September 19, 2014 | 1251 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard good things about cleansing oils. I tried the Garnier cleanse off oil before i spent the money on the MAC oill. It has a strong gingerbread cookie smell, got my makeup off pretty well. BROKE ME OUT LIKE MAD. Three uses of this oil sent my skin into a tailspin. I dont consider myself acne prone or sensitive, but there is something about some MAC products my skin just dose not like. Im sticking to Ponds Cold Cream to get my makeup off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

I would buy this again but it wouldn't be my first choice. I prefer DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil and also Origins' Clean Energy.
That said, MAC's Cleanse Off Oil does a really good job of removing all traces of makeup, oil, and face-gunk. Removes it thoroughly and rinses cleanly without drying out my skin. There's no cleansing like oil cleansing. Once you try it there really is no going back.
My only complaint about this product is that it makes my eyes so blurry afterward, more so than other oil cleansers that I've tried. Goes away after a while but it's so annoying.
Love the packaging though! Probably the best I've seen for this type of product.
Overall, it's a great cleanser and I'd recommend it. Though it's not my very favorite I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by miiyuu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

use it daily to remove makeup. does a fabulous job removing everything in 1 or 2 pumps and add water to my face, after, use a cleansing water to remove the oil off my face. hasn't had any weird side affects, but also don't see anything brilliant happening.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumlipgloss

What am I doing wrong? After reading the reviews on here, I was super excited to go out and get it since I wanted an all-in-one product for the gym, and thank God I decided to give the travel size a try before splurging for the full-size. My main problem with this cleanse off oil is that it does not remove eye make-up on me at all - no matter how I use it (rubbing the oil in well before adding water, after water, both before and after..), I look like a panda and have to use a couple of cotton pads with eye makeup remover to get everything off. Mind you, I rarely wear anything more than mascara and eyeliner, so when I saw reviewers here saying that this product was able to remove even smokey eye makeup, I jumped on it. Since this was as far from my experience as could be, I would not purchase it again nor advise anybody else to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Barbirivera

I tried to stay away from this because where I come from MAC products are very expensive and I was afraid it was OIL (I have normal to combination skin and I get a few pimples quite often). I ended up buying this because of the reviews and I have to say I do not regret the USD40 I had to pay for it (I hope it will last me a loooong time). Two pumps take off ALL my makeup and I'm lucky enough because I can take my eye makeup off without feeling any irritation. A piece of advise though: After using this I always use a cleanser (then the usual toner and moisturizer), just to make sure I don't end up with an oily feeling. I know it's a lot of steps but my skin ends up totally clean and healthy. TRY IT!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i usually use cleansing oil when i get lazy and want to get everything off my face fast......but with this cleansing oil my eyes are cloudy and irritated for 3 days.......i read some reviews and it's probably because of the high content of citris oil which can be very bothersome to skin and eyes.....i mean when you smell this stuffs it already has the citris scent to it........wouldn't recommend this to anyone...........

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just finished my second bottle of this and let me tell you, I absolutely love it! It's not drying but it's also not oily. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and glowing. It takes ALL makeup off (grated, I don't wear waterproof so I can't testify to that) and it's a lovely nighttime treat I now incorporate into my routine. I need to head back to MAC and get my 3rd bottle! It has never broken me out, on the contrary using this instead of makeup removing wipes has aided the decrease of acne.

How I use it:
2 pumps in dry hands and a small splash of water. I work this into my face for a few seconds, in circular patterns especially my eye and neck area. I rinse off with warm water and pat try. Fantastic product!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Helga92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I REALLY want to like this but I don't. It cleanses my makeup really well and it smells nice but it makes me break out so badly and it happened right after I had used it maybe 2 or 3 times. I don't have sensitive skin and products don't usually break me out and this has never happened with any other mac products. I feel so bummed because I can't use it and I even had read so many positive reviews on this here and was so excited to try this. I guess I will have to give this away to a friend or maybe just use it once in a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best makeup cleanser i've ever tried.
You don't need to put an effort in order to remove the makeup, even for the mascara.
When they tried to sell me an oil based cleaser, i almost laughed, is there anyone crazy enough to put oil at your own face?
But luckly i decided to try and that was everything i had to do to find something that would help me with the hardest mascara to clean.
I have a Dior Diorshow mascara...
I only get to clean it with this, no other can do it, it always stays on my lashes, no matter what.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by jinxjjx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't remember ever writing a review before (maybe once a looong time ago), but I had to after I tried this product. REALLY amazing at taking off makeup. I don't wear too much make up in general, but the cleansers I've used in the past never took off my makeup and in particular, my mascara, as well as I would like. I never wear water-proof mascara either. I would have to massage, use more cleanser, massage some more, etc. I felt like I was going to give myself wrinkles around my eyes! Just fyi, I've used Neutrogena eye make up remover lotion, Neutrogena wipes, ponds cold cream, and various other ones, all from the drug store.

This is the first oil cleanser I've tried and I'm in love. I just used two pumps for my whole face, and everything was off, including the mascara. So. Little. Effort. There was a black semicircle underneath my eyes where all the mascara came off. That pretty much disappeared with the oil when I rinsed with water. I was shocked. After I washed my face with my normal cleanser, there was not a trace of makeup or mascara on my face. Will definitely be using this from now on. Despite it being more expensive, the product actually works, and i'm willing to spend money for that. In fact, I may have spent more overall on a small arsenal of other cleansers that only get the job done halfway, and I probably use more product with these these other cleansers too since I feel I have to repeat the cleansing process multiple times to get the makeup off.