September 17, 2014 | 1026 users online

Sunscreen - DERMAdoctor - DERMAdoctor Body Guard Exquisitely Light SPF 30 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by rachelanneb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my holy grail daily SPF. I used to order expensive hard to find sunscreen from France and Japan, but this seriously knocks the socks off the others I have tried. I have acne prone combination skin and this works for me no matter what the weather. Its never broken me out and is not at all oily. It sinks in very quickly and my face looks plumped and tightened (in the good way) after using it in the morning. I'm only my 3rd tube of this good stuff and I pray they never discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by mfrisk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I give this a 5, but for BODY only. I don't love this on my face -- I find it tacky and a little irritating. But I had to give this a 5 for body because it's the only sunscreen I trust, when I'm wearing nice clothes, to not rub off on them. When this stuff dries, it really dries! I literally can't feel it on my skin once it has dried. I use it on my neck if I'm wearing a nice shirt, and on my arms in the summer (then I don't stick to the leather seats in my car!) I think it's kind of overpriced, especially for use on the body, but it does make me wear sunscreen more often, so I guess it's doing its job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is actually a decent sunblock for face and body. Like others have already stated, it's kinda greasy. I think all sunblocks are in my opinion though. It doesn't have any stinky smell and it goes on without leaving a whitish cast. To my surprise it doesn't cause any breakouts. If you do alot of chemical exfoliating this may start to tingle once you actually start to sweat on your face. I rarely sweat but when i use this to go jogging and my forhead starts to sweat i can feel a slight burning..that mixed with the California sun isn't fun. But using this any other time i have no problems. I may just stick with this sunblock for a while..maybe. One thing i really hate is that this makes me look hella shiny with makeup if i don't use some type of mattifying powder before i leave the house. ......Well...that's every other sunblock too so lemme shut up. This stuff is good. Worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I kinda liked this product, it went on smoothly and didn't have a white cast but after hours of wearing it my eyes started to burn from the product seeping into them.. Not cool. That's happened with a couple of different Sunscreens for me. I liked it until it did the burny thing.. Plus it was a little burny going on as well.. I don't have particularly sensitive skin either.. Still searching for HG sunscreen.. sigh

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 2:46:00 AM More reviews by hags101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this entirely for my face so it is worth the price. I have found that it really controls oily skin! When it is applied it has a shiny hue to it that I tone down by dusting one time with my CornSilk colorless translucent loose powder by Sally Hanson. It says that it is spf 30, but I found that it compares more to an spf20 for outdoor pool use. It can be reapplied easily since it comes in a tube and is not greasy. It also does not make my sensitive acnegenic skin breakout!
    For my body I use Coppertone aerosol spray spf 30 (on my kids also). It is waterproof and goes on with a spray.

****EDIT**** Be careful with this stuff if you have sensitive skin and use a Vit. C Serum. I used this yesterday after my serum was dry and this sunscreen burned! I had to wash with soap to get it off.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by biscotte

i tried this sunscreen because i was looking for something light which wouldn't cause breakouts.
    It was ok, but not that great for the price.
    I find Ombrelle liquid spray did just as well for a much better price. Ombrelle was recommended by my dermatologist.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by rosary

This is an okay product. It is greasy. It didn't seem to work well on my face. It worked better on my neck and body.

If you are dry and don't need help in the summer with oil, this would be okay for you. If you are a t-zone producer, and have small problems with acne, this product is not for you.

This stuff also repeatedly gave me small zits on the folds of my arms. It also did not burn unlike other sunscreens.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Mermaid922

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product. In fact, I love it so much I've quit using moisturizers with sunscreen, because none of them (Kinerase, Estee Lauder, etc) can come close to this. The texture truly is great, and is so easy to spread on to the face and it leaves no white cast, which many thicker sunscreens do. I can't do without it. It causes no break outs or irritation at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by ninanoodle

Bought this to use on my face under makeup. I live in HK so needed something oil free and matte to help with the humidity.

I can use this under makeup but it doesn't "vanish" as the blurb suggests. I need to blot it before applying makeup. Also when applying makeup over it, little bits of the sunscreen "roll up" under my fingertips which is a pain.

Apart from that it's an ok sunscreen, but too expensive to use for body.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by kanchii

i'm on my second tube and i love it :)
    perfect for my acne prone oily skin. doesn't really have a matte finish, but it doesnt look greasy and icky on my skin either.