November 24, 2014 | 1808 users online

Eye Shadow - Yves Saint Laurent - Ombres Vibration Duo #33 Champagne / Caviar

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2006 3:27:00 AM More reviews by pearlywhite

Being in constant search for a perfect grey clolour which should be neither too light, nor too dark I find this duo close to perfect. The shade of grey is similar to lead pencil, the texture is soft and silky, with some sparkles (which do not show that much though), overall very fine matt grey shade. The second shade is not exactly to my liking - it`s neither matt, nor perly - it`s spakling golden colour, which is extremely discreet on skin. Both shadows blend together easily. The black case is elegant and perfect with too very practical applicators. Won`t but again because when it runs out I don`t think the shade would still be produced -:)
Anf yes, it lasts with no problems the whole day (both grey and golden shades)

About the price - ok, it`s rather expensive (in comparison with mass market), but in comparison with other high end brands the price is affordable and the quality is really supreme.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2006 11:00:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another fab duo from YSL! One side is a shimmery pale ivory gold, the other a charcoal grey/soft black with the perfect amount of shimmer - not metallic or glittery but just enough not to appear muddy. Both are very pigmented and silky, and I love the versatility of both colors. You can apply the grey dry for a subtle daytime look or wet for a nighttime smoky eye, and the pale shade also looks great wet or dry, either as a wash by itself or paired with darker shades. Plus since they're fairly simple shades they'd suit lots of skintones and eye colors. This is a great duo to start with if you're just getting into YSL and a must-have if you like YSL duos.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 2:02:00 AM More reviews by nortybunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear this when I go out in the evening. It's welll pigmented with excellent staying power. Will get other shades for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2005 11:49:00 PM More reviews by d_E_S_S

OHHHHH this compact has the sexiest smokey eye colours ever! Most dark colours make me look like I have a black eye, but the charcoal (called Caviar - but it really isn't as dark as caviar) in this compact complements my eye colour and pale Asian skin tone PERFECTLY - it is dark enough to create a very sexy smokey eye without the obvious "look at my eyeshadow" look. It has VERY subtle shimmer to give some dimension to the eye area. The powder is incredibly finely milled, blends smoothly and silkily and lasts virtually all night even on my very greasy eyelids. The champagne colour is almost undetectable on me, except for the slight shimmer under the light - but the subtleness of the colour complements with the charcoal well. My search for the HG smokey eye colours is finally over!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2004 10:37:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you're looking for a neutral duo in YSL, this is a good product to check out. This duo consists of a shimmery charcoal gray that has some slight blue undertones, and a shimmery neutral off-white champagne color. The off-white is similar to some other shadows I have, such as Armani #9 (I hope it is #9) and Bobbi Brown "Champagne" shimmer wash shadow. This dup gives a very polished, classic look. Careful, though, as the gray goes on with alot of "oomph", so start out with a light hand. I have quite a few YSL shadow duos now, and am satisfied with all of them. These were $36..expensive, but I do like their performance, so I am willing to pay extra.