December 19, 2014 | 1561 users online

Gels/Soaps - The Body Shop - Coconut Bath and Shower Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I don't think I have a lot to add to the negative reviews. In summary, I purchased the jumbo size with the pump. I am not happy with this because: 1. It doesn't smell like coconut. It smells like something else that is sweet, artificial and unpleasant; 2. It doesn't really lather; 3. The pump doesn't spring back after use, so it's difficult to get more than one pump out. I'm going to try to use the whole bottle, but it's really large, so I'm not sure I can endure it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by agnessundbom

I bought this for the scent and I am not disappointed. I don't think it does anything special for my skin, but I do smell good all day!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by beckywestside

I was actually devastated after trying this product. I LOVE the coconut range at the body shop, it's one of my favourite scents from them, however the coconut shower cream was dissapointing. It doesn't really smell like coconut, I can't really describe the scent but it was definitely not the fresh, realistic coconut scent of the other products like the body butter and body mist. It was more of a "fake" coconut scent. I didn't like how this product felt, it didn't lather up well and I didn't feel clean or washed after using it. Also it was a mission trying to squeeze the product out of the bottle. I had to take the lid off and let it drop out. Unfortunately I won't be repurchasing this :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent product, but I really only bought it for the smell of it.
This smells like creamy coconut, unlike the synthetic scents that are usually sharp.
The product itself is decently priced if you get it with all the promos that TBS has going on.
Personally I don't like using this as a body wash because even though it seems moisturizing, it doesn't seem to be as effective at lathering which is how i judge a shower gel (and subsequently it's ability to clean).
Very good shaving gel which is how I managed to finish the rest of it.
One thing I don't like is the packaging. I have to squeeze with all my might when it gets about halfway to get some of the shower cream out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There is nothing better to me than a coconut or a pina colada scented product. I am always on the hunt for anything that has coconut in the name. This product is a fail in that area. Yes, it's a great body wash. It cleans my body. It lathers nicely. But this is not the delicious coconut scent I am looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have notoriously sensitive skin. This shower cream doesn't cause my shoulders to break out and moisturizes my dry skin without blocking pores. It's really difficult to get out of the bottle, because the plastic is very stiff. You need to use a fair amount of product. I make at least 6 lines across my loofah. To get it to lather, you need to dunk it under water real quick, or hold it under the shower spray for a second. Otherwise, it will not lather. It gives amazing lather. Sometimes I end up with lather on the ceiling and the walls! It leaves a very faint, but authentic coconut scent to your skin. The scent fades quickly once you get out of the shower. I liked it enough that I bought 3 bottles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I love the scent of this, especially for summer. I like that it's a cream body wash, so it's more moisturizing than their regular body washes. This is nothing special, but it does the job as a body wash that smells good.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by amandadee97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Smells delightful but didn't really lather all that well, which it should, as it does in fact have SLS in it(soap-free my ***). It made my skin relatively soft, for a body wash, but I've used better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this body wash, it's my absolute favorite to use in the summertime. The scent is so tropical and creamy. It lathers and cleans well and leaves a slight creamy coconut scent for a few hours after my shower. The price is a little on the higher side for body wash, but it's from The Body Shop so go figure. The only other downside of the product is the terrible packaging. The bottle is such hard plastic and has barely any give, even when using two hands (which I prefer to use one presuming my loofah would be in the other) it's hard to get the product to come out. I'd still repurchase though despite the bottle because I absolutely adore the scent for the warmer months. In my opinion, this and the Shae butter scent are the best scents from The Body Shop.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm usually a fan of The Body Shop shower gels and coconut scents, but this shower cream was a complete miss for me. I didn't care for the scent at all and I'm not very picky when it comes to coconut scented stuff. I also didn't like that the cream doesn't rinse off very easily when not used with a poof. This product has been relegated to being used as a shave cream. Thankfully, it works fairly well for that purpose. My sister actually gave this to me after trying it and not liking it herself. I think it's safe to say that I will not be buying this after I run out.