April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser (all skin types)

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by xLIESx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I wanted something simple to remove my makeup. This stuff is complete crap IMO. It doesn't remove a single spec of makeup on its own. I use it with a buff puff because I didn't want to waste it. If I go over my face a couple times with a buff puff after massaging the cleanser in it removes my makeup, but it is the buff puff doing the work and not the cleanser. The only good things about this cleanser are that it is cheap and it does make my face soft. I definitely won't be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by sneal985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Broke me out SO bad. Probably because the second ingredient listed is mineral oil. It's nothing but oil and somehow all that oil only manages to smear your makeup around, not remove it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This did nothing at all for removing my makeup. It was like I was rubbing a thick lotion around my face and rinsed it off only to see my makeup still on, just a lot more greasy. I honestly believe that the water from rinsing it off is the only reason my makeup looked a little out of place. If you're looking for a good makeup remover, THIS IS NOT IT. Complete waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by chicagogirl1416

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Horrible. Didn't remove my makeup at all, it just pushed it around my face. It was terribly greasy and left a thick film all over. Would NEVER repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by keylimeyum

Can't live without this product. As a make-up remover, the trick is to use it with a cotton pad. It leaves skin soft. I don't use it as a facial cleanser, except that I guess it's cleaning my face while removing the makeup. I follow with a quick swipe of hydrogen peroxide as my toner. Then lotion.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by fabfelicia

This completely takes off my makeup without a lot of scrubbing involved. Unfortunately, the texture irritates me. It's something between a cream and a mousse... closer to a cream.... and after I take my makeup off with this I feel like I need to wash my face again.

This product works, but it's probably not the best option out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a Godsend. If there is ANY skincare product Ive bought year after year after year, this one is it. If this little gem isnt standing in every cabinet of every girl in a budget or that is trying to save money, then those girls seriously are missing out.
I've used this cleanser for at least 6 years. Of all the cleansers I've tried from the drugstore -and I think I've tried them all-, scratch that, of ANY cleanser Ive tried, this one has been the gentlest while still being effective. I use this to tissue off my face makeup before washing my face coupled with Neutrogena's eye makeup remover. It removes my makeup as good as when I used to wash it off with body lotions that had mineral oil as the main cleansing agent but without breaking me out or drying out my skin. Doesnt smell like anything its also cheap, and the packaging is great: I love tubes. The most important thing for me is not upsetting my skin's acid mantel, so this cleanser is right there at the top of my list because of its gentleness and price. Close it Id put Cetaphil and next to that oil cleansers that have emulsifiers in them, and perhaps the Oil cleansing method next (The gentleness depends on the cloth you use, and the only reason I stopped the OCM was the roughness of my cleansing cloth). This coupled with Neutrogenas eye MU remover and alba botanica cleansing milk is an awesome,gentle & affordable makeup removing routine. Im very pleased. WIll keep rebuying until it gets dicontinued, and I hope that never happens.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by bellawoozel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I gave this stuff 2 lippies because I found that it did remove my makeup very well, but unfortunately it breaks me out after every use. It even made my eye lids dry and flaky and I use a very rich eye cream! I have combination/dehydrated skin and I find that it tolerates trying different products really well. I rarely get break-outs. But, I noticed that after every time I washed my face, my face felt like it had a film on it and it felt very clogged. My normally smooth skin now feels rough and unclean. After trying to like this for a couple weeks I looked to the ingredients to see what was causing my breakouts and the second ingredient is Mineral Oil, which I knew was the culprit immediately. I think that if Mineral Oil does not break out your skin, then this cleanser would be a great one for you, but if not definitely avoid it! I really like St.Ives and one of their products is HG status for me. I also love the fact that their policy has completely changed within the last few years and they are now cruelty-free and paraben-free. But, this makeup remover definitely was not for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by photographsNwhite08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in another swap a week or two ago. I used it one time because it did nothing to take off my makeup. I agree with another reviewer whenever they said that it left them with smudges on their faces rather than it taking any of makeup completely off of their face. The texture is nice, lotion like, but it feels a little oily on my skin. Not so much that I want to throw it across the room, but it's too oily for my already, sometimes, oily skin. I will not be buying this again, but I wouldn't tell anyone else not to. Maybe it will work for them, but it did nothing for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by gryph

I ran out of makeup remover and this was the only option at the store. I paid about $7 US for it but since I am in the Caribbean right now and everything is marked up I have no idea what the actual cost is. Still, that's a good price for the amount of product. The ingredients are pretty much the same as Pond's cold cream (what I usually use) with the addition of some camomile fragrance. The consistency is a little thinner that Pond's as well.

This did a fantastic job of removing makeup! If you have any mascara left behind, it is because you did not wipe it all up because this stuff definitely removes it. I wipe my face with a damp wash cloth to remove and follow up with some which hazel to get any remaining residue off. You need to gently wipe down your lashes and under your lash line to wash off all the mascara and eye liner. This product can sting if you get it in your eyes, it must be the fragrance.

Overall I really like it, and prefer the tube instead of dipping my fingers into a tub of Pond's. I think this will be my new makeup remover!