MAC Cleanse Off Oil

4.3

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Squalane, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Tocopherol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Water / Aqua / Eau, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limonene

on 7/16/2015 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I never bothered to try this out until today, when it was staring me in the face and screaming "buy me dry faced woman!" So I did.

All in all I do find this to be a really good cleansing oil. It removed all of my makeup like a champ/with ease (note: I did not use it on my eyes though). It rinsed off easily and left absolutely no residue. My skin was nice and clean afterward. It left my skin feeling moist enough to skip the lotion, making this a great summertime cleanser for those with dry skin like me. No sure what else to say other than this product worked exactly as a oil facial cleanser is supposed to.

I love oil cleansers and I have tried a lot of them - more than 10 and less than 20 I'd say. This is better than most - it beats Origins, Shisheido, and J Maran, IMO. It doesn't hold a candle to more expensive ones like Bobbi Brown's although that's to be expected I figure as they have better ingredients. However, I don't think it's as good as DHC's version, which is abt $10 bux cheaper than Mac's, which is why I won't be re-purchasing this. Another reason I won't buy this again is the fragrance - there is just no need to add something so potentially irritating into a gentle cleanser.

on 6/28/2015 4:14:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Initially, I really liked this product: the lovely smell, the soft feeling it gave to my face, all of it. I didn't love the price, but that is often the case :) however, when I was on my second bottle, I realized that this was the culprit for my skin behaving badly--the product seems to have irritated the skin and caused more pimples than I normally get. So I really wanted to like this, and did for a while, but I definitely won't be buying this again.

on 6/2/2015 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought a travel size in a kit at the local CCO. This broke me out slightly when used as a facial cleanser. It was helpful in removing hair dye stains, however, as I dye my hair a magenta/red color. I would also use it to remove swatch stains that would not go away willingly otherwise on my hands and arms. Good product, just a bit too much for my oily skin.

on 1/12/2015 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Oh wow, HG product right here... I am so upset that I didn't try this sooner... It seriously removes all traces of makeup and I am loving how gentle it is on my skin. For reference, I have normal to combination skin. I am almost 35 and I am starting to see some fine lines creep up around my eyes, with 3 deeper lines on my forehead. I do not have break-outs and my skin is not acne prone. When I was younger, I didn't take care of my skin properly, but I'm trying to make up for some of the damage now... This oil has made my evening cleansing a whole hell of a lot easier...

I wear a full face of makeup daily to work, and this includes waterproof eyeliner and mascara. In the evening I look forward to massaging this oil onto my face and my eyes to remove the makeup. Once completed, I to use Philosophy's Purity and my Clarisonic (this step really isn't necessary for makeup removal; however, I do it more to help fight the signs of aging.) Then I tone and moisturize and I'm all ready for bed.

Really a wonderful product that I would highly recommend to people with similar skin types. I can't say for those with really oily or really dry skin because I do not have that type of skin; however, if you have normal to combination skin, I think you'll have good luck!

on 1/4/2015 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! Three or four squirts and all my makeup is off! And my face actually feels clean for once! Thank you!!!

on 1/1/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Cleanse Off Oil is my favorite makeup remover. I used to use Clinique's Take The Day Off Balm, but that left a film behind that made my skin look dull. I used the Neutrogena wipes, and they always left makeup on my face (especially long wearing foundation or waterproof mascara). DHC's oil was good, but it broke me out. Cleanse Off Oil removes every trace of makeup -even stubborn waterproof mascara or lip stains- in a flash, without stripping skin or leaving behind a film. It does leave my eyes a bit blurry afterwards, but only for about a minute (and I take my contacts out first). The best part is, no breakouts from this product! I'm on my third bottle.

on 9/4/2014 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I had heard good things about cleansing oils. I tried the Garnier cleanse off oil before i spent the money on the MAC oill. It has a strong gingerbread cookie smell, got my makeup off pretty well. BROKE ME OUT LIKE MAD. Three uses of this oil sent my skin into a tailspin. I dont consider myself acne prone or sensitive, but there is something about some MAC products my skin just dose not like. Im sticking to Ponds Cold Cream to get my makeup off.

on 8/29/2014 11:45:00 PM

I would buy this again but it wouldn't be my first choice. I prefer DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil and also Origins' Clean Energy.
That said, MAC's Cleanse Off Oil does a really good job of removing all traces of makeup, oil, and face-gunk. Removes it thoroughly and rinses cleanly without drying out my skin. There's no cleansing like oil cleansing. Once you try it there really is no going back.
My only complaint about this product is that it makes my eyes so blurry afterward, more so than other oil cleansers that I've tried. Goes away after a while but it's so annoying.
Love the packaging though! Probably the best I've seen for this type of product.
Overall, it's a great cleanser and I'd recommend it. Though it's not my very favorite I'd repurchase.

on 8/19/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

use it daily to remove makeup. does a fabulous job removing everything in 1 or 2 pumps and add water to my face, after, use a cleansing water to remove the oil off my face. hasn't had any weird side affects, but also don't see anything brilliant happening.

What am I doing wrong? After reading the reviews on here, I was super excited to go out and get it since I wanted an all-in-one product for the gym, and thank God I decided to give the travel size a try before splurging for the full-size. My main problem with this cleanse off oil is that it does not remove eye make-up on me at all - no matter how I use it (rubbing the oil in well before adding water, after water, both before and after..), I look like a panda and have to use a couple of cotton pads with eye makeup remover to get everything off. Mind you, I rarely wear anything more than mascara and eyeliner, so when I saw reviewers here saying that this product was able to remove even smokey eye makeup, I jumped on it. Since this was as far from my experience as could be, I would not purchase it again nor advise anybody else to do so.