July 28, 2014 | 1071 users online

Scrubs - Bath and Body Works - Pure Simplicity Almond Nurturing Facial Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by getsinyoureyes

A good super gentle scrub for dehydrated skin. I like that this is gentle enough to use everyday. The chopped almonds are great for exfoliation while the almond oils help keep dry flaky skin away. An overall good product for dry skin, but I don't think this is worth the full $18 price tag though.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by marion10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at the BBW clearance sale, so I probably won't be able to get it again. I think I paid $4.00. This winter has been really drying on my skin and this has been the perfect scrub. I use it about 3 times a week and my face is smooth and feels great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Ello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the pure Simplicity line for awhile now, and I love all the products I have tried so far. My only complaint with this product is the smell! YUCK! The results are worth the fragrance, BUT it smells nothing like almond, I can't describe the smell exactly, but it is awful! As for the scrub itself, it exfoliates without leaving my skin irritated, Its the perfect weight for winter skin dryness. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a more natural approach to better skin. I am sad that B&BW is no longer carrying this line! I gave it a 4 because of the smell, not the performance! :o)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2005 2:42:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells absolutely delicious, like biscotti. It is creamy and not at all harsh. It did not upset my dry, sensitive skin. However, I find that it is not effective enough as a scrub; the particles are too small and too few. Despite feeling gentle and soft (and the wonderful smell) it is a useless step. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2005 1:41:00 AM More reviews by diorgrl8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great scrub even if you dont have dry skin. It's a lot gentler than most scrubs for oiler skins but still exfoliates well. Smells fantastic too...In my opinion, just as good as other scrubs twice its price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2005 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Eric9510

This is a nice face scrub. Not harsh at all. It's creamy, and does not foam like the pomegrante scrub. The scent to me is overy sweet and just gross.The only reason I would not re-purchase is because of the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2005 3:09:00 PM More reviews by MostAdorable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Has my oily skin finally met its match? Well, for now it has. I use the almond scrub once or twice a week to exfoliate, and I must admit that it does a wonderful job. I follow up with the Pure Simplicity oat cleanser, and my face is so soft, it feels like butter. It's so weird that the Almond scrub (which is for dry skin), actually works better than some products that are supposedly specially made for oily skin. I started off using the tomato scrub, and although I liked it, it seemed to be a little too grainy and I started seeing irritation when I used that, and I didn't have that problem with the almond scrub. Now, I'm not 100% sure how happy I will be with this when the warmer months come in, considering I started using this in the winter. So, I'll have to update everyone on that when the humid temps start up. But, for now, I really like it and can see a difference in the texture of my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2004 3:29:00 PM More reviews by horn2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this scrub--especially the smell of it. Like warm oatmeal cookies. The scrub itself worked well--it's more gentle than the tomato scrub. The base is a little more moisturizing than I like, but since I typically use a cleanser after I scrub anyway, it isn't a big deal. This felt very soothing and wonderful. I didn't find it as exfoliating as the Estee Lauder or the LM (which have very small particles).Sometimes those scrubs can be a bit too much for my skin. I will probably alternate between this scrub and whichever of those I happen to have on hand.