December 18, 2014 | 1031 users online

Foundations - Kevyn Aucoin - Sensual Skin Enhancer in SX01

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by MeSofie

A great light concealer, which makes it possible for someone as pale as me to highlight! (Yay!)

It is very fair with a neutral undertone.

Anyway, I use this to mix in with other concealers, BB-creams, primers, foundations and even a regular moisturizer. It has full coverage, and covers everything.
It is so creamy and easy to blend. Works like a dream.
It is very expensive, but I do not think I would ever could empty one of those.

If you do not have it, get it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by missnjones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this hoping it would be the holy grail of concealers for covering my dark circles, i am very pale and bought it in the sx01 which, true to the description of the swatch, is a neutral tint lightest ivory.
It is very emollient and has excellent coverage, it was a little difficult to get the coverage neat and smooth with my fingers but went on fine with my vincent longo concealer brush, however it just didn't do it for me, it doesnt look cakey but for some reason the effect still looks a little inconsistent- i can't imagine ever using it as a foundation but perhaps when broken down with a moisturiser for very dry skins- i think the Nars radiant creamy concealer is better then this and easier to get a perfect finish, plus you get a lot of the kevyn aucoin for the money, but it isn't as purse friendly

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Color match is very good, but I cold not find a way to apply this that worked. Either cakey and settling in fine lines, or sheer, settling in fine lines. Not a lot of coverage, would not cover undereye circles (just settling in lines). It even collected in very fine lines on my forehead, a new low.
With sheer application, it would look ok from afar.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2006 8:16:00 PM More reviews by convexexile

I think the best way to fake the look of perfect skin is to just use concealor where needed, and top with loose powder. That way your skin's own texture shows through, and if you blend well enough, no one will be able to tell where the makeup leaves off and the skin begins; you won't look like you're faking it.
This product is tricky to use: too much, too thick, looks cakey and heavy. I use a concealor brush, and just touch it to the product, then dab it onto blemishes, dark circles, redness, etc. Let it warm to your skin for a minute, then blend by tapping with your finger gently, until the product melts into your skin, and disappears. Use only the tiniest bit, it blends beautifully, and a little goes a very long way.
The packaging is cute, though not the most hygienic. I use a Qtip to scoop out some product, so neither my fingers or my brush contaminate the container. Overall, this is worth the price. It will last you at least a year, guarantee, because you'll need to use so little of it. Mastering the application takes a little practice, but it's worth it for the fresh, flawless look you'll have.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2006 1:17:00 PM More reviews by claresauntie

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Use a little bit, as instructed, mixed with a touch of moisturizer and this is the world's most perfect foundation/concealer. I get compliments on my skin multiple times a day wearing this. No kidding!

I can get light coverage for good days, heavier for days I need it, and EXCELLENT undereye coverage. I'm PPP and use SX1, FYI.

This doesn't smudge-off the way other foundations and primers do (a pet peeve). NEVER cakey, only streaky with cruddy application technique.

My newest trick? I mix it with a bit of shimmer (I use Smashbox Artificial Light Luminizing Lotion- Luminous Pearl) instead of mositurizer and get a great glow.

Application notes:

~Use a light hand! I wouldn't apply this directly all over the face unless I were going on a stage. :) This is why I mix! I put a tiny bit of Sensual Skin Enhancer in my palm and a small amount of whatever I'm mixing it with next to it. I dab a bit of the Sensual Skin Enhancer under my eyes and on the inside of my eyes along my nose, then mix the stuff in my palm and apply where it's needed on my face.

~Use your fingers to apply, a la Kevyn. You waste less product and get a smoother, more controlled application.

~Work fairly quickly. You have some time, but if you haven't blended well you'll note that the streaks or blotches you've left behind stay put as well as the nicely blended parts do. Hours later you'll still be looking at the same mistakes. Oops!

~I started using a primer recently, and that's when this product really started to excel even more (which I didn't think possible!).

Expense:
I see folks are concerned about the small amount of product for the money. Let me tell you: if you use this properly (meaning: with a light-to-moderate hand) you'll not run out for a long time. Totally worth it!

The website.

continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2004 12:01:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I originally gave this a good review but after using the product for a good while I've discovered some bad things about it. If you sweat at all (I live where it's 110 degrees) then this stuff melts right off your face. It didn't cover as well as I wanted it too either. It accentuated my dry areas. It made me look like I was peeling from a sun burn but without the foundation it was barely noticeable. The color was a great match, too bad it didn't work for me. I sent it back to Neiman Marcus online for store credit.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No