MAC Cleanse Off Oil

4.3

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Squalane, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Tocopherol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Water / Aqua / Eau, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limonene

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just finished off a deluxe sample of this oil. I've heard mixed reviews and I never use an oil cleanser. But I am definitely picking up a full size of this when I'm out of my next cleanser. This doesn't sting my eyes at all -- which is a total deal breaker for me with any cleanser/makeup remover. It didn't remove all of my eye make up, but it did take off all my face makeup. I use Simple cleansing micellar water on my face after I cleanse to take off any excess makeup that my cleanser doesn't pick up. Well, with this oil -- I didn't have an residual makeup other than partial eye makeup. Very impressive!

I've been using the MAC cleanse off oil for over 5 years now as part of my double cleanse routine. I've got pretty sensitive and acne prone skin, and I have not experienced any sensitivity or acne as a result of using this product.

I massage 2-3 pumps of the oil onto my face, rub it in gently, then 1-2 pumps for my eyes and rub it in gently. Next, I add water to the oil, and it magically emulsifies and takes all of my makeup with it.

If you wear contact lenses or have sensitive eyes, the oil might seep in when massaging into your eye area. I keep my eyes completely closed during this step, and rinse really well. I usually don't have a problem with this product getting into my eyes.

The only thing I dislike about the product is its packaging. It's impossible to travel with this product and it not to spill. The pump is also finicky on new packages, and I can't always get it open correctly. I usually save the pump from my previous supply to put in my new one.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The bottle leaks, it's expensive as hell, but it's my favorite cleanser evah, and I have combo skin that's MEGA oily in the summer. I originally bought this because the MAC chick told me it was ideal for removing LiquidLast, but I use it to cleanse every night and only need to moisturize lightly on my cheeks in the winter.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I never bothered to try this out until today, when it was staring me in the face and screaming "buy me dry faced woman!" So I did.

All in all I do find this to be a really good cleansing oil. It removed all of my makeup like a champ/with ease (note: I did not use it on my eyes though). It rinsed off easily and left absolutely no residue. My skin was nice and clean afterward. It left my skin feeling moist enough to skip the lotion, making this a great summertime cleanser for those with dry skin like me. No sure what else to say other than this product worked exactly as a oil facial cleanser is supposed to.

I love oil cleansers and I have tried a lot of them - more than 10 and less than 20 I'd say. This is better than most - it beats Origins, Shisheido, and J Maran, IMO. It doesn't hold a candle to more expensive ones like Bobbi Brown's although that's to be expected I figure as they have better ingredients. However, I don't think it's as good as DHC's version, which is abt $10 bux cheaper than Mac's, which is why I won't be re-purchasing this. Another reason I won't buy this again is the fragrance - there is just no need to add something so potentially irritating into a gentle cleanser.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Initially, I really liked this product: the lovely smell, the soft feeling it gave to my face, all of it. I didn't love the price, but that is often the case :) however, when I was on my second bottle, I realized that this was the culprit for my skin behaving badly--the product seems to have irritated the skin and caused more pimples than I normally get. So I really wanted to like this, and did for a while, but I definitely won't be buying this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought a travel size in a kit at the local CCO. This broke me out slightly when used as a facial cleanser. It was helpful in removing hair dye stains, however, as I dye my hair a magenta/red color. I would also use it to remove swatch stains that would not go away willingly otherwise on my hands and arms. Good product, just a bit too much for my oily skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Oh wow, HG product right here... I am so upset that I didn't try this sooner... It seriously removes all traces of makeup and I am loving how gentle it is on my skin. For reference, I have normal to combination skin. I am almost 35 and I am starting to see some fine lines creep up around my eyes, with 3 deeper lines on my forehead. I do not have break-outs and my skin is not acne prone. When I was younger, I didn't take care of my skin properly, but I'm trying to make up for some of the damage now... This oil has made my evening cleansing a whole hell of a lot easier...

I wear a full face of makeup daily to work, and this includes waterproof eyeliner and mascara. In the evening I look forward to massaging this oil onto my face and my eyes to remove the makeup. Once completed, I to use Philosophy's Purity and my Clarisonic (this step really isn't necessary for makeup removal; however, I do it more to help fight the signs of aging.) Then I tone and moisturize and I'm all ready for bed.

Really a wonderful product that I would highly recommend to people with similar skin types. I can't say for those with really oily or really dry skin because I do not have that type of skin; however, if you have normal to combination skin, I think you'll have good luck!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! Three or four squirts and all my makeup is off! And my face actually feels clean for once! Thank you!!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Cleanse Off Oil is my favorite makeup remover. I used to use Clinique's Take The Day Off Balm, but that left a film behind that made my skin look dull. I used the Neutrogena wipes, and they always left makeup on my face (especially long wearing foundation or waterproof mascara). DHC's oil was good, but it broke me out. Cleanse Off Oil removes every trace of makeup -even stubborn waterproof mascara or lip stains- in a flash, without stripping skin or leaving behind a film. It does leave my eyes a bit blurry afterwards, but only for about a minute (and I take my contacts out first). The best part is, no breakouts from this product! I'm on my third bottle.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I had heard good things about cleansing oils. I tried the Garnier cleanse off oil before i spent the money on the MAC oill. It has a strong gingerbread cookie smell, got my makeup off pretty well. BROKE ME OUT LIKE MAD. Three uses of this oil sent my skin into a tailspin. I dont consider myself acne prone or sensitive, but there is something about some MAC products my skin just dose not like. Im sticking to Ponds Cold Cream to get my makeup off.