April 24, 2014 | 1804 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - 50/50 Balanced Remoisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Snosand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Since I really have nothing nice to say about this product I'm just going to put the same review as I did for the shampoo. Except I'd like to add that this gave me very little slip. You need slip if you blow dry because it prevents breakage.

I wanted to love this conditioner. It seemed ideal. I was already having issues from a chemical treatment months ago. To scalp has always been really oily and the rest of my hair normal but this treatment to make my hair straight just made things worse. Protein treatments really did not help. I know my hair pretty well and I've done lots of terrible things to it over the years and been able to recover but this was a treatment applied to virgin hair. For some reason it did the opposite and made my hair frizz, become dry and break. I had tried lots of products and thought this would be the one.
It just made things worse. With each use my hair got drier and even started to sort of stick together. My hair would tangle badly and in small knots.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

This is just an ok conditioner. Left my hair soft, light, and shiny but very tangled. No sure if I can use it every day because I need my cones but will for sure keep it in rotation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by eclair9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

At first, I used this to CO-wash (conditioner only). It worked well! It lathers quite easily on my scalp and after gently scrubbing, my roots felt clean and moisturized. However, I could only use this about 3x a week, then I needed to properly clarify. For this reason, I quit CO-washing.

I still have a little bit left. TJ Maxx sells a 33.5oz pump bottle -- it lasts for months! I'm using this on my length only and it feels wonderful. Light, but enough moisture for my dry ends. Only four lippies because it fails to provide enough slip to detangle.

This and Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Conditioner are great for my hair... Although the latter is better on my scalp than my length.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

I don't know what hair likes about this but it just drinks this up. My hair dries soft and looks healthy and shiny. I think I might have to consider getting this in the gallon sizes as I already have gone through three bottles in nine months. It is very light in consistency and yet it has good emollients. It doesn't weigh my hair down or make my scalp area greasy. I wish it had a better smell but it's tolerable. update 1/5/13 still loving this! I always keep this in rotation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked this up because...honestly I can't tell you why. Just one of those "girly" urges I suppose...but I'm glad I did! This conditioner is surprisingly super moisturizing and made the comb glide through my hair after another conditioner I put in it had made it clump together. It's thick and rich, but at the same time light. It's a good quality product. I should've known that since I use the leave-in all the time, but whatever. Works for fine hair as well as coarse.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by fizzyskittlez

Although I would buy this again, the conditioner is thick and it feels like I'm spreading a paste all over my hair. It smells nice and leaves my hair perfectly moisturized, but the texture and thickness is very odd. I will keep using it again, though, I love what it does for my hair. Smooth, soft, shiny hair. Who doesn't want that?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

This is a decent conditioner for my fine thin hair, it doesn't weigh it down too much yet provides a good amount of moisture and keeps my hair pretty smooth. While I think the shampoo version of this is awesome, I think this condition is just good, nothing too special. I like to rotate my shampoos and conditioner so I will probably keep this in my rotation and repurchase (though the big bottles from marshals at 13$ last a long time). The pump packaging of the bigger bottles is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by taylerjean

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is currently my holy grail conditioner (along with the matching shampoo.) It is very moisturizing like the product promises, but you have to be extra careful when rinsing it out. The first time I used this product, I rinsed my hair as I would with any other conditioner. Later that night I went to straighten my hair, and it was weighed down and oily. This turned me off from the product but I decided to give it another chance. I rinsed more thoroughly the second time and had no problems. This is why I docked a lippie. I also don't like the packaging because it is made of hard plastic making it difficult to get the product out when you're running low. As for the scent; there barely is one. To me it has a fresh, clean lemon scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by snwbordface

This conditioner did nothing for my fine, thin, wavy hair. Although it did not weigh it down, it did not moisturize at all. Wavy hair is dryer at the ends because oils take longer to travel down the hair shaft and i needed moisture. I was not fond of the smell either.

I would not recommend or repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by snake_hips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I buy this at Marshall's in the large pump size for $12.99, so it's a GREAT value. This conditioner is wonderful for hair like mine that is dry on the ends and oily at the roots. It has no silicone to build up on my hair and the matching SLS-free shampoo is a good complement to it. If I feel I need more moisture, I mix some in a deep moisture recipe I got from the long hair community (snowymoon's moisture treatment, google this, it's AMAZING) and it works wonderfully. A really nice product that makes my thirsty hair soft and shiny, but not heavy and lanky.