October 22, 2014 | 1842 users online

Treatments - Mavala - Cuticle Remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great cuticle remover, works almost instantly. I usually wash my hands with warm water for 2 minutes to soften the cuticles, then apply Mavala cuticle remover and push back cuticles with orangewood stick. Let it sit on my nails for 2 minutes, wipe it clean with tissue and trim cuticles. Takes only 10 minutes tops and makes my fingers look perfect. I wish this came in a squeeze tube, because it dries fairily quickly and can be difficult to use up to the last drop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

That is the only cuticle remover I have tried, but I am so happy with the results that I never tried out another.
I just brush a small amount on my cuticles, wait a minute (I do not feel anything, though) and then push my cuticles either with the metalic scraper or an orangewood stick. That's it!

Let me just add that I have very persistent cuticles, that end up with a lot of skin to be removed. Using this, after I push them back, my cuticle skin is soft and supple and I can clip it without it tearing. Ladies with such cuticles will understand what I mean.

Overall a very good product, if I may say so without having tried anything else, and I have used it unstopping for the last 3 years.

Regarding the price, it may seem much but in these 3 years I have used 1 bottle and only now did I get a second one. It did not spoil on me or lost it's efficiency, but of course YMMV.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Geniae

I've been using cuticle removers for like 8 to 10 years now because I think it's an essential step for perfectly manicured-looking nails. This is a good one. I actually prefer essence cuticle remover gel because it is as effective and cheaper but it's very difficult to find.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by mrsminniver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Not a bad product overall. Does make removing cuticles easier but I do not use the stick. I find it is too sharp and hurts a bit. So I use a small cotton bud to push back cuticles gently. Cuticles end up supple and nails look way better after my manicure. Only thing to remember is to wash the solution from the nails (instructions in the box say so since it is highly alkaline). Because of this, I only ever use this product once a week when I polish my nails for fear of drying them out too much. Lovely product that is worth its money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 5:22:00 AM More reviews by audreyv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this cuticle remover for about 5 years and I can say it's the best! It's easy and quick to apply and leaves your nails neatly shaped. This is definitely a must-have!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2010 8:34:00 AM More reviews by formerfatty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This removed my cuticles but after using it about 3 times over a few weeks my cuticles were in terrible shape, very hard, dry and snagging, flaking etc. I'm usually a fan of Mavala products but I got such poor results I think maybe I was just very sensitive to the chemicals in this. I've gone back to my old remover and my cuticles are now back to normal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This is a great cuticle remover! I like that it comes in a bottle with an application brush. It works quickly: I brush it on my cuticles, wait 3 minutes, and gently scrape off excess cuticle with my thumbnail. I use it every two or three weeks to keep my cuticles smooth and in good shape.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2007 6:32:00 PM More reviews by belb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one product that has never let me down, and I've used it for over 10 years! Simply brush a thick coating onto your cuticles, wait a minute, use an orange stick to push back the cuticles and wash off. Perfect every time!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2006 4:38:00 PM More reviews by pale_brunette

this is the best cuticle remover i've tried so far! works perfectly,removes all that tiny cuticles that look awful and leaves a neat shape to my nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2005 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Sharifa

This works beautifully! It removes ragged cuticles in a minute and leaves a nice, neat shape to my nails.