July 30, 2014 | 2166 users online

Top/Base Coats - Paula's Choice - Longevity Base & Top Coat

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by KMaryT

Paula is reducing her inventory and going back to her basics of really good skin care products.
So I bought this for $3.98 on her clearance page and absolutely love it, so much that I just went back and bought more before it's all gone. It really makes your pedicure last for weeks, especially if you use as both a base and top coat. I have not had any real drying problems, maybe because I've fallen for her nail polish too and use them together. I usually do my pedicure on a Sunday evening around 8:00, by 11:00 bed time the toe nails are dry.
Manicures usually last a solid week, 2 if I remember to do touch ups and re-apply top coat evry few days. I do alot of keyboarding at work and I always seem to be cleaning something at home so a manicure that lasts a week+ is great for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Plus: knowing that it doesn't have all the harmful ingrediants.
Minus: takes forever to dry.
Lasting power is about the same as most other products I've used. Will come back to this till I find a better one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2007 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Jeynie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The reviewer above me mentioned that this product is slow to dry, what she (one assumes) didn't expand on is that 8 hours isn't long enough to set this product completely. I've used it several times and I'll give credit where credit is due: it does keep the polish from fading and chipping better than any top coat I've ever tried. However, the following tale should be taken as cautionary. I got my nails done at 5:00 p.m. At 10-ish I nodded off reading a book and woke up 20 minutes later with every nail riddled with sheet marks. At 1 a.m. I accidently wacked one nail with another nail and made a huge gouge all the way down to the bare nail. Since I was already irriated at having my manicure ruined, I decided to poke at them more to further test the product. Pressing down made a giant finger print and I made a cheerie stick Christmas tree on my thumb using my index finger.

Perhaps the key is to slap a quick drying top coat or spray over this, because if that works then keeping the product around for its long-wearing nature would be a good thing. Though, in that case you'd lose the benefit of having non drying chemicals in your top/bottom coat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 7:44:00 AM More reviews by bobsy

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have lots of weird allergies and it turns out I can't wear many nail products due to the formaldehyde and toluene. I turned to the PC products with some hesitation, as I've hated many of her cosmetic offerings. This stuff's a winner for me though, so it just goes to show, it pays to be open-minded sometimes. :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2005 9:53:00 AM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was just recently told that my toenails are dried out and I should use products without formaldehyde and toluene and PC fits the bill.

Thie price is right and as a top coat it really makes your pedicure last longer.

Another great PC product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2004 1:43:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

This is the one of the best base coat/top coats I've used, if not the best. The one downside is that it doesn't dry as fast as some, so if you like a quick dry top coat you may not be happy with how long this takes to dry completely. Aside from that, it does a fantastic job of maintaining my manicures. I've been applying a coat of this every other day since my last manicure and I'm amazed at how nice my nails look two weeks after the fact. The other plus is that Paula's nail products do not contain ingredients like formaldehyde that have wreaked havoc on my nails in the past. I would highly recommend checking this out!