March 2, 2015 | 1678 users online

Styling Products - Kenra - Volume Spray - Super hold finishing spray

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2015 7:02:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I prefer the Kenra Platinum 26 hairspray for strong hold & volume over the helmet head this 25 hairspray gives.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 10:36:00 AM More reviews by juliawilson22

It's the best hairspray I've used. It's not a freezing spray or something super light but for something in the middle of the road, this is it

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2015 6:56:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I'm definitely in the minority here. I initially liked this hairspray because of the hold it gave, nothing will move if you spray this baby on, even lightly. But I think that's the problem, it holds so well that your hair is frozen in place, and even if you try to brush it out, it gets stuck and tangles up with other hair. I hate to say Aquanet but if you want frozen stiff hair, by all means. I think it would be great for prom or an updo, but for regular hair, pass. I want a beautiful touchable hold, where I can pass my fingers through and not get stuck. Does that exist? Who knows, I've got my eye on the TIGI massive shine hairspray, hopefully that will do the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by elmiwalk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was finding that drugstore hairspray was leaving too much buildup, so I've been using salon spray for about a year now. Hairspray is my hair product of choice, maybe it's a remnant of big 80's hair in high school, but it's all I use, I love it, I've tried them all. I went to the salon to get another can of the ISO spray I was using, but they were temporarily out, so they suggested this Kenra one. When I first used it, I thought the smell was overpowering and gross, but it held pretty well. Now, a month later, I love the smell and love the product. My favorite thing to do, it's to lightly spray my hair and scrunch it. Totally 80's, right? But with previous products, my hair still looked crunchy and stringy like after scrunching, but the Kenra spray leaves my hair actually looking like I properly curled it or something. Hard to explain, but I absolutely love it and will continue buying it for that reason. I have very fine hair and this makes it look so much fuller! Thanks Kenra!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by WheatBread

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is "eh". The spray nozzle is constantly clogged and I get hairspray everywhere (and this stuff is STICKY). It has a decent hold but makes my hair look like a helmet if I am wearing it down. It is good if you are going for a full ponytail and want to back comb and get some volume at the roots.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

DUPE ALERT: L'Oréal Boost It High Lift Creation Spray

Great volume, scent, and texture. I am knocking a point off because it's overpriced. $12 would be a reasonable price point.

If I spray this at the roots it creates a tangle, like teasing it. If I spray it after my hair is styled, it sets it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by gracerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite hairspray - I have been using it for years. Sometimes I stray and use another brand, then I wonder why I did as none compare to this. It holds my style very well (long, medium thick, somewhat wavy, with long layers) and is never tacky or sticky. I have no problem combing my hair out with this in it at the end of the day. I get many compliments on how my hair holds its style and I have to give credit to Kenra for this hairspray and the volume mousse (17) that I use. Using both products does not weigh my hair down, make it sticky or tacky, or create too much build up (I use clarifying shampoo probably once a month, sometimes less like whenever I think of it which isn't that often to be honest). I have cans of this all over the place...in my master bathroom, my downstairs bathroom, my tote bag, my office, even one in my vehicle. Many times I can find this in packages with full size shampoo and conditioner and with a little travel size hairspray at Chatters and I buy a couple at a time since I also use Kenra's shampoo and conditioner. It's a great savings! I also often find it in the bonus size, especially the breast cancer version in the pink can, and I stock up when I come across those too. I'll keep using this as long as they keep making it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love Love Love this stuff !!! I have like 5 bottles of drugstore hairspray under my counter and NONE of them perform like the Kenra Volume 25 Hairspray...I will never go back to using the DS hairspray. They just don't compare.

I have thick, course hair and this stuff keeps in in place w/o leaving it crunchy or stiff, BUT yet stiff enough that it's holding (if that makes sense ;) )

I live in NC and the humidity is HORRIBLE!!! and yet my hair looks great with this hairspray. I can't say enough good things about all of Kenra's products. I don't mind paying a little more for this ONE product vs. spending $5-$6 for a ds dupe that doesn't perform...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by velvetgirl

This is a good hairspray and I love the scent but I think it's way to expensive. There are other good hairsprays out there with a much better price tag. I do love the scent though. It makes me feel like I'm going somewhere fancy when I spray it. But I can't justify spending $$$ for it when other hairsprays have pretty scents too.
Sorry Kenra :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by misspenny27

I LOVE YOU KENRA FOR MAKING THIS HAIRSPRAY! Nothing at all negative to say about this. It's about time I find a hairspray that I love, after spending countless $ on products that didn't live up to their hype. THIS ONE DOES! Smells great, holds great, doesn't dull hair, etc. etc. etc.