Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils # 3 ( blue)

4.4

on 12/31/2014 2:48:00 PM

smeared all over my face.

on 6/22/2013 5:26:00 PM

I love this. I wear it to work almost it everyday I wear make up. Extreme Blue is very striking and makes my brown eyes richer. I have bad allergies so it brightens my eyes too. Constant compliments. And people just get a kick out of colored mascara.

Oh the color! It is deep, elegant and it is the only aspect of this mascara (well, in addition to the wonderful lashes that it gives) that makes me want to buy it because it is so hard to remove. I mean, my lashes actually cry when I'm taking it off at night but I guess that's what makes it so long-lasting and even waterproof (even though it's not a waterproof version).

on 11/20/2010 2:19:00 AM

I wanted something that was softer than black mascara and would still make the most of my dark brown eyes. This is lovely. The only thing that I did not care for is that it looks very blue in photographs; even though I purchased the deeper of the two blue mascaras, it does not have as much impact as black mascara. Other than that, great volume and a beautiful alternative to black mascara.

on 6/22/2010 11:44:00 AM

This is my fav HE mascara. Although research shows that some drugstore brands are just as good as HE...I beg to differ especially where colored mascara is concerned.
I wear only blue mascara to make brown eyes pop.The pigment in this mascara is perfect. It also lenghtens....drastic lenghtening.I dont have to wiggle the wand to get extreme lashes and thats a plus.
My issues with YSL mascara is :
The packaging...it is smooth and is hard to grip to open. The tube is uber smooth and its very difficult to open esp after applying moisturizer,sunscreen and primer....I should post a pic so you guys can see the numerous teeth marks on the tube!
Clumping:!! yup it clumps up easily! To do a double coat its best to apply teh second coat B4 the first dries.I also noticed that sometimes it flakes off on my face!!
It tend to dry up a bit quicker than my other mascaras bcus it is somehwat pricey i ensure i get every drop soo...My solution is simple...I put it in a cup of hot water(excercise caution when removing the tube is metal )

on 11/6/2009 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I agree wholeheartedly with the positive reviews on this. This is a beautiful brightening blue color and I like the lengthening properties of this formula. It is very easy to use. I am in love and will buy again when I run out.

on 8/31/2009 2:26:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Well while walking around Sephora I tried this mascara and even on top of my regular black mascara it made my brown eyes pop. I was already on a quest for a blue mascara and this what I was looking for. It's a vibrant blue, doesn't flake, washes off easily, and best of all it gives me incredible volume. If I wear by itself or on top of my regular mascara it's gives me the effect of false eyelashes. Ohh and I wear contacts and it did not irratate my eyes so that's another plus. It cost $28 a tube but considering I spent $40 on five Rimmel mascaras that were all a bunch no good all except one which was Sexy Curves. I rather save my $ and purchase this. I rather have one great mascara than drawer full of unloved/unsued mascaras.

on 10/14/2007 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was looking for a blue mascara but was disappointed greatly by the MAC one. After trying the YSL mascara in black, I really liked it and went back to get the blue one. You can see the blue color on your lashes and it looks really pretty. Some colored mascaras don't seem to work as well as the black ones but this one made my lashes just as long as the black one had. I like to wear this mascara without any eyeshadows on because the blue really shows against my light skin.

on 3/1/2007 12:26:00 AM

This mascara is gorgeous! Its a great alternative to black. Its much softer and not as harsh as black. YSL faux cils mascara in black is currently my HG. I went to Bergdorf Goodman and the ysl sa had these beautiful brown eyes and she was wearing this mascara in blue. I asked her if she thought it would look good on my honey-green eyes and she said that it looks great on any eye color. So I tried it on and loved the look and bought it right away. I've been wearing it everyday so far and have been receiving a lot of compliments! I would also like to try the violet in the future.

on 2/8/2006 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Wore this for two years straight, and I agree with almost everything that the first reviewer said, with the difference that I wore this every day, cos you don't need alot of eye makeup when your lashes are so nicely blue. People were stopping me to ask what was I wearing on my eyes. I love it, and eventhough I'm currently using Dior's Diorshow in Azzure Blue, I might go back to this one. The only drawback is that it's more difficult to take off than Diorshow, but it doesn't dry so quickly as Diorshow.
UPDATE: I have to take one lippie off, since Diorshow works MILES better, and this one can be a pain to take off. Also, I noticed that my eyelashes don't fall out as much with Diorshow as with other mascaras.

Popular Mascaras