November 28, 2014 | 1902 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Metallic Creme Eye Colour - Rose Gold

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by bhazelman

i love this prouct coz it blends to my skin tone and just has this awesome natural tint to it. Its not to shimmery too..which is what i love. but its way expensive though

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by sukayna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this but it ended up being a huge disappointment for me. I was on the hunt for a rose gold shadow to wear this summer, so i ended up giving this a try. I love the tube packaging- very cute and practical for a cream shadow. This is a bit on the pricier side. you get a small amount (.3 oz) for $22.
On to the formula and color itself:
The formula is very smooth and silky and has a pretty metallic sheen, living up to the name. These are best worn as a simple wash or even a base for other shadows. I didn't have any creasing with this, and it applied very evenly.
Unfortunately, these are not very pigmented. As you spread them, it diminishes to a very faint rosey gold with obvious shimmer. On me (NC30-35) this barely showed up, you could only see the sparkle.
I feel like there is a small range of skin tones that can pull this off- some paler girls complain that this makes them look sick and darker ones say that this barely shows up, as in my case. However, on the right skintone this can look gorgeous, as it is really a beautiful color in itself. As a result, I highly suggest you try this before purchasing!
P.S. If this didn't/doesn't work out for you and you're looking for a pigmented true rose gold, Mac's "expensive pink" fits the bill perfectly. love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Simply a beautiful rose gold color. The color in the tube is very true and it applies as a rosy-metallic-goldy color. I put this under eyeshadow as a base which imparts a lovely metallic sheen under a normally flat eyeshadow. The consistency is very creamy, you have a lot of time to move it around before it sets. This doesn't crease initially, but after about 6 hours it will because I have oily lids. I've had this for a year and I've yet to be disappointed. I've also used this lightly on my cheeks as a pinky metallic highlighter. Doesn't have a scent and doesn't irritate my eyes, which can be sensitive to cheap shadows. I want to try more colors!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by MetroMakeUp

I am giving this an overall 3 because I am not sure how to apply this. I have worked with gel-based eye cremes before, but this one was different. I popped open the box and I put some on my hand and I could tell that it was highly pigmented. I applied it with a dry eyeshadow brush. It did not apply smoothly. It went on kinda smoothly, but I definitely had to smooth it out with many brushstrokes. Maybe I used too much.

Anyone have any tips on application? Should I use a wet brush or a foam applicator?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by chiggy5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really tried to make this work. I gave it a 2 rating because I like that the product is in a tube instead of a tub and that it doesn't crease but the color, it make my eyes look red and irritated (but the product did not irritate my eyes) like I had bad allergies. I tried to use it by itself..that didn't work, so I tried it as a base but the color itself was difficult to work with, it is too brassy of a color for me. It retails for $22.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This range of cream shadows is excellent. "Rose Gold" is an absolutely beautiful shade. The gold and rose tones are so harmonious with one-another.I was fearing that the pink in this would make me look tired, but it makes me look bright and alive. I'm sure this would go with many, many different colors, but today I am wearing it with MAC's "Woodwinked" in the crease and "Ricepaper" to highlight. So beautiful and effortless, plus creasing is minimal to none.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite cream eye shadow because it makes my brown eyes some how brighter, it lasts all day on my lids (I have oily lids), the color is buildable,and the product lasts forever (I had mine for 2 yrs). Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Such a pretty colour. Normally, I am afraid of pinks, but this is lovely. Such a wearable colour and it goes on so smoothly. It does last, however, without primer this does crease. I wear it alone or with any kind of browns.It makes my hazel brown/green eyes sparkle.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Jillian8981

i can't understand how this product gets such good ratings. it goes on greasy and it stays greasy. i have a similar-style cream eye shadow from estee lauder that works much much better, although maybe the colors aren't as nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

They had me at hello. This was the first color I bought - it is a very pretty shade that goes well with my brown eyes and I think would go well with almost all eye colors - just a beautiful pinky shimmer to the eyelid that goes on easily and lasts all day. I have been playing around more with creme eyeshadows, both the Laura Mercier's and the Aqua creme's from MUFE and I just love how easy and gorgeous they are. I just apply them all over the lid and up to and past the crease, blending them out - then put a little under my lower lashes with a stronger, similarly colored pencil and some mascara and I am good to go! A nice change for days I don't want to blend and smoke out my eyes in any way. I blame Sarah Eldridge for this and my new creme blush craze. Her make up videos have made me sure I can use these creme products. I am such an addict.