July 31, 2014 | 1013 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Moisturizing for Dry, Brittle Nails Fast & Gentle Polish Remover

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by tazzy801

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using Avon and Oriflame nail polish removers and was pleased with them but thought to try this one when I saw it, out of curiosity mostly. Thought it was suprisingly cheap (4.50-5 EUR) for the quality i expected and the quantity of course (8fl.oz-236.5ml).
It's supposed to be fast but it actually takes much more time than i'm used to, especially if it gets a bit on the cuticles when you colour the nails and you try to remove with cotton buds it really really takes forever!
It's a good amount but doesn't last as u need loads of it and loads of cotton too.Also the opening of the bottle makes it really hard to get just the amount you want.
The smell is quite ok and as it comes to the effect on the nails (dry-brittle) still trying to figure that out.
Quite disappointing and won't buy again but i'm willing to try the rest of the removers of the same brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The best remover I've ever tried! It's quick and not too abresive on the nails. I wouldn't call it moisturizing maybe, but not as drying as some...

I find the bottle a little inconvenient, I wish it was more "even" in chape, cylinder shaped maybe, but all in all -very good!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by BunnySlippers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far the worst nailpolish remover I have ever used.
I have a different packaging (bought it in Holland) which I loved (and the reason why I bought it) is was kind of a flask, and if you popped the cap and took a cotton pad you just pressed down with the cotton pod on top en it mixed the two phase formula and sprayed it right onto the pad. Loved it!

But the removal was horrendous. I had to scrub scrub scrub, use countless cotton pads, had to use tons of the remover and sometimes the polish stil didn't come off! entirely! If you like glitter polishes please don't use this! I know they are harder to remove, but after almost scrubbing my nails to a pulp it still wouldn't budge!

The smell isn't that bad (although I like the smell of nail polish remover...) and isn't that strong. And I can see why it could care for dry brittle nails (like mine), but I had to scrub so aggressively and use so much product they wear dried out anyway. Maybe even more than with a more agressive remover, since your done in a few minutes and have time to put on some nail cream etc. to recover them.

So this is definitely a big 'NO' for me, it didn't work, very time consuming, and it didn't last very long. After only using it a few times it was almost empty..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by angelamdai

I just finished my first bottle of this stuff and it was a good product to use. I opted for this stuff since it's supposed to be more gentle but I honestly didn't notice a difference between this and all the other formulas out there. It gets your nail polish off and that's that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works like other nail polish removers but costs less than them? Very strange indeed. The smell isn't too bad, different from the rest. It does dry out my nails, but it's less than other polish removers.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by geraldinem54

it takes a couple of cotton squares/balls to get the nail polish off with this thing. it really does take a long time, and even then it's still not completely off. theres still some polish that it cant take off. ;l it's supposed to be 'gentle' but it's super drying to the nails. there are better polish removers out there. it also smells so much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is kinda like the pink one but I feel that this one is a bit better because it doesn't dry out my nails that much. But to me, there isn't much of a difference so pink or green is fine lolz.

I would buy again for sure. This is my....actually I've lost count on which bottle I am on now at the moment. I usually get these one sale. So it's super super cheap for me :)

2 for $3 CAD :) is the price I usually get it at.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by katzy619

This is my favorite nail polish remover. I have tried everything from Cutex to generic CVS, Duane Reade, and Rite Aid brands. I love this one. It is non-drying, removes polishes quickly and the smell that it leaves behind is so nice! None of that lemon acetone stuff, this smells so fresh and clean.
I have been working in a hospital for a few months now and the alcohol hand rub has really started drying out my hands and nails. I use this remover along with Sally Hansen's Age Correct Growth Treatment and I see improvements in less than a week. My nails are nice and strong again. I will be throwing out all my other nail polish removers and will definitely get more of this one once I'm done.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by floofinator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using SH nail polish removers since I started painting my nails 6 years ago, and this is the latest I've tried.

The smell is super strong, but I can deal with it because it IS a nail polish remover.

As others mentioned it does take a couple of swipes to completely take off the polish, so what I usually do is soak small portions of a cotton ball in the remover, and then apply a portion to each nail and let it sit for a minute before doing the rubbing. It won't take it all off, but it makes taking off the remainder way easier.

This stuff doesn't dry out my cuticles but no other nail polish remover has...maybe my cuticles are just super durable? This remover doesn't dry out my nails as much as the other SH removers I've tried but I'm still a little skeptical about whether this is actually gentle enough for dry, brittle nails...

Anyway, it's really cheap and one bottle lasts quite a long time so I will definitely buy again. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by MissBoop

This is the only nail polish remover that could get my nails clean. Even though it does take a couple swipes, it works a lot better that other brands that I've tried. It's cheap and I've never found a nail polish remover that smells yummy so this doesn't make a difference. Overall, you get what you pay for. It's cheap, it serves it's purpose and it's nail polish remover.