Laura Mercier Natural Lips

I would not buy this product again. I found this liner hard to use and a really odd color. I did not find it to be either "natural" nor was it a good nude liner. This was a disappointment.

on 3/5/2011 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've had this lip pencil for many years and just started using again and it is not dry, chalky or brittle...it applies nicely. I actually thought the name of this was nude lips and had to go take a look at it, the color is a nude not rosey or orangey, it will give you sexy lip look with just using this with some lip gloss.

on 11/16/2008 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good shade to achieve the nude lip. I like to wear this on it's own, it just defines and emphasizes my lips and makes them look fuller. It's a neutral light brown with a beige undertone, and goes on smoothly. There's nothing really to fault this lip liner except that it doesn't have a lipbrush on the other end, and I REALLY like my lipliners to have a lipbrush attached, it's just easier to use that way.

on 10/9/2008 6:35:00 PM

This is HG lip liner! I keep buying it. Yes, there are smoother lip liners out there, but in my experience too smooth means the liner "slips" & does not hold your lipstick in place. I think it is just the right texture to apply lip liner accurately. As for the color, I LOVE IT! I wasted too many years wearing orangey MAC spice. I think this is a nice pink/brown that is not too light to even out lips and it still gives my lips color.( My lips are fairly pigmented) It's works with all lip colors & glosses. A must try.

on 8/28/2008 10:46:00 PM

Purchased this neutral/nude lip liner pencil after using and being disappointed with the Shiseido 2, Sepia on ice, Sepia glace lip liner pencil which was not working for my ULTRA PALE skintone in achieving a true natural/neutral/nude look. This did a better job (natural lips by Mercier). BUT I have since found a lip liner pencil in the Bourjois line that is almost a "twin" shade to Natural Lips & the Bourjois one has been the one that I have stuck with. It gives me exactly what I was/am looking for: nude, neutral and very natural look on my lips/skintone. It's neither to red nor to pink (dark) which has been a prob. for me in finding just the right nude liner. And of course it costs me less than the L. Mercier lip liner pencil.

ABOUT ME: LLL, NC20, LM Warm Ivory, Shiseido O20, warm toned, over 40 skin, combo/dry, easily irritated, allergic, prone to clogged pores from silicone-based products. ABOUT PRODUCT: Goes on smoothly, not too hard, good color for most of my lipsticks. I use the LM Chestnut shade if I'm wearing a dark shade of lipstick.

on 6/9/2006 12:47:00 PM

For the kind of money I paid for it, I expected a little more oomph. The color is just lovely and perfect for any lipstick but it does feel dry. Because of this, I find that it doesn't glide as well as my MAC liners

on 11/27/2004 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Just like the mua-er who posted below, i'd definatley say this is my PERFECT nude lipliner :) This is a medium brown (no pink or orange undertones) that helps cancel out the strong pink pigment in my lips. I love that LM liners tend to be creamy enough to blend perfectly w/ any lipsticks and gloss. Definately a HG for me :D I love pairing this w/ LM nude lips lipstick with MAC c-thru lipglass on top (or even LM champagne l/g on top)! :) Will repurchase for sure, even with it's hefty pricetag!

Popular Lip Liners