October 21, 2014 | 1946 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Pro Longwear Loyal

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by katiamavra

Love,love,love this one.! Very unique, natural shade of lipstick. Its muted mauve-brown color doesn't wear off quickly. Perfect for people with olive or medium complexion (it looks a bit dark on someone with very fair skin).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

I love this formula! More flexible than drugstore ones. Pity this shade is just a bit too dark/brown on me. My lips are naturally pretty pigmented and mauvey so Loyal on top looks a wee '90s. NC30-35. I probably need something a bit brighter but this is the most natural shade they have so far. I bought my lipcolor two years ago and have used it on and off. It's still fine. Just wish there were better creme color selections available!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

I like the color and it stayed well. But maybe its because I don't know how to apply it well but all the times I've tried it will look okay for a couple of hours but it always ends up cracking and look really gross later. I had to throw my tube away.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by raincloudchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my staple lip color. I am very pale with honey blonde hair and brown eyes. It is not too showy and just right for everything from a date to a pta meeting. The trick to using this product is this:

1. Apply it in a thin layer, you will have to dip into the tube at least 2 times to apply with enough color.
2. Let the color dry for 20-30 seconds.
3. Apply gloss, but do not blot for another 30 seconds.
It should stay on for about 5 hours, if it starts to get dry just add gloss or remove and re apply. If you put your lips together too fast it will clump up. P.S. The lustre longwears crust up fast so I use plain gloss with those colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet! Loyal is a staple for me, I wear it every day, it is the perfect neutral color for my fair/light/olive complexion. MAC longwears are the BEST, they have great texture and last longer than any other brand I've tried. The only beef I have is with the packaging, it is impossible to get all the top coat out, so you end up wasting a bunch and having to buy replacements (which is the idea, I'm sure). But I really couldn't live without this lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by karinenunes

It really stays on for a loooooong time. I've tried leaving it on at night, after going out wearing it (including eating, drinking and smoking) just to check, and even after brushing my teeth before bed etc, the next morning I could still see it! Sure, it was not perfectly put, but it was there! It can be very drying, so the clear gloss that comes with it is very helpful. Few touch-ups with the clear gloss throught out the day , makes me confident my lips have a natural and nice colour on them. I like the shade "loyal" very much. Very natural

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by TheSweetLife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm just going to reveiw the color of Loyal Pro Longwear b/c today is my first day using it and I need a few days to rate everything else :)

The color is not exactly what I thought it was going to be; I have pale NW20 skin, green eyes and blonde hair. I got it on Ebay but really would have gotten a different color if I had seen it in person first. It is not a YLBB shade for me, its too orangey for that on my shading. I agree with the reviewer below who described it as a light terra-cotta shade and I think it would look much better on someone with maybe a darker skin tone. A nice nude shade for me would have a bit more pink in it. I do like it layered under a pink gloss so I will certainly use it up but would choose a diff shade next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2006 11:07:00 PM More reviews by mspb

This is one of 3 Pro Longwear colors that I use. I use one as a sort-of lipliner and the other two (not together) as the lipstick. I like that you have a bit of time to get this on right and that it easily mixes with the other colors. It stays on ALL day until it's removed with makeup remover wipes. The tip allows a decent amount of control. I have stopped using all other lipsticks/stains by all other companies. My advice: if you pick a color that's too dark/too light/too pink/too red - just use another color to tone down or pick up the first color. Use the darker as the lipliner and the lighter to fill in the lips and to blend the colors together. The 3 Pro Longwear pens that I have are my favorite items in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by ktmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So far, this has been my favorite shade of all of these lipsticks where you apply in two steps and it lasts long. However, this is not my "ideal" shade, which I am still in search of. What I do not like about this is that it is a little too brown, whereas I am looking for a more neutral shade. I have dark pink lips and light skin.

This product actually stays on pretty well, without as much chippage as some of the other products. My clinique of this type chipped more.

I've had a problem with the packaging however, where the gloss applicator lid gets stuck and separates from the outer plastic package, and can leak and get a little messy.

The Mac Gloss also tastes and smells slightly funny when you put it on, but the smell goes away after it dries.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2006 6:45:00 AM More reviews by zibra73

LOVE this lipcolor!!! I have three other Pro longwear lipcolors, but this is one of my favorites. MAC has a very good selection of colors and this is definitely one of them! This color, like the other colors I have wear beautifully even when the gloss wears off. I was looking for a kind of nude color and this one works for me!! I will definitely buy again!!!