November 21, 2014 | 1773 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Eye Candy Eye Shadow in "Gumdrop"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 9:39:00 AM More reviews by leenie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my second time around purchasing this eyeshadow. It is definitely a unique color. I would describe the shade as a lavender with a blue base that is quite sheer, but it has sparkles in it. Very feminine and flirtatious. I use eyeliner with it and use it on my lid, and that makes this shade look beautiful and intense. I love a look that is dramatic yet subtle for everyday, and this eyeshadow does that for me. It is great quality too--the color stays on and never creases.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Myfugitive

I have always had a thing for purples/blues for the eyes. I have brown yes, and this is a good splash a color that complements them. "GUMDROP" isn't a "too loud" color that competes with the rest of your makeup, and it has just enough purple in it to not fit into the Cliched blue category.
The packaging is adorable.It is very sweet-looking.
And the price, at $12.50 is reasonable for a brand like Hard Candy.
This is an eyeshadow that I reach for at least 3-4 times a week! Very Pleased!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2007 11:42:00 AM More reviews by cdo0208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a sheer shade of sparkly lilac. It is subtle color alone, but when pared with black eyeliner, it creates a gorgeous, dramatic look. The color lasts for a long time too and doesn't crease. I've already repurchased since I wear it so often and like it so much. This eyeshadow has become a must-have in my collection.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2004 11:51:00 AM More reviews by i_darling

I really like this e/s and will purchase more of these Eye Candy shadows. It's a sheer wash of color that can be built up or kept minimal to suit the occasion. Very subtle shimmer, great packaging, great pigment, lasts and reasonably priced. Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2004 6:48:00 PM More reviews by dior_duchess

I originally went to Sephora to purchase Too Faced eye shadow in "Ice Queen", but found this shade to be a bit more what I was going for. Also, I never pass up an opportunity to try a new product, so I bought this almost without hesitation.

PACKAGING --> Couldn't be cuter or more convenient. Not only is it easy to slip this out of your purse and slide it open, it's also tiny. This is how all eyeshadows should be made!

PRICE --> At $12.50 for a much-sought-after brand, I can't complain. Some people lament about how small the amount is for the price, but this is *still* bigger than Lola eyeshadows, which are $18.00. Hard Candy, I believe, is very reasonably priced.

COLOR --> The color is somewhat difficult to explain. It's a pale blue that some people might call light periwinkle, although I see it as more of a blue shade. Much to my delight, there are no secret dimensions to this shade-- what you see is what you get. However, it *does* have a slight silver tint, nothing blinding. Like all the Eye Candys, it's a very pastel shade that can be worn any day.

CONSISTENCY --> Not as pigmented as, say, Urban Decay, but I found it better than some MAC shadows, which have a tendency to "travel" down the face through the day. There is no glitter in "Gumdrop", thankfully, and the shimmer is very subtle and non-metallic. In short, it's not an eye-catching color, but it's very pretty and girly.

Two thumbs up!! continued >>