September 20, 2014 | 1601 users online

Fragrances - Bond No.9 - Little Italy

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by ixxy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has absolutely no lasting power. The citrus notes disappears within maybe 5-10 minutes and the base notes last maybe 20 minutes more. Considering how much this costs, it is completely unacceptable. This was my first bond and it will be the last.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATED UPDATE: I'm knocking off another lippie, because I tried another bottle of tester at another mall. These batches must vary, because at one mall I got sweet candy orange, which I liked. At another mall I got light orange followed by that cilantro smell everyone talks about. Seriously, the orange smell lasts less than 5 minutes, then just cilantro. It reminds me of when I met a really hot guy and thought it was love at first sight, but every time I was around him I disliked him more and more...soooo disappointing.

UPDATE: I'm knocking off 2 lippies and returning my bottle-this has absolutely no staying power what-so-ever. I'm talking 5-10 minutes and then NOTHING.

It's a shame, because their fragrances (I also like Madison Square Park, Chelsea Flowers, Sag Harbor, and a couple of others) are so nice-but the ones I like (lighter and/or more citrusy) are gone in 10 minutes.

Littlle Italy is my favorite perfume smell EVER, but the price is too high to spray it on every 10 minutes (more like 5!)

They are WAY too expensive not to last!

Original post: I was at Nordstrom and was trying different fragrances, and Little Italy was the only one that stood out that I HAD to have.

It's not complex or sophisticated, and it smells like orange candy-just very simple orange, but nice.

I think I'm going to buy the Bon Bon box, because I like so many of the Bond No. 9 fragrances. They seem to have more straightforward fragrances with less off-putting odors that other fragrances have. (No to Bon Bon box-I only like 3 out of 18)

They are expensive, to me.

They don't last very long, but sometimes this is a good thing if, like me, you tend to get annoyed and headachy if you smell a fragrance for too long.

It just smells so good! Not perfumey, and not overly/sickly sweet IMO.

If you know someone who likes citrus fragrance, this would be a nice gift. They make a candle, too, which I might get.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by rosymel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A friend of mine got a bon bon box of Bond No. 9 for Christmas and was nice enough to give me three of them: Little Italy, Chinatown and Central Park. At the time, I liked Chinatown the best. Little Italy came a distant second. But I think the problem was, it's meant to be a hot-weather scent.

We're experiencing a heat wave at the moment and I thought Little Italy's citrus might be a nice, neutral, blandly summery scent so I tried it again for the first time since the winter. It turned out to be absolutely perfect! It's not quite as bland as I originally thought, and it turns into something quite nice after the top notes fade away. You have to be very close to smell it, and there is nothing overpowering about it at all, but that's what I want in a hot weather perfume.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by sillage

Sometimes the scent of orange is what I'm craving, and Little Italy gets the job done. When it's summery and warm outside, wearing Little Italy is like drinking a tall cool orange soda (Sunkist?), with ice cubes tinkling in the glass --- ahhhh, so crisp, refreshing, sweet, delicious, and uplifting! Is there any more cheerful scent than orange?

Little Italy is quite literally "delicious". It works best on sunny days with temps in the 80's & 90's. It's a happy scent, a clean scent, a freedom-loving scent.

As it dries down though, there is a cilantro (green, herbal) scent that comes into play -- which, reading reviews, does seem to bother some people -- it doesn't bother me. No citrus can retain its initial topnotes forever -- this one blends orange with a little green herbal undernotes upon drydown.

I have read that Little Italy is frequently used to layer with other Bonds -- such as New Haarlem. I might try layering it with some of my light fresh ones this summer -- maybe High Line or Astor Place or Union Square -- just to see what happens.

But I'll probably mostly wear Little Italy by itself -- I think it's quite delicious in warm weather.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

No lasting power, a very simple tangerine/tangello/orange citrus scent. Not very complicated, very cut and dry. Lasting power is truly a let down. What a bummer. :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

Might as well just carry a cut tangerine around with me--it'd last longer if I wanted to smell just like a tangerine. Don't get me wrong, I love the scent of citrus, but this is basically just (wonderful, realistic) tangerine for about around a half hour, then it disappears into just about nothing on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by QueenRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As always, I just love Bond no.9. I remember, a few years ago, I was looking for my perfect orange/mandarin scent. I love gourmand fragrances, and I wanted my orange/mandarin to smell yummi, deliscious and real. I've smelled so many different orange note perfumes from so many brands, it started to be a little frustratingthat I couldn't find my HG orange/mandarin scent. For example: Hermes D'Orange Vert, described by many as a true, gorgeous orange scent, for me was way too harsh, way too sharp on the green notes. It didn't smell deliscious at all! Trish McEvoy Mandarin & Ginger Lily smelled like a delicate fruity-floral. Nothing more, nothing less, just a pleasent, crowd-pleasing fruity floral. I could be listing a lot more, that dissapointed me... but let's get back to the point of this review... Little Italy!

It opens with a fresh, yummi orange/mandarin note. It smells deliscious, a bit tart, but never too harsh, a tiny bit sweet, just enough to make my mouth water. I can definitely smell a deliscious orange.mandarin sorbet in it. In it's base it has a very subtle, creamy note that adds the perfect touch to the whole scent. I absolutely adore it. It is just perfect, just done right. Orange notes seems to be so common in citrus fragrances, yet so many perfumers just can't get it right and be accurate on it. It's so easy to mess up an orange scent! So until I tried Little Italy I started to wonder if it's even possible to create a deliscious, real orange fragrance? Now I know, yes it is! Just Bond no.9 does it best. I love it, love it and absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by dial800whocares

This is hands down the most delicious, realistic, orange/tangerine fragrance I have ever smelled in my entire life! It opens with the brightest citrus scent that smells literally good enough to eat.

I really wish this fragrance stayed more like the top notes because like the previous poster stated, it is that good and I am always glad no one is around when I cannot stop sniffing my wrist lolol.

If I had one complaint it would be that the lasting power could be better and I wish the fragrance had a bit better sillage. But, other then that this perfume is amazingggggggggggggggg and I highly reccomend it to anyone looking for the perfect citrus fragrance!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

When wet on skin, Little Italy has the liveliest, friendliest, the most realistic tangerine smell - and on me, only tangerine smell- ever. It is joy in a bottle if you have a sweet tooth and prefer tangerines to other citrus. If I had a bathtub of it, I would just get in the bath, dwell in it and never come out; it is that lovely. However, the moment it dries, it ends up being my fairytale tangerine and fades fast into any pale yellow citrus on me. It lasts for hours on my skin with moderate sillage; however, it is neither striking nor extraordinarily pleasant. Alien Sunessence Saphir Soleil has a similar drydown on me with more kick.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ParkAvenue

Little Italy... oh what a beautiful fragrance! It literally takes my breath away, every time I smell my wrist. I love mandarine/orange scents, but this is the most beautiful one of them all! It starts out as a very aromatic, juicy mandarine orange and it's. Then it ttransforms into an orange gelato, or I could say like an orange shervet. It has that creamy note to it, that just makes this scent soooo yummi. This is a gorgeous fragrance, I'm almost ready to drink it out of my Bond no.9 bottle!