Jason Natural Cosmetics Unscented Deodorant

2.0

Not tested on animals

on 9/21/2013 11:21:00 AM

I am very shocked at the negative feedback this deodorant is getting!
I have very sensitive skin, which is part of the reason i try to use organic products as much as possible and this deodorant works well for me. It's got a nice feel, not too sticky and I feel protected against sweat and odour more than I used to when I was using Rexona/Nivea.

on 3/28/2013 5:58:00 PM

Awful awful awful. chose it for a healthier alternative to the normal drugstore brands. and it was not worth it. I normally would wear deodorant about once a week; i dont have issues with sweating or smell. (apparently, its because im asian. haha.)

But i thought i should have an aluminum free version on hand for when i would like to wear it, and this brand was a mistake.

Pros:
soothing
goes on clear
no scent whatsoever
no aluminum or derivatives of aluminum

Cons:
really sticky, makes your underarms feel wet
make me smell really bad when i did sweat
a little expensive for a standard sized stick deodorant

on 11/24/2012 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It may be gentle but it's not effective and it's much more expensive than the regular ones

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I tend to get underarm bumps when I shave, even though I exfoliate, so I was trying to find something soothing and natural.

This wasn't it. It made my armpits STING like mad! It was so strange. Then the next day, my armpit skin was peeling. Like, what?

Yeah, I won't repurchase this. Just because something is "natural" doesn't mean it's gentle for sensitive skin.

on 8/16/2009 4:11:00 PM

I have never been very sweaty, active or had an odor problem so I thought that I could switch to a non aluminum deodorant with no problems. Well, it goes on great and I have sensitive skin so it works for that. I don't feel any wetness so that is good. However, after a few hours, if you really inhale hard, I do smell albeit very very slightly. So I wouldnt buy this again. I would still like to find a non aluminum deodorant if possible.

on 7/3/2009 8:06:00 AM

While this was gentle enough on my skin (as opposed to the Aloe stick by Jason that I tried), this did nothing whatsoever against odor. It made me smell horrible halfway through the day, although it did work quite well against pit stains. I am reluctant to try the stick with tea tree because of my sensitive skin, I hope that the roll-on deodorants work a little better, I think I'll try the aloe.
Also, this deodorant gave all my tops ridiculous amounts of white stains.

on 5/18/2009 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I completely understand why this has such a low rating because it doesn't work. While I do agree that it does seem to control wetness a little, I smell like a medieval dung salesman after a few hours, which is way more embarrassing than sweat stains. It does absolutely zero for odor protection and I wore this on days when I was not particularly active. Had I worn it to the gym, they would have had to send out guys in Hazmat suits to clear the place out. I don't consider myself an abnormally sweaty/smelly person. In fact, I don't use deodorant at all in the fall and winter unless I'm working out. I usually use a deodorant crystal which works great for odor, but not so much for wetness. I gave this a try since it would be easier to carry around and get through airport security than a salt rock. Maybe it depends on your body chemistry or something, but I don't think anyone should try this unless they know for certain that they can return it for a refund.

on 3/16/2008 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have to agree with the previous reviewer - I'm surprised at all the negative reviews. Perhaps the product got reformulated as all the negative reviews are from 2005 or earlier. This one is listed as "Frgrance Free Deodorant Stick." Anyway, thus far, I've found it to be a good natural deodorant. Although not an anti-perspirant, it does seem to control wetness somewhat. It also does not lead to my armpits feeling sticky (there's some sort of build-up thing that happens with anti-perspirants where my pits start feeling sticky, even after washing). It controls odor just fine - I haven't had any complaints! I live in the South, so once summer hits I may have to go back to an anti-perspirant, but for the other seasons, this stuff works well.

on 9/13/2007 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow, I'm surprised at the negatives on this product. It works very well for me. It is truly unscented and actually makes my underarms feel dry, even though I only expected it to mask my smell. One or two swipes is enough... if you apply too much, it feels greasy. It hasn't broke me out at all.

I think this product is best for people who don't sweat very much. I generally don't, but needed something for the hot weather. You could probably find less expensive natural deodorants that work just as well though.

on 8/10/2005 1:17:00 AM

This is a HORRIBLE product. Stay FAR away from it! It feels awful to apply, it doesn't glide onto your skin like every other deogerant, and it doesn't help neutralize any odor. A completely pointless product!

Top Rated Jason Natural Cosmetics Products