April 18, 2014 | 1851 users online

Eye Shadow - Sephora - All-Over Color in "Lilac" (341A)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2004 2:16:00 PM More reviews by dior_duchess

Like many people, I had my apprehensions about the Sephora line. The packaging is totally dull and you would assume the colors to be cookie-cutter and low-quality for such low prices. Well, I couldn't have been further from the truth!

Packaging --> Okay, so it's not as attractive as Too Faced or Lola. So it's not as chic as Nars or Smashbox. It's forgiveable. It's a clear pot that gives you tons of shadow, no frills and no pretension. It does it's job.

Price --> $9 for a large eyeshadow that's high quality and a totally flattering color? I'm there. Sephora's prices are, in a word, reasonable. NOBODY should be complaining about this. The only cheaper alternative are Cover Girl or Maybelline shadows, which don't even show up on my skin.

Color --> The color is a pale purple, no shimmer or glitter, no surprises. What you see is *exactly* what you get, which is possibly why I'm so intrigued by the Sephora line. I appreciate subtlety and simplicity when it comes to eyeshadow.

Consistency --> The texture is *awesome*. It's smooth, pretty, and *never* "travels", which is my second-biggest make-up pet peeve. Someone stated that the consistency of these shadows remind them of Prestige's, which I agree with. You get plenty of pigment and they are long-lasting.

How could it be that the *ideal* eye shadows were right under my nose the entire time? I always ignored Sephora's stuff, but now I'm definitely a believer. The best part is that this is cheap enough for people who don't like spending tons of money on make-up, but high-end enough for those who do. It's a win-win situation. Do yourself a favor and look at these next time you visit Sephora-- you'll be pleasantly surprised! continued >>