Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula jar

4.3

Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Dimethicone, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carotene.

on 3/24/2015 10:38:00 AM

This is my moisturizer of choice: makes my skin velvety all day and smells like the sweetest chocolate milk. The price is reasonable, the formulation is pretty nice and straight forward without too many chemicals, what more can you ask for? Although it comes as a solid in the jar, it melts at body temperature and I just absolutely love the fragrance it gives off as you massage it in.

on 3/24/2015 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Since I ran out of my last moisturizer, I did some research on the internet to see if I can find anything simpler and better. This product was highly recommended pretty much everywhere, and after seeing the price tag I decided to give it a go and bought it on Amazon.

To someone like me who has incredibly dry, sensitive skin, this was like a gift from heaven. When you rub it in (the texture is very, very thick), your skin is literally moisturized for the day (which has never happened to me before), and on the next day it's still fine.
Especially if you do it after you take a shower - it really locks the moisture in.

One jar will last you a while, and it has a great, clean scent of chocolate. I don't think it's too perfumed: if it was, my skin would be protesting the second I put it on. Sometimes, I rub it onto my hands just for the smell. I can see this definitely becoming a staple in my skin care!

on 11/6/2014 10:14:00 AM

Wow! What a great, easily obtainable, and low cost product that actually performs! This butter is absolute bliss for dry, itchy skin. I love the cocoa butter scent. It is multi-purpose too. I use it immediately after a shower or bath and it soaks into the skin fairly quickly. I use it as a lip balm, facial moisturizer at night on occasion, and on the dry ends of my hair in a pinch. Anywhere on your body that you have dry skin (or hair) it is a wonderful product. For $3 and change for a jar...you just can't beat the price. Plus I love the fact that Palmer's does not test on little critters. If you like a very moisturizing, rich butter it's a must-have.

on 9/23/2014 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Palmer's Cocoa Butter has been a staple in my mother's beauty cabinet since childhood. It's a product that does exactly what it says it'll do.

So it's no wonder why I returned to the product that has never failed me. I use it everywhere and anywhere on my body where I need to blend marks.

This one is greasier and harder in texture; not creamy like the others, but IT WORKS.

I even dab a bit underneath my eyes nightly to lighten, brighten, and blend dark circles and nothing on the market, in my opinion, does this better than Cocoa Butter.

I love this stuff.

on 7/23/2014 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Reasonably priced intensive moisturizer for hands, cuticles, feet, elbows and dry patches of skin. The product feels a bit greasy initially but sinks in quickly, compared to other really thick occlusive moisturizers such as Aquaphor or intensive Vaseline rescue cream.

The smell isn't the greatest. To me it smells like cocoa butter mixed with artificial rose water. Thankfully it fades,

Personally, I like that the formula has mineral oil in it because I feel that it locks in moisture much more effectively than cocoa butter does on its own.

on 4/3/2014 4:52:00 PM

Much Much prefer the lotion, the cocoa butter in the tub smells "off" it smells flowery not at all like strait cocoa butter like the lotion does, will not repurchase...I'm sticking to the lotion and stick.

on 3/31/2014 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

-Price: at $3.88 for a MULTI-PURPOSE product that will last you a really long time, it's definitely a deal. The price is not bad for a 3.5oz jar that contains the world's thickest moisturizer that will never run out!!!

-Packaging: The packaging is very convenient. It's a jar. Plain and simple. If I don't feel like hauling the jar in my messenger bag, I can easily scoop some out and put in a little travel jar, or just take my swivel stick.

-Product: As I mentioned earlier, this product is multi purpose. I kinda laugh when some reviewers call it a lip balm, because it can be used as much more than that, so please, STOP CALLING IT A LIP BALM!!! This product can be used as a good skin moisturizer, INCLUDING YOUR FACE. Cocoa butter does NOT clog ur pores or cause breakouts, that's just a common misconception. It actually evens your skin tone and hydrates your skin, it also helps lock that moisture in. IMO, it's the best moisturizer out there!!!!!

One thing I just discovered, it is an AWESOME primer!!!! I rubbed som on my face and let it sink in, them applied my TM, and noticed how smooth it went on and how good my skin looked. Most primers make my skin all itchy and dirty feeling, this made my skin feel as if I had no make up on at all.

Definitely repurchasing this item as well as the entire Palmer's skin line.

I thought I might like this just as much or even better as the cocoa butter lotion, but the lotion is still my fave from this line. The body butter isn't bad however, it still really moisturizes rather well but somehow feels less thick than lotion for me funny enough. And the cocoa scent to this has a little something to it that's off-putting for me, I can't quite name what though. This does make my skin feel really soft and supple after using so I am half and half on it, not sure I'd repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

To be frank, most black families will have a tub of this somewhere in their homes, it's just a standard really! I grew up with the Palmers brand!

This works amazingly after a shower/bath when you are still slightly damp - it really locks in that moisture and helps to improve the skin tone and texture with continued use.

I use this all year round, but it really excels during the winter. My skin remains radiant and soft, despite harsh weather conditions.

I use this all over my body, as well as my face where it has yet to cause any issues for me. I love it.

^.^

on 12/23/2013 5:02:00 PM

I started using this last winter after I noticed my hands and body were becoming extremely dry, no matter how much moisturizer i was putting on them. This has been a godsend for me; I've repurchased once and probably will again. The tub packaging is not ideal since it is hard to scoop product out without getting it under your nails, but once i have it on my hands, i rub vigorously and it absorbs within a few minutes. I use this day and night in the winter, and at night year round. Haven't yet tried it on my face, but for hands + body, this stuff can't be beat.

Popular Body Skincare Products