October 1, 2014 | 1840 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Artificial Light Luminizing Lotion in Prism

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Mrquin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It certainly provides an artificial glow as it declares in the name. I agree with some people that it can be quite intense for the daytime. However, you can make the product less noticeable by using a very VERY small amount. I prefer other product as a highlighter on my cheekbones, but I love this at the brow/cupids bow.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by looloo127

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff. It goes great with my skin tone. My sister gave this to me to test and as I said I like it. its pretty pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by aaachooo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love love LOVE this stuff! I just got it... got a great deal on it, so that makes it even better. But anyway... I am 41 years old, and altough people usually think that I am in my early 30's, the one thing that I have been after is that "youthful glow". Well look no more! I put this on and it is PERFECT! My mother even took notice, and I see her every day! I went onto the Smashbox website and used their little computer analyzer thingy to see which color I should get, and it worked out great. I am light/cool complexion with brown hair and this matches my skin so wonderfully. You can't tell that I have on makeup, I just look bright and beautiful! I am not using it mixed in with my foundation (because I use stick foundation), but I am using it just to highlight cheekbones, forehead, nose and chin. Yay! Finally!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by fraulinegreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe I should have bought "glow" but this wasn't all that I thought it would be. Maybe for a night out...but during the day it just seems too luminescent. I mix a SMALL dot of this with my foundation and it does seem to make my face glow a tad more, but definitely better for night use, and not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2009 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Ninotchka87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't use this alone. The color is too dark, it's too shimmery, it's just tacky. So I thought I would never use this until I got the idea of mixing it with my fluid concealer. The effect was amazing, it brings so much light and glow to your face without looking fake. Will definitly repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like another reviewer, I thought this might make a great highlighter for the tops of my cheekbones. Maybe I just picked a shade too warm for my skintone, but this came off a bit too obvious and glitzy even with a very light hand. It still works reasonably well for a night out, but for regular wear I prefer a more subtle formula.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 6:00:00 AM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Whilst I quite like this I wouldn't buy this again as I find the bottle slightly too clunky to put in a make up bag and on application ,as others have noted, it really spurts out so you end up with too much product. However, this os a fairly good luminizer as it gives a nice peachy sheen , I don't use it as a highlighter but add it to sunscreen or moisturiser to warm up my complexion in the cooler months. I find this does the trick though I think it is rather too sheeny (better in the evening with moisturiser or foundation ) because so much product comes out and I can't bear to waste it. But I have had compliments on my skin while wearing this. What I really want to try is Stila's Peach version of this which is sadly LE and impossible to track down.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2006 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Missy173

Well I actually recieved this is a sample in my last Sephora purchase. At first I was going to use this as a cheek bone highlighter. So I tried to squeeze a teeny bit out and applied it to my cheekbones. It looked hella garrish! I am not a hooker on the Vegas strip. And this stuff goes a long long way. So I tried to think of somewhere else I could apply it....And tried it as an eyeshadow. Bingo! I love it on my eyes. I'm not sure if you're supposed to where it near your eyes, but I have about 8 times now and have had no problems. I highly recommend this as an eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2005 12:14:00 PM More reviews by diablina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product was a happy surprise. I was given some very generous samples by the Smashbox MA. Prism and Glow are beautiful! Like the other reviewer, I also mix these two for a highlight on my NC35 skin. This is very shimmery, so you need the tiniest amount! I could be biased, since I am a known lover of all things peach, but I think this is a perfect highlighter! I dot a tiny bit just on the apples for a peachy-golden glow. It's a bit much for me in the daytime, but very pretty over any peach or pink blush. The cost is pretty high, I wish they made this in a different packaging. I noticed from the testers that they use to "spurt" out. Definetely worth sampling, buy it if you have loads of $$$ to burn! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2004 6:12:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I have owned all the previous Luminizing Lotions and like them alot so when Prism came out, I purchased it immediately. Part of the Spring 2004 collection this retailed for $28. Its a very shimmery peachy pink. Very irridiscent. I find it to be like a mix of the pink artificial luminizing lotion and the bronze (glow) with a hint of the gold. This one has less scent than the other ones too. Very shimmery and it really made my pores look larger and irritated my skin. Better as a dab on the cheekbones but be careful since this tends to squirt everywhere. I didnt like this one for me and prefer Diffuse (white one). This is very peach with pink irridscence and golden shimmer.