April 24, 2014 | 972 users online

Gels/Soaps - The Body Shop - Coconut Bath and Shower Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent product, but I really only bought it for the smell of it.
This smells like creamy coconut, unlike the synthetic scents that are usually sharp.
The product itself is decently priced if you get it with all the promos that TBS has going on.
Personally I don't like using this as a body wash because even though it seems moisturizing, it doesn't seem to be as effective at lathering which is how i judge a shower gel (and subsequently it's ability to clean).
Very good shaving gel which is how I managed to finish the rest of it.
One thing I don't like is the packaging. I have to squeeze with all my might when it gets about halfway to get some of the shower cream out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There is nothing better to me than a coconut or a pina colada scented product. I am always on the hunt for anything that has coconut in the name. This product is a fail in that area. Yes, it's a great body wash. It cleans my body. It lathers nicely. But this is not the delicious coconut scent I am looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have notoriously sensitive skin. This shower cream doesn't cause my shoulders to break out and moisturizes my dry skin without blocking pores. It's really difficult to get out of the bottle, because the plastic is very stiff. You need to use a fair amount of product. I make at least 6 lines across my loofah. To get it to lather, you need to dunk it under water real quick, or hold it under the shower spray for a second. Otherwise, it will not lather. It gives amazing lather. Sometimes I end up with lather on the ceiling and the walls! It leaves a very faint, but authentic coconut scent to your skin. The scent fades quickly once you get out of the shower. I liked it enough that I bought 3 bottles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I love the scent of this, especially for summer. I like that it's a cream body wash, so it's more moisturizing than their regular body washes. This is nothing special, but it does the job as a body wash that smells good.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by amandadee97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Smells delightful but didn't really lather all that well, which it should, as it does in fact have SLS in it(soap-free my ***). It made my skin relatively soft, for a body wash, but I've used better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this body wash, it's my absolute favorite to use in the summertime. The scent is so tropical and creamy. It lathers and cleans well and leaves a slight creamy coconut scent for a few hours after my shower. The price is a little on the higher side for body wash, but it's from The Body Shop so go figure. The only other downside of the product is the terrible packaging. The bottle is such hard plastic and has barely any give, even when using two hands (which I prefer to use one presuming my loofah would be in the other) it's hard to get the product to come out. I'd still repurchase though despite the bottle because I absolutely adore the scent for the warmer months. In my opinion, this and the Shae butter scent are the best scents from The Body Shop.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm usually a fan of The Body Shop shower gels and coconut scents, but this shower cream was a complete miss for me. I didn't care for the scent at all and I'm not very picky when it comes to coconut scented stuff. I also didn't like that the cream doesn't rinse off very easily when not used with a poof. This product has been relegated to being used as a shave cream. Thankfully, it works fairly well for that purpose. My sister actually gave this to me after trying it and not liking it herself. I think it's safe to say that I will not be buying this after I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This scent is heavenly and smells so natural, not chemically at all. It makes me feel like I'm on a tropical island. It works alright, but doesn't have that clean feeling that I like from a shower gel. It's hard to get the product out of the bottle as well. I do like that it's organic.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by ROFLsmacker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the smell, it's like authentic coconut. You can ude this as a shaving cream. But I hate how difficult it is to get out of the bottle! Almost impossible. I have to mix water in. Also, this doesn't lather and is hard to wash off. The price is fair, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by KexetBex

This product is ok. It's not as mousturizing as I'd like it to be, but it does an okay job. I don't really like the smell though.. it smells a bit too artificial for me.