April 21, 2014 | 1027 users online

Eye Shadow - Cat Cosmetics - Panther

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thank you Barb for introducing me to this wonderful blackened gold eyeshadow! It truly is just that and not olive, like so many others that try to do the same. It works very well as an eyeliner too and is of excellent quality--no crumbly fall-out or eye irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 8:43:00 PM More reviews by tycho12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got 3 of the cat cosmetics shadows, and I really love this one! I use it as a liner. Today I tried applying with a damp brush and it was amazing. Sparkly black with gold flecks and it lasted all day with no smudging at all! Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2007 12:54:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

This may be my HG liner shadow!

Cat advertises this as a black shadow with "a hint of starry gold shimmer in it for a sultry, dramatic feel. It's great for that super smoky look!" Well, I love to wear a smoky eye so I got this in refill pan form. I guess I expected it to look (in the pan at least) like a rich black shadow with some golden shimmers in it. IRL, it looks like a shimmery deep dark olive-undertoned charcoal grey in the pan, but on the eye it's a soft blackened gold. For me, this is the ultimate liner shadow - it's rich, warm, smoky, and not at all harsh. Perfect with my AAB/NC25 coloring. The shadow blends beautifully, so it's virtually foolproof to create a smoky eye with this shadow. Works wonderfully wet as a liner, stays put all day. Working with it wet really brings out a bronzed gold sheen.

Comparisons - Looks identical in the pan to NARS Night Clubbing, but Night Clubbing goes on darker with less shimmer and is slightly silkier in texture. Reminds me of LORAC Jade - similar depth of color but Jade is based on olive green tones whereas Panther has no green/olive undertones. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2006 6:16:00 PM More reviews by nakobear

I got Panther as a part of the Cameron palette and I have to say, this is the best shade in that palette. I used the palette today and used Panther as a liner used wet. I was a bit skeptical at first because usually a lot of black or charcoal shades with shimmer look flat and the shimmer disappears upon application. The shimmer in this eye shadow was definitely noticeable when applied but it wasn't overkill. A beautiful shade and very unique shade. I would definitely repurchase, but I rarely (if ever) hit pan on anything but we'll see =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2006 11:23:00 AM More reviews by BarbItalia

I've always been a dog person, hehehe! I am now a HUGE Cat Lover!!! This eyeshadow is just stunning; a huge pan (same size as Prestige and Ulta shadows) of high-quality shadow with superb pigment and all-day lasting power. One could not ask for a better shadow formula. What is interesting about Panther is that, unlike many black-golds, this does not look green when applied. It's a smokey dark charcoal softened by the gold. I use this almost daily as a dramatic V contour at outer corners, but suitable for daytime. I have this in my Cat Cosmetics Six-Kitten palette (fabulous quality palette, full sized mirror and a USEFUL little brush). WONDERFUL for brown eyes, for any color, and great to wetline, too. This will be a constant repurchase for me. ***Edit 8/19: OMGoodness, you must see this WET!!! What a marvelous, sophisticated lame' sparkly finish!!! Glitter so fine that is becomes a sheen. Bravo, Cat!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2004 4:15:00 PM More reviews by vermint

Black shadow with a hint of gold...great for drylining. Can be very dramatic when also used in corner of eyes. Cat's shadows are No. 1 with me!