-25 skin is light enough that powder shades that might be a little too light don't look that bad and, chances are, they will oxidize to match my skin at some point in the day. This past summer I have been using Mac's Studio Fix Powder Fndn (NC25) and because it starts to melt in about an hour or 2, I put the Neutrogena Pressed Powder over it, which helps with oil control for maybe an extra hour. I also have the Mac Blotting Powder but it doesn't have SPF, so I'll use it in my purse for night. Now that it is almost October, I am going back to my liquid fndn Smashbox Studio Skin 15hr Wear SPF 10 (shade 1.1 and I LOVE it) and I think the Neutrogena powder feels heavy, compared to the Physician's Formula Airbrushing Pressed Powder 16hr SPF30 (which I bought on sale last week and have been trying for about a week with a return-try to Neutrogena a few days ago). I think I like the Phys Formula Pressed Powder better & it has a higher SPF, so I think I'll be sticking to this from now on and also finish off the Neutrogena. If Phys Formula powder wasn't available, I'd buy Neutrogena powder again. I have been trying the Phys Formula Pressed Powder in Beige 7588 which is perfect when it goes on but gets "tan-looking" later in the day. Oh well, I'll either work with it or exchange it for lighter shade.

Update: I have decided I hate both of the Physician's Formula pressed powders and will NEVER buy them again; I'll just wear BB cream under fndn for the SPF. This neutrogena healthy skin pressed powder is still an okay powder but I think I strongly prefer Revlon Nearly Naked and Wet&Wild Coverall pressed powders over this one, even if the Neutrogena has SPF and the other two do not. I think it starts to feel heavy and might get cakey over the day, while the other two do not; I also think it is just not very mattifying at all. I'm leaving the overall rating at 4 lippies, but I'm changing my "buy it again" rating to No.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by kcro

I have VERY oily skin that is extremely acne-prone. I began using this powder and it did a decent job of controlling oil. Nothing magical, but it was better than the typical oil slick on my face. It looked natural on me, and it was nice for the summer. However, after using it for about a week I broke out with cystic acne and I have been on a controlled skin regimen, with no breakouts, for over a year! This is the only product that changed in my routine. DO NOT buy this if you are acne prone. I regret buying it big time.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by MzJamZy89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ohhh, I didn't like this powder at all. I really, really liked it at first but then by the 3 or 4th day.. I was broke out by it sooo bad. The bad break out where the pimples are under the skin and not on top. Using this made me scared to try the liquid makeup version but they're nothing alike!

It took me 2 weeks to get rid of the type of acne that it gave me. Terrible powder and a nightmare. Yikes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by jacksonbrittney836

Its just sat on my face didnt seem to rub in good made me feel cakey and felt makeup on which I dont like

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by kimberlyann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried the SPF 20 version. This is a decent powder; there is nothing particularly great about it. I don't typically use it to set anything so it goes straight onto my bare skin, just so you know.
-----------------------------
With how I use this (2-3 light layers of dusting with powder brush), the coverage is basic; pretty minimal I guess. If you have any blemishes, freckles, or other discolorations this is not going to cover them on it's own.
-----------------------------
I have skin on the drier side, but in the summer I sometimes can get a little shiny in the t-zone... This powder holds up decently in the heat. It's not the best at keeping away the shinieness, though. I would need to keep this on hand for maybe a touch-up or two during the day. This might be routine for some people and not bother them, but for me.. I like to put on my makeup once in the day and go without ever really having a strong need to touch up! (this is me being finicky, though :P)
----------------------------
Overall, this powder compact is decent. I will keep rebuying until I dare to try something new! P.S. I also want to add that I think it's great that they made this powder with a built-in SPF! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by msog177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a very pale person, cool undertones and even the lightest shade does not work on my skin. It makes me look orange, which is too bad because the powder itself is pretty good. But Neutrogena needs to come out with a wider array of shades. Until then, will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by BoxOfRocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a nice, basic setting powder. It doesn't oxidize, provides decent coverage for a powder, and doesn't cake. The packaging--the mirror and compartment for the puff are below the product itself--is a bit awkward. I'll buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by BaronessaGinevra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Meh. This felt drying and cake-y. It seems like the powder just sits on top of my face, not natural looking at all. There is a decent assortment of shades (at least in the lighter tones).