The Body Shop Coconut Bath and Shower Cream

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I bought this body wash kind of on a whim and I have been using it daily for about a year straight now. I find that it's very moisturizing-- if I don't use it, I find my skin feels itchy and parched, so I feel like that means it's definitely doing something to help out.

One small complaint is I feel that it could have a more 'realistic' coconut smell. Other reviewers are correct when they say it smells slightly more synthetic than the other coconut products from TBS, but I still like it. I also like mixing it with other Body Shop washes-- a little bit of peach or strawberry and the coconut on the puff smells AMAZING.

Will be buying again.

on 1/26/2015 1:26:00 AM

Doesn't lather. Smells weird.

on 11/24/2014 9:14:00 AM

I don't think I have a lot to add to the negative reviews. In summary, I purchased the jumbo size with the pump. I am not happy with this because: 1. It doesn't smell like coconut. It smells like something else that is sweet, artificial and unpleasant; 2. It doesn't really lather; 3. The pump doesn't spring back after use, so it's difficult to get more than one pump out. I'm going to try to use the whole bottle, but it's really large, so I'm not sure I can endure it.

on 11/17/2014 8:56:00 PM

I bought this for the scent and I am not disappointed. I don't think it does anything special for my skin, but I do smell good all day!

on 10/30/2014 7:44:00 PM

I was actually devastated after trying this product. I LOVE the coconut range at the body shop, it's one of my favourite scents from them, however the coconut shower cream was dissapointing. It doesn't really smell like coconut, I can't really describe the scent but it was definitely not the fresh, realistic coconut scent of the other products like the body butter and body mist. It was more of a "fake" coconut scent. I didn't like how this product felt, it didn't lather up well and I didn't feel clean or washed after using it. Also it was a mission trying to squeeze the product out of the bottle. I had to take the lid off and let it drop out. Unfortunately I won't be repurchasing this :-(

on 2/17/2014 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

This is a decent product, but I really only bought it for the smell of it.
This smells like creamy coconut, unlike the synthetic scents that are usually sharp.
The product itself is decently priced if you get it with all the promos that TBS has going on.
Personally I don't like using this as a body wash because even though it seems moisturizing, it doesn't seem to be as effective at lathering which is how i judge a shower gel (and subsequently it's ability to clean).
Very good shaving gel which is how I managed to finish the rest of it.
One thing I don't like is the packaging. I have to squeeze with all my might when it gets about halfway to get some of the shower cream out.

on 1/16/2014 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

There is nothing better to me than a coconut or a pina colada scented product. I am always on the hunt for anything that has coconut in the name. This product is a fail in that area. Yes, it's a great body wash. It cleans my body. It lathers nicely. But this is not the delicious coconut scent I am looking for.

on 11/17/2013 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have notoriously sensitive skin. This shower cream doesn't cause my shoulders to break out and moisturizes my dry skin without blocking pores. It's really difficult to get out of the bottle, because the plastic is very stiff. You need to use a fair amount of product. I make at least 6 lines across my loofah. To get it to lather, you need to dunk it under water real quick, or hold it under the shower spray for a second. Otherwise, it will not lather. It gives amazing lather. Sometimes I end up with lather on the ceiling and the walls! It leaves a very faint, but authentic coconut scent to your skin. The scent fades quickly once you get out of the shower. I liked it enough that I bought 3 bottles.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love the scent of this, especially for summer. I like that it's a cream body wash, so it's more moisturizing than their regular body washes. This is nothing special, but it does the job as a body wash that smells good.

on 8/7/2013 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Smells delightful but didn't really lather all that well, which it should, as it does in fact have SLS in it(soap-free my ***). It made my skin relatively soft, for a body wash, but I've used better.

Popular Gels/Soaps