October 23, 2014 | 954 users online

Skincare - Body - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Formula jar

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by reeds2983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Palmer's Cocoa Butter has been a staple in my mother's beauty cabinet since childhood. It's a product that does exactly what it says it'll do.

So it's no wonder why I returned to the product that has never failed me. I use it everywhere and anywhere on my body where I need to blend marks.

This one is greasier and harder in texture; not creamy like the others, but IT WORKS.

I even dab a bit underneath my eyes nightly to lighten, brighten, and blend dark circles and nothing on the market, in my opinion, does this better than Cocoa Butter.

I love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Inuki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Reasonably priced intensive moisturizer for hands, cuticles, feet, elbows and dry patches of skin. The product feels a bit greasy initially but sinks in quickly, compared to other really thick occlusive moisturizers such as Aquaphor or intensive Vaseline rescue cream.

The smell isn't the greatest. To me it smells like cocoa butter mixed with artificial rose water. Thankfully it fades,

Personally, I like that the formula has mineral oil in it because I feel that it locks in moisture much more effectively than cocoa butter does on its own.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by becky39

Much Much prefer the lotion, the cocoa butter in the tub smells "off" it smells flowery not at all like strait cocoa butter like the lotion does, will not repurchase...I'm sticking to the lotion and stick.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

-Price: at $3.88 for a MULTI-PURPOSE product that will last you a really long time, it's definitely a deal. The price is not bad for a 3.5oz jar that contains the world's thickest moisturizer that will never run out!!!

-Packaging: The packaging is very convenient. It's a jar. Plain and simple. If I don't feel like hauling the jar in my messenger bag, I can easily scoop some out and put in a little travel jar, or just take my swivel stick.

-Product: As I mentioned earlier, this product is multi purpose. I kinda laugh when some reviewers call it a lip balm, because it can be used as much more than that, so please, STOP CALLING IT A LIP BALM!!! This product can be used as a good skin moisturizer, INCLUDING YOUR FACE. Cocoa butter does NOT clog ur pores or cause breakouts, that's just a common misconception. It actually evens your skin tone and hydrates your skin, it also helps lock that moisture in. IMO, it's the best moisturizer out there!!!!!

One thing I just discovered, it is an AWESOME primer!!!! I rubbed som on my face and let it sink in, them applied my TM, and noticed how smooth it went on and how good my skin looked. Most primers make my skin all itchy and dirty feeling, this made my skin feel as if I had no make up on at all.

Definitely repurchasing this item as well as the entire Palmer's skin line.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought I might like this just as much or even better as the cocoa butter lotion, but the lotion is still my fave from this line. The body butter isn't bad however, it still really moisturizes rather well but somehow feels less thick than lotion for me funny enough. And the cocoa scent to this has a little something to it that's off-putting for me, I can't quite name what though. This does make my skin feel really soft and supple after using so I am half and half on it, not sure I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be frank, most black families will have a tub of this somewhere in their homes, it's just a standard really! I grew up with the Palmers brand!

This works amazingly after a shower/bath when you are still slightly damp - it really locks in that moisture and helps to improve the skin tone and texture with continued use.

I use this all year round, but it really excels during the winter. My skin remains radiant and soft, despite harsh weather conditions.

I use this all over my body, as well as my face where it has yet to cause any issues for me. I love it.

^.^

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by shamlet16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I started using this last winter after I noticed my hands and body were becoming extremely dry, no matter how much moisturizer i was putting on them. This has been a godsend for me; I've repurchased once and probably will again. The tub packaging is not ideal since it is hard to scoop product out without getting it under your nails, but once i have it on my hands, i rub vigorously and it absorbs within a few minutes. I use this day and night in the winter, and at night year round. Haven't yet tried it on my face, but for hands + body, this stuff can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When it's really cold and my skin is feeling the effects of cold and wind, I use this to remove my makeup including mascara. It liquifies on contact and is easy to massage into my face and neck. I then use a makeup removing wipe to wipe most of it off, then I use a cleanser to wash my face. It removes all my makeup and doesn't cost much. No breakouts, either.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I used this on my arms and legs and it literally sat on my skin. When I put my clothes on, it looked like I had huge grease spots on my jeans and sweater. So it ruined my clothing and never did a thing for my skin...not to mention its a b!$ch to get out of the tub. Never again!!! I dumped the product, soaked the tub in hot, soapy water and will use it to add my DIY moisturizer in.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Tee82

I HATE this product broke out big time thinking vitamin e is good for the skin as my mum swears by this as its so worked wonders for her
If I could give it no lipplies I would