April 24, 2014 | 1924 users online

Treatments - Artistry - Skin refinishing lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by nancycho2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is definitely not for sensitive skin! I used to use this when I had healthy normal skin and it was great but when I used too many exfoliators including this one...it made my skin hypersensitive and now I breakout At any sign of slight exfoliating action. Beware of exfoliating products.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jessgia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product has some great reviews but it was not for me. I have dry, sensitive, acne prone skin so I tread with care when purchasing anything new. Usually the reviews on here lead me in the right direction, but this was not one of those times.

It is lightly scented and very light feeling. The perfume alone may make it questionable for sensitive skin. It is also not terribly moisturizing, so not for those who are looking for a little more hydration. A few days into it I developed a few deep painful pimples that I am still dealing with the aftermath of.

This was definitely not something I will use again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVEEEEE!!! HG (never had an HG worthy product till this one)This stuff is amazing! It's a serum but acts like a primer and it has made my acne prone/combo skin look flawless! It has tightened my pores and reduced my t-zone shine my a tremendous amount! Please try this stuff you won't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by deepsid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! thank u ladies!!!! i just had to write a review.wonderful product,guys loot the bank,forget groceries or go hungry for a week,BUT JUST BUY THIS SWEETHEARTS. you will thank me for the rest of ur lives.this just smoothes ur face like a dream.lovingg it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Beladahmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i have oily skin which is acne prone so you can guess how hard it is to find a lightweight moisturizer. i tried this out and it was LOVE. my pores shrunk, i didnt break out, it kept my skin matte and super soft all day long, and best of all, my skin was looking its best while i used this! it also smells just heavenly and feels like velvet as you apply it. i just wish it wasnt so expensive!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by FruiitSalad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have oily skin, you need this lotion!! I have super oily skin (needs blotting within an hour of washing) and this lotion is the best mattifier I've found. It makes my skin soo smooth like velvet. I apply this after my moisturizer & before my foundation, and it works great to keep makeup from sliding off or oxidizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Jayjaybean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing. Amazing! I don't know what was wrong with my other exfoliants, but they were clearly doing it wrong. This stuff makes my face sooooo smooth. Like velvet. It's very hard not to touch my face after I use it. You're supposed to use it twice a day, but that's a little too harsh for me so I use it a few times a week. I'll be hooked forever on this stuff. It's a little on the pricy side, but well worth it.

You need to remember that this is an exfoliator. Not a moisturizer! From the desciption on th website:

"This daily exfoliator uses a unique combination of sugar derivatives and algae in addition to oat proteins, scientifically tested for their smoothing benefits. Specially formulated to improve skinís smoothness and texture, reduce the appearance of fine lines and pore size, experience firmer-looking and feeling skin."

So just keep that in mind, you should still moisturize when you use this. Also, twice daily might be a little harsh, especially those with sensitive skin. Exfoliating everyday strips skin of its natural moisturizers. So if twice a day is too much for you, try every other day.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Bebefl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. After using the polishing scrub, I put this on and it makes my skin feel buttery smooth. I also use this is morning as a primer, and it does help my makeup stay put. Sometimes the product can be overwhelming with those with sensitive skin and eyes, but used a couple times a week this product is absolutely amazing for me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Be weary if you have sensitive skin and wanna try this serum. I have read and read positive review after review and I do not recall anyone react badly to this product, certain dryness yes, but no bad reaction.
Being sucessfull with artistry range of skin care for over a year (pure white range), I have confidence that their product is gentle. I don't venture too much when it comes to skin care since I have very sensitive and acne prone skin.

So...eventhough I get good results with white pure essence serum, I want more :). Thought this is the product to at least lessen my acne scars and giant pores. Upon purchasing it, I immediately using it twice daily, as instructed. And to my suprise, just within 4-5 days, my skin is becoming dry, sensitive, itchy and several cystic acne started to surfaced. I didn't know this serum is the cause of it so I keep using it for another week and hello cystic acne wars on my face! At the time, my skin is looking really bad : dry itchy skin combined with cystic acne - I look haggard and old :(. Eventually I switched back to pure white essence and Thanks God, within less than a week my face has ' calmed down' , no new cystic acne and the previous ones have significantly reduced.

I think my skin is so sensitive that it can not tolerate 2 times daily of 'exfoliants' like this. Now I stock back my trusted white pure essence and only use this once in a week - so be wary if you have sensitive skin like mine, don't overdo it - as for me, once I finish this bottle, I will likely not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 5:58:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this lotion for a over a week now and Im pretty impress with the benefits I saw for just a short while. My skin tends to break-out most of the time, probably due to my hormonal imbalance, which left pimple scars. But after using this for twice a day after a week, the scars just lightened believe it or not and my skin texture really became refined and matte all throughout the day. Im glad I found this!