October 1, 2014 | 1251 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Lipstick -- Volcanic

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by jen5276

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is amazing. I saw Lo Bosworth review it and she has similar coloring to me..and I just loved the color, especially since I don't own anything like it. I have tons of nudes and pinks, but nothing like this. When I tried it on, I fell in love...it really flatters and brightens up your whole face. Since it's a bold color, you might want to tone down the rest of your make up but I would highly recommend this color. The color riche formulas are great too...I have used them since HS and the colors are true and formula is long wearing and creamy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Sam3215

Great lipstick! I just wish it had an SPF ):

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying that I can't find much wrong with most of the lipsticks I have tried from the Colour Riche line. The colors are beautiful and complex, and best of all, they wear like much more expensive lipsticks. As another reviewer noted, they are soft enough to work with and not feel too dry, but they don't slip and slide around either. I can wear most of these without a balm, and that's saying a lot for me.
Volcanic is a bright,reddish orange. It looks beautiful on my lips, and with a simple cat eye, appears like a very sophisticated color. I am surprised that it's a DS lipstick whenever I wear it. I would repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Loreal Color Riche line is the only DS lipstick I will wear (only the creme versions too). I don't want to sound like a spoiled brat, but I'm picky, and whether it's high end or low end, I have high expectations! Orange is a trend right now, one that I have tried a few times with only minimal luck (that means you, Chanel Exotic). Volcanic is a beautiful orange - I don't find it too warm on me, and it's not neon by any means, there aren't any icky brown tones to it, the formula is divine (rich and creamy), the smell is lovely (similar to my all time favorite lipstick, the Guerlain Rouge G), it doesn't dry my lips, the finish is a bit glossy, it's balmy (not sticky). Don't be afraid to try this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this lipstick. Very orangey-coral and highly pigmented. Sometimes I top it with a shimmery, coral gloss to tone it down a bit. Perfect for spring and summer. Goes well with my yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by In2th3night

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because I could not resist the color...as I looked at the shades on the L'oreal display....my eyes kept going to this color! This is definitely a tomato red..or volcanic red/orange....nice smooth cream style lipstick...not glitter/frost....which is what I have been searching for.(I have found that most corally/red/orange lip colors usually have frost/glitter in them , which I cannot stand) I love these types of colors , now that I have medium copper red hair! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted a red orange lipstick but just never had the time to go to my local mall. I was shopping at Longs and I saw this color and I knew I had to pick it up.

This lipstick is moisturizing on my lips (even though I always apply my burts bee chapstick before applying lip products). Has a slight sheen to it so it's not matte. Color comes out red orange (think crayon color) on my lips and it automatically brightened my face. I grab this when I don't feel like wearing any Eyeshadows but i still want color on my face. Def will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by sugarcomatose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got this lipstick and I'm so confused! In some light it looks more orange, and in some it looks more pink. I added three pictures - one taken with a white light bulb, one taken with a flash, and the other taken in (shaded) daylight. However, I do like both the orange and the pink, so I guess it's ok. It's definitely more shiny/glossy than creamy looking, and I didn't have any glossy-ish lipsticks, so it's a nice addition to my collection. It's also not very pigmented; it took a few layers to get the desired look. I haven't bought any L'Oreal Colour Riche lipsticks since high school, so I forgot about the scent. It's kind of strong at first, but it dissipates pretty quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Indigirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color is very similar to Revlon's Kiss Me Coral, so much that I'd say to buy one and not the other, but slightly darker and more red. I like this one better, but it depends on what you're looking for. Also, it looks a bit more shiny and wet-looking on my lips than Kiss Me Coral. It also looks like some red-orange Yves St. Laurent lipstick I tried on in France (don't remember the name, sorry), but obviously a much better bargain!

As others have said, it's an interesting and unusual color. It compliments warm skin tones more than cool ones, so it's not exactly a staple for me, but I've worn it a few times and can pull it off when I'm in the mood for orange (as it's not *too* orange for me thanks to the red tones).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by rzafram

I bought this in BIGIF sale with Peach Fuzz. It is a cool orange on me (I am super pale with very pigmented pink lips -- this was _almost_ opaque enough to cover the pink). I was looking for something to layer under MAC's Utterly Posh Dazzleglass to get a little more color payoff. It didn't work well with Utterly Posh (at least for me), but when I layered it with MAC's Goldyrocks, I found that I got the sort of shimmery orange I had been hoping Utterly Posh would give me. I love it! I probably would not wear this look to work, but I will definitely be wearing this for summer. The formula is fairly wearable, but I will probably put something moisturizing underneath, and maybe look for a complimentary lipliner to up the staying power.