Kiehl's Sodium PCA Oil Free Moisturizer

3.2

on 12/7/2014 12:17:00 PM

I've used this moisturizer for over a decade. It lightly moisturizes my sensitive, combination skin without causing outbreaks. Other moisturizers are too heavy, scented, or tend to break me out. In fact, I opted not to go without moisturizer until I found this one.

This week I learned that kiehl's discontinued this product. Does anyone who liked this moisturizer have a recommendation for a replacement?

on 1/4/2014 1:08:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I don't normally use moisturizers, but I got this one as a gift and I've been using it for a few months now. It doesn't make me break out, I love that it's really light and doesn't feel greasy on my face. Sometimes I wear it at night, and sometimes I'll put it on before I put makeup on. Being unscented is a bonus!

on 1/3/2013 7:05:00 PM

Es un NO rotundo. Me arruinó la piel de los pómulos, me la resecó toda, dejándola marchita. Tengo la piel mixta y jamás había tenido estos problemas, tuve que recurrir al hydrationist de Estée Lauder para recuperar la lozanía de mis pómulos.
Un fiasco total

I initially wanted to try the ultra facial cream but after reading the description, I realized it wouldn't suit my combination/oily skin. So I opted for this one.

I didn't think it was moisturizing enough for my skin. But it's not bad. It's just okay :P I am almost done using it... it took forever!!
I would suggest looking for another moisturizer.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I LOVE this moisturizer. I have been on accutane twice and now I am on Retin-A. I have been searching everywhere for a gentle moisturizer that doesn't irritate my skin or make me break out or make my skin feel greasy, or leave it too dry. This is just the right combination. I don't recommend using it around the eye area because it burns! I use cetaphil around the eyes and then this on the rest of my face. I have had no breakouts or irritation with this. I really love it. And I have gone through 2 jars already (1 every 6 months, which isn't bad!) so I know my skin likes it.

on 1/11/2012 12:05:00 AM

I don't get breakouts from anything normally. With this,I broke out after the 1st day using it. Returned it!

on 1/10/2012 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know about the other reviewers here, but I always read the ingredient list first before buying a product. I also come to MUA before using the actual product on my skin. Now, about the product. I was recommended this prodct at Kiehl's because my skin is dehydrated from Accutane. However, since I knew better than to listen to a SA's comments about dry skin and moisturizers, I did my reading. The 5 top ingredients are: water, dimethicone, myristyl alcohol, isopropyl isostearate and stearyl alcohol. We all know that Isopropyl Isostearate is known to be a very clogging ingredient, so immediately my alarm went off. By searching Myristyl Alcohol, I found out that it induces sensitivity problems on sensitive skin (which I have, ever since being on retin-A). So there goes my second alarm. Silicones have never been a friend of mine, and being at the 2nd top of the list, Dimethicone worries me tremendously. I will never put this moisturizer on my sensitive, extremely acne/clog-prone, and dehydrated skin. Now, a product isn't bad for everyone, but I'm just putting this out as a warning for the people that have the same skin conditions as I do. I really hope this helps because I know it's hard to find the right skincare with such difficult skin. Kiehl's' ingredients makes me extremely wary of trying other things from them.

on 6/8/2011 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've got the sample and tried it on. It leaves my skin matte and was quickly absorbed - to my amazement. Throughout the day, my skin becomes bit oily, but don't think it's because of the product. I'm quite worry about the ingredients too - few alcohols and lack of natural ingredients. Haven't got any breakout and didn't get any burn. Even so, I strongly suspect it might be comedogenic.

on 5/19/2011 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I got this in sample size...After I rubbed a little on my face, I can feel the burn. Beware for those with sensitive skin!

on 5/2/2011 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've tried this product as a sample from Kiehl's counter and let me tell you all girls out there to be careful.
I have dry and sensitive skin and normally don't get breakouts easily. After using this product for a week or so, I've start seeing bumps in the cheek area. They weren't pimples but clogged pores. This product if also silicone based which I'm guessing is the reason to my breakouts. Was really not pleased with the product at all and definitely not planning in purchasing it!

Popular Moisturizers