August 21, 2014 | 1767 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - Irma La Douce Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was a Stila virgin for the longest time and I finally caved in and bought a product from the line.
I had a makeover done at my local Stila counter and the MA suggested this eyeshadow to compliment the olive top I was planning to wear for a night out.

At first I thought it looked similar to MAC's Sumptuous Olive but La Douce is lighter.
The MA did a beautiful smokey eye with La Douce and the SA's all raved about the look he created.

This is a beautiful olive toned shade that really enhances brown eyes. I find it's softer than MAC's Sumptuous Olive and it's perfect for every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by rmt2104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this eyeshadow! I've been looking for a while for that perfect deep olive green that enhances my PPP skin and dark brown eyes, without being too loud. The color does change a bit a little after application, which is why I'd probably give this 4.5 lippies if I could, but it still looks great.

Edit: If you have this be careful with it since it seems to break up easily (more so than other stila shadows). Both my pans of this color have broken. Luckily I was able to repress them pretty easily with the rubbing alcohol trick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my freakin' lord, but WHERE has this shadow been all my life? This is actually my first STILA purchase. It's only recently come within my grasp at a large, rather high end incarnation of a large Canadian drug store chain. I saw La Douce a few weeks back, when I was in there purchasing a ton of other stuff (they have BENEFIT too - the entire line). The other day, I decided to treat myself as I've been really pushing myself to go to the gym almost every day (cardio every day and strength training every other day), so this was my reward.

La Douce (mine appears to have dropped the "Irma") is a beautiful greyed khaki. It's smokey and rich but not overbearingly so. In some ways, it reminds me of a darkened, greener version of MAC's Dalliance - I don't quite know why as it is quite a bit different - but I find comparisons to MAC's Sumptuous Olive not to be very accurate either as La Douce is less gold/more green and has better colour payoff. La Douce is a unique colour, not like anything else I have. La Douce is a shadow I will wear a LOT, especially with autumn approaching. This is such a "season of mists and mellow fruitfulness" sort of colour (sorry, but autumn is my favourite season and where I live, if you take a nap, you might miss it entirely - we slide from summer heat-wave to winter blizzard in about 2 days!)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A really pretty shimmery olive green, the texture is so smooth and looks great on the skin. Very similar to MAC Sumptuous Olive, except La Douce has less gold tones to it. Looks great paired with golden bronze colors like Golightly (UD Smog is a dupe for this). The size of the eyeshadow is very big, with a pan diameter of 35mm, but nevertheless it is expensive and it is unlikely that I would ever use up the whole thing, but if I did, I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely, golden olive drab green. It's not the kind of boring blah OD green you would think of but have a lovely golden shimmer to it. This is the dark green that I like to wear in the fall and looks good with my light skin and brown eyes. Its the one dark green i'll continue to wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by skimcap

My all time favourite eyeshadow colour. I love how it has a slight gold shimmer and is an olive green brown without being boring. I often use this as a everyday crease liner as well as a dark green smoky eye with MAC Teddy kohl liner. This doesn't crease and has amazing stay on my lids especially on top of a standard primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This golden olive shade is ideal if you're used to wearing neutrals but want to add some subtle colour. There's nothing scary or vibrant about it, and, unless you really pack it on, it's not obviously green. I wear it in the crease with Wheat on the lid, and it is just very softly olive-toned, which is perfect for me because I'm a neutral girl at heart and love colours that blend with my usual browns, golds and taupes. This fits the bill perfectly, and the texture and blendability are divine.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by mkhongms

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This golden olive is pretty when worn in the crease with a golden nude eyeshadow as the base shade. The green in La Douce is more obvious if you pack on the color - however there will be some fallout.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 8:22:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a slightly shimmery dark golden olive green to me and fyi, I have dark brown eyes which are almost black and neutral to cool pale/ light skin tone.

At first, I didn't really like this eye shadow... The colour in the pan is truly what it is going to appear on lids, well, at least for my fair skin. It was kind of like a pile of dirty mud on my lids when I first used this alone. Being unhappy with the results and before washing it off, I tried to pair this with a reddish brown shade from my Shu Uemura Secret Luscious Rose palette (whatever the name is, lol) at the outer v with La Douce as a base and I was stunned. It was so pretty and not OTT at all after blending, especially I was actually using 2 shades that I usually stay away from! Neutral and polished are the 2 words I could use to describe the look. :D The message behind this from me is to try to combine this with other e/s if this doesn't quite work for you when used alone - you may be surprised like me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

La Douce is one of my favourite eyeshadow shades. It's a shimmery olive green that has beautiful depth of colour and great pigmentation. Olive green sounds drab, but this is anything but! The colour transforms dramatically when used wet, becoming much richer and more metallic (looks almost like a foiled cream shadow).
Has a beautiful buttery formula and the staying power is excellent.
Today I'm wearing it in the outer V and wet as a liner with Kalo as a base.