July 26, 2014 | 1689 users online

Powders - BeneFit Cosmetics - Kitten Goes to New York

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2005 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Maria25

Yes...i bought this for the package...Silly me...It is a really fun shimmer-glitter to use for a night out on the town. The packaging is cute, I wish it wasn't cardboard though. Mine got a little wet and the whole thing was pretty much shot. Oh well.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2004 6:33:00 AM More reviews by littlebabyneko

I bought this mainly for the cute box and basically that is all it is for me. A gorgeous box with a puff that has a little glitter. I have only used it 4 times and already there is only a small amount of glitter coming off the puff. This really signaled my end of purchasing BeneFit products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2003 9:33:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this for myself as a birthday present 2 years ago, and although it is completely overpriced, I think it's adorable. The container is cute (wish it wasn't cardboard though), the scent is nice, and the pink-copper glitter is "just right". I have had no problems getting the powder out of the puff. The glitter lasts a reasonable amount of time, but I've found I can keep it around even longer if I "poof" it on just before my lotion dries (it seems to 'catch' it and hold it). I don't use it often, but it makes me feel totally girly when I do, and for that I rate it highly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2003 8:03:00 PM More reviews by handoodo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love it love it love it! Sexy subtle shimmer - looks great on body or hair, tiny glitter particles that refract light without looking too obvious. Lovely scent too.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2003 1:05:00 PM More reviews by TiCklshGiRL

I had read so much about these Powders in magazines, and was curious about the hype behind it. So I decided to purchase one, I bought 'Kitten Goes To New York'. It's a copperish glitter. The box is very pretty, the black puff is cute. It shows up nicely, but by the end of the day, I see nothing. I do like the product, but hardly ever use it. I bought it probably 8 months ago, and have used it maybe 3 times. Just something I wouldn't buy agian.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2003 7:41:00 AM More reviews by violet978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Firstly, i hate anything packaged in cardboard but I had to try these. I have this both in Paris and New York. Paris is a lilac shimmer which is gorgeous, new york is a pink copper shimmer, also very gorgeous but does not show very well on darker skin tones. I did not detect a strong odour (which is good because it cannot compete with your perfume)...the puff is cute, true. But for what this is, the price (i think $26USD) is absolutely uncalled for. This is the most overpriced product i own (and that's saying a LOT).
I got them on Ebay for less than half price, thankfully. Also worth a mention, I find it very hard to get the shimmer out of the new york puff. i actually cut mine open (there is a sachet and a sponge inside in case you wondered)
I like the idea of this product, i will look for cheaper alternatives.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2003 9:34:00 PM More reviews by GlitterBitch

I prefer these to Urban Decay shimmer powders because the puff is big and the shimmer only comes off of the puff not outof the box. I also liek the boxes a lot. THe one thing that brings this (and the rest of the Kitten Shimmers) down is the fragrance. It's very light, but the smell just irritates me sometimes because it's kind of musky.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2002 3:32:00 PM More reviews by posteverything

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So cute! The package is adorable, and the glitter is very pretty and subtle. It's true that it's very hard to tell how much is left, and it is expensive, so I probably won't buy it again, but I'm glad I tried it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2002 7:09:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very Cute Novelty item. I bought this since all the proceeds went to the 9/11 relief funds. Very cute and adorable, but not necessarily a Must Have. The glitter seems to fall off almost immediantly after application, but the powder has a very nice smell. Most of the time, I forget I have this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2001 6:07:00 PM More reviews by candy_5

This is as cute as the other Kitten powders. The puff leaves behind a bronzey pink shimmery powder on my skin. Pricey, but worth it. BeneFit has the cutest packaging.