September 20, 2014 | 1776 users online

Fragrances - Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - Old Kyoto

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Cristy_amk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a sample. LOL guess I'm the only one who liked this! Body chemistry maybe? The dry down is lovely but I do wish it lasted longer. Course I really don't mind reapplying.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2006 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Mirabai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didn't make me gag, but neither did it conjure visions of this reputedly beautiful city. I smell a thankfully toned-down anise, a plastic-y cherry, and a gossamer-light floral. Maybe there's a touch of pepper. Seems to fade fast, with the plastic cherry lingering the longest. As with so many BPALs this doesn't seem like a personal scent- it's a concept, a creation, a concoction of scents, but not a perfume.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2006 12:33:00 PM More reviews by trinidoodlebug

Cherry air freshener for your car. The cardboard cut-out of cherries type that you hang from your rear-view mirror. yuck...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2006 3:15:00 PM More reviews by LadyWilde

Anise, anise, anise and a teeny-tiny whisper of cherry blossom. After an hour or so the anise mellows considerably and the cherry blossom becomes a bit more prominent, and the two together make for an intriguing juxtaposition of light, clean, airy floral and rich, warm spice. I haven't decided yet whether the unique and pleasant drydown is worth the initial hour of overwhelming licorice-ness.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2006 8:25:00 PM More reviews by nancybridget02091979

Ok...cherry coughdrops with some cream on top. Too sour candy-like for my tastes, but I bet my niece would eat it up.

Mellows a bit in the dry down, but it's still overwhelming.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2005 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Scarlettfish

This smelt like cough medicine in the vial, which wasn't exactly pleasant. The cough medicine scent stuck around until it dried down, at which point it became a light cherry blossom scent. Really sweet. However, that only lasted about half an hour on me and now it is almost completely gone. Not horrible and pleasant at points, but not something I'd get again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2004 10:48:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Light scent of twisted cherry and a touch of anise. I liked this MUCH more than Kabuki (cherry, anise, red musk) but not as nice as its modern incarnation: Neo-Tokyo!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2004 2:48:00 AM More reviews by webvira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

"A gentle, soothing blend of cherry blossom, white sandalwood and star anise."
I really disliked this one. I think it's the anise. This was an extra sample that BPAL sent w/ my order so I certainly can't complain! A lot of people really like it..give it a try :) continued >>