April 24, 2014 | 1854 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just finished my second bottle of this and let me tell you, I absolutely love it! It's not drying but it's also not oily. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and glowing. It takes ALL makeup off (grated, I don't wear waterproof so I can't testify to that) and it's a lovely nighttime treat I now incorporate into my routine. I need to head back to MAC and get my 3rd bottle! It has never broken me out, on the contrary using this instead of makeup removing wipes has aided the decrease of acne.

How I use it:
2 pumps in dry hands and a small splash of water. I work this into my face for a few seconds, in circular patterns especially my eye and neck area. I rinse off with warm water and pat try. Fantastic product!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Helga92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I REALLY want to like this but I don't. It cleanses my makeup really well and it smells nice but it makes me break out so badly and it happened right after I had used it maybe 2 or 3 times. I don't have sensitive skin and products don't usually break me out and this has never happened with any other mac products. I feel so bummed because I can't use it and I even had read so many positive reviews on this here and was so excited to try this. I guess I will have to give this away to a friend or maybe just use it once in a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by LarissaQ

The best makeup cleanser i've ever tried.
You don't need to put an effort in order to remove the makeup, even for the mascara.
When they tried to sell me an oil based cleaser, i almost laughed, is there anyone crazy enough to put oil at your own face?
But luckly i decided to try and that was everything i had to do to find something that would help me with the hardest mascara to clean.
I have a Dior Diorshow mascara...
I only get to clean it with this, no other can do it, it always stays on my lashes, no matter what.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by jinxjjx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't remember ever writing a review before (maybe once a looong time ago), but I had to after I tried this product. REALLY amazing at taking off makeup. I don't wear too much make up in general, but the cleansers I've used in the past never took off my makeup and in particular, my mascara, as well as I would like. I never wear water-proof mascara either. I would have to massage, use more cleanser, massage some more, etc. I felt like I was going to give myself wrinkles around my eyes! Just fyi, I've used Neutrogena eye make up remover lotion, Neutrogena wipes, ponds cold cream, and various other ones, all from the drug store.

This is the first oil cleanser I've tried and I'm in love. I just used two pumps for my whole face, and everything was off, including the mascara. So. Little. Effort. There was a black semicircle underneath my eyes where all the mascara came off. That pretty much disappeared with the oil when I rinsed with water. I was shocked. After I washed my face with my normal cleanser, there was not a trace of makeup or mascara on my face. Will definitely be using this from now on. Despite it being more expensive, the product actually works, and i'm willing to spend money for that. In fact, I may have spent more overall on a small arsenal of other cleansers that only get the job done halfway, and I probably use more product with these these other cleansers too since I feel I have to repeat the cleansing process multiple times to get the makeup off.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by 100nanna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this product so badly! Before buying it i read loads of reviews who all absolutely loved it so i was sure i would too. And yes it is good as removing makeup, BUT it made me break out so much! I don't know why my skin just couldn't handle this product, i've never had my skin breaking out like that before and i would definitely not describe my skin as sensitive. I'm 99 % sure that it was this product that broke me out, as the break-outs came after i had used this a couple of times and went away again almost instantly after i stopped using it. I did really like using it though and it removed my makeup really well. So bummed out about it, but my skin definitely did not like it!

One lipstick for the price because i paid 35 $ to only use it three times.

Packaging is really nice! I love that you can lock the pump!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Woah this stuff is AMAZING for removing stubborn make up. I use wipes to remove my every day make up but if I have applied a full on face then I always reach for this to remove it all. It even removes waterproof mascara and that's saying something. It doesn't break me out and I love the pump dispenser. I also like the smell of the oil. Not too greasy like DHC cleansing oil, I've dripped some on my clothes before and it comes out in a regular wash. Its quite pricey though so I wouldn't use it everyday because of that reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by maileymc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product does what it's supposed to do: remove your makeup. I typically wear medium to full coverage foundation on a daily basis and I would say that about 98% of your makeup is gone after using this. The price is about 36$ CAD, which isn't so bad for the amount you're getting. I'm only half way through the bottle and I've been using this daily since October. Also, I have acne prone skin and this does not break me out, so that's a plus. However, I, someone who also has oily skin, finds this product extremely drying. Therefore, I would not repurchase this again after I'm done with the bottle. If you're planning on buying this, make sure to add moisture back to your skin with a serum and moisturizer. It's a must.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A very good oil cleanser for removing makeup. I normally don't use MAC skincare of any sort, but this doesn't really count. I love oil cleansers and had always heard good things about this, so I said, why not? I usually use an oil cleanser to get my makeup off, then follow up with a cream cleanser, so that's what I did with this, too. It is a bit runny, more so than any other oil cleanser I've tried, but I don't mind. It smells like kind of like cookies to me, or ginger bread, maybe? It's not offensive and doesn't stay on your skin, though, so not really a concern. It does an excellent job of taking sunscreen and makeup off, but does not rinse squeaky clean. I never trusted that my face was clean of the oil even after it emulsified, so I always cleansed with something else a second time. I would say that this is only good for removing stubborn makeup, but not for cleaning out pores or treating your skin in any way. If that's what you're looking for, then great. I, however, will be going back to my trusty ADE Creamy Cleanser that cleans off makeup, cleans out my pores (I double cleanse with it) and is cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by kala89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Only thing that can get my Candy Yum Yum off my lips! I love CYY but it stains my lips for two days without the cleanse off oil! I've tried other make up removers and the cleanse off oil is the only thing that can melt it away, as well as my other matte lipsticks. But CYY is definitely the hardest to get off. If the oil can get rid if that it can dissolve anything!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am very impressed with this product. I don't know why, but any time I have heard about an oil based "cleansing" product my mind always assumes it's bad, greasy, pimples, clogged pores etc. One of my girl friends asked me how I removed my make up at night because we both wear the same long wearing foundation and I told her I used make up wipes and washed my face every other day. She swears by this because it gets all that long wearing make up completely out of your pores (that stuff is stubborn!). I ventured into MAC to grab some of my essential items and I asked about this cleansing oil. The SA told me that this does NOT clog your pores, only mineral oil does. I was sold! Well, I've been using this every night and I am highly impressed. I first use a MAC make up wipe, and that never ever gets all of my foundation/make up off. I usually end up using 2 or 3 but instead I put some of this on a cotton pad and it took care of the left over foundation. It really removed EVERYTHING, of course there was a tiny trace left over (I don't think you're going to get ALL of the make up out of your pores unless you wash your face afterwards). My skin did feel greasy, but I put some Witch Hazel toner on it and wiped my face and it felt great! Not greasy at all. This stuff is my new secret weapon. I have also noticed that not only do I save make up wipes since using this cleansing oil but I also have less pimples because it cleans my skin better. Yay!