April 21, 2014 | 908 users online

Blush - Cargo - Mendocino

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by quintanabanane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this blush! I have had it for 5 years and haven't come close to hitting pan. There is barely a dent in it! It is so rich and pigmented that I just need a tiny amount. Make sure to tap off your brush! And it is a very natural flush. I think it's kind of a deep rose colour with a gold undertone. There is a slight shimmer to this but it doesn't look glittery at all. When applied it gives a beautiful flush that lights up my face. The packaging is very durable as it comes in a cute tin. Very easy too use. Lasts all day. Very good value for money because you use such a small amount to get great results! I said I would not repurchase only because I won't need to. Lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by nickitraylor

I love this blush. Love. It. There's a TON of product in here, I've used this for a long time (like, well over a year? everyday!) and just now thinking about buying another one just in case...as a backup....

I'm very fair, brown eyes, reddish brown hair, and it is a rosy glow. The gold doesn't show up a lot on me. It's just a pretty flush color, that lasts a long time! It's my favorite blush ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by JustEnufEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this blush, great for fall and winter. cool tone blush, super blendable and brightening on the skin. Price is worth it for 13 grams of product, this will last you forever :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

Mendocino is a beautiful reddish-berry color that really gives off a natural-looking flush that is great for fall/winter. I used this to give someone various stages of an angry-face flush for a videotaped skit and it looked natural both in person and on camera. There is a subtle golden sheen to this that really becomes apparent when this is applied heavy-handed. There is a lot of product in this (8.9g), which is one reason I felt more comfortable using this for the skit rather than my precious NARS Outlaw (4.8g - discontinued) or MAC Merrily (3.5g - limited edition).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by hallsa

I really enjoy this blush. It looks fabulous on my NC 20 skin. I like to pair this with a smokey eye for a look that is beautiful. It is more expensive than a drug store product but you get what you pay for. There is a lot of product and its very high pigment. I don't really care for the packaging, the metal lid is loose and has a tendency to fall off at times. I don't know if it is just my product or if it cargo blushes in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by cvalencia817

I love this shade it's perfect for my skin color and I love the amount of shimmer it has! Not too much but just enough to sparkle! +)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by mstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually don't like Mendocino. I'm dark-skinned AA, and this blush doesn't have enough pigment for the raspberry color to show up on my cheeks. All I get is intense gold shimmer...that's it. Mendocino is basically a highlighter on me.

For women of my skin tone (Armani LSF #11~Becca Cognac~BB Warm Walnut), I recommend Cargo's Sonoma blush, which is the same color as Mendocino, minus the gold shimmer. Sonoma is HTF, but it's been one of my staples for years, and is my go-to color for rosy cheeks. Rock & Republic Seduce is another good option...it's highly pigmented, and the shimmer is an iridescent pink, so I get a nice pink tone on my cheeks instead of ending up with gold overload.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Cargo's packaging. I love the texture and their blush doesn't seem to crumble or flake or break off like alot of blushes do (even high end ones) in the container.

They are a bit more expensive than MAC (around $28) but I will gladly pay the price. I never used to wear blush (goth chick here) but I do realize that blush and highlighter or countour powder can sculpt the face so I've startying trying to incorporate them into my routine.

This is a golden raspberry shade that can be built up without making you look like Bozo the clown. It is shimmery, but not too much glitter that you look like a 12 year old playing in your big sisters makeup.
On my NC20 skin, a few stokes gives me a light, warm raspberry glow. This may not be a very unique shade, but I do like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I hemmed and hawed about buying this for years. Based on the reviews I wasn't sure it would work for me. I have fair-ish skin and am not a fan of having glittery cheeks.

I finally went for it when Sephora was selling out their Cargo stock and it was half-price.

While I *do* have to use a light hand when applying this, I don't find it to be too dark or bright nor particularly shimmery. On me, it's a deep rose that adds a nice pop to the cheeks. Very pretty though not particularly "unusual" - I've had a lot of blushes that look similar over the years.

EDIT: As much as I want to like this blush, it pulls orange on me. I was hoping for a raspberry flush, but it's more of a dusty warm rose. Which is fine, I guess, just not what I'm looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by kdimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this blush is amazing. its a darkish plummy shimmery color. its beautiful. it comes off as a subtle sheen on your face, no glittery mess. it really livens up my face. i think its more for a night out look rather than for day time because of the dark color and sheen finish. love the packaging too.