Merle Norman Luxiva Sheer Defense Tinted Moisturizer

4.2

Octinoxate 7.5%, Titanium Dioxide 5.12%, Non- Medicinal Ingredients :Water (aqua); Dimethicone; Butylene Glycol; Glyceral Stearate SE; Mica (CI 77019); Talc; Glyceryl Dilaurate; Glyceryl Behenate; Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI77491, CI 77492, CI 77499); Ceramide 3; Saccharide Isomerate; Allantoin; Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) fruit extract, Equisetum Arvense Extraxt, Chamommila Recutita (Matricararia) fruit extract, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) fruit extract, Camelia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Lecithin, Petrolatum, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-10 Decaoleate, Polyacrylamide, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Steroyl Stearate, Steareth-20, C13-14 Isoparrafin, Isocetyl Alcohol, Propolyne Glycol, Laureth-7, Silica, Cyclodextrin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, BHT, Diazolidinyl, urea, Fragrance(parfum)

Feels really oily on my skin. Can't really wear in temps above 85. None of the colors work for me either too light or too dark. And you have to wash your face more than twice to get this off. It cost too much. I used this product for about a month and stopped bc it doesn't work right.

on 5/30/2013 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

received this a while ago and I use it every now and then for the days when I don't feel like wearing any makeup I kind of like it but not enough to purchase it again compared to all the other tinted moisturizers out on the market today this is really not a good one the coverage is very very very light the formula is a transparent and thin when it comes out of the package it looks very thick consistency but its not going on to your face the only thing I really like about it is it has SPF 15 in it other than that I wouldn't re purchase

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

very nice tinted moisturizer, but with very limited shade selection. only 4 shades available, and the light is a bit too dark on me (NW15ish). but it feels good and has spf. goes for about $30 here. if they redid this and expanded the shades, i'd definitely repurchase.

on 3/15/2012 9:53:00 AM

My friend uses this and it looks flawless on her skin. I decided to give it a chance. The sales clerk was sweet and helpful and gave me a couple of samples. The first was L-10 and would work for the winter when my skin is paler. The second sample was ML-30 and was slightly darker and better suited for summer. Both were cooler toned/neutral tints and what I am looking for. Neither of the tints worked for me. Even with a light application both had a foundation look and feel to them. In about an hours time, my skin looked cakey and the tint creased into my nasal-labial lines. I couldn't take it and washed it off. For now, I will stick with the SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion SPF50 and apply the M.A.C. StudioCareblend powder over top. Don't like extra steps in my routine, but will have to for now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this everyday as my moisturizer (I have oily skin so this is plenty of moisture for me). Smells clean, evens out skin-tone and doesn't turn orange. My two complaints are that L10 is slightly too dark for me, but since I am a really pale person this is nothing new for me. I just blend over my ears, neck and collarbone. Also, you get a lot less product in the new packaging for the same price.

on 11/3/2011 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love, love, love, love!!!!! My go-to product for my face. I've been trying out a lot of different foundations lately from Dior, to YSL Teint Resist, to MUFE HD, to Smashbox and I always come back to this. I have dry skin, and most foundations dry me out even more no matter how well I moisturize so I love that with this product I never have to refresh my face with a spray or anything. It glides on so smooth, and has the perfect amount of coverage while still allowing my skin to show through. It lasts the entire day without slipping, but it may not if you have oilier skin...however it reapplies just as smoothly I've found. There's a picture in my profile where I'm wearing this in the shade tan if you want to see for yourself (never mind the naked lips in the pic, still had to kiss my man goodbye :x ) I highly recommend this if you're not a big fan of foundation but still want to be polished. Another great Merle Norman product in my opinion!!!

on 10/22/2011 10:52:00 PM

I hate that this costs so much. There, I said it.

And they repackaged it, with less in it, and the price didn't reflect that. Dammit.

However. I wear it every day. I wear it with the MN Mineral Powder over it and I look like I'm wearing nothing, it's a beautiful finish, and I am safe from the relentless California sunshine. I'm 56, regularly mistaken for 40. That's genes (thanks, Mom), living a life with happy choices, and wearing sunscreen since 1982.

MN has some terrific products. Too pricey -- and the sales reps need to update their looks; too much helmet hair and shimmery eye shadow in the daytime -- but I will go there regularly for this foundation combination. It's a great one, for me!

on 7/1/2011 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE LOVE LOVE this TM. This have great coverage ( not like most TM that have minumum coverage ) and lasting powder is amazing as well.
Also skin looks really nice and fresh. I take one lippie off JUST b/c of the low SPF. Can't wear this at AM but love it for PM.I am MAC 15-20 and the color ML30 is PERFECT.,

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a fantastic tinted moisturizer. It gives more coverage than typical T.M. but feels very light on the skin and looks very natural and not made up like foundation. My only complaint is that it is not at all sweatproof for the hot, humid summer months, but overall it is the best tinted moisturizer I have tried from department store to drugstore.

Nice product if you want sheer coverage but yet it covers very well. Nice consitency and smoothes over skin flawlessly. I am using this as my foundation over a moisturizer for the cooler months. I apply using my foundation brush and don't need alot of product. I paid $36 which is about average for your high end foundations but feel it will last me quite a long time. Glad I decided to try it.

Top Rated Merle Norman Products