September 21, 2014 | 2016 users online

Conditioner - Biosilk - Silk Therapy Smoothing Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by ginquet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Left my hair super greasy. It is quite expensive and it has been the only conditioner (and I also used the Biosilk shampoo) in my life to give me this problem. Didn't help my hair untangle at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by AM987654

This caused me to break out in tiny little bumps all over my face. It took a good while to figure out this was the culprit, but for this reason, I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by goldteapot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I only paid 10 bucks for this. It's a pretty big bottle and the ingredients looked good. It is nothing special, drugstore brands have been better than this. From the shower, my hair did not feel conditioned enough, and not silky smooth at all. The shape of the bottle makes it hard to get the product out, even when full. Plus, the type of silicone it has is super binding to the hair, so it builds up and looks dull. I wish I had known that before I purchased.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by acadic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The good part is I got this on sale for $10. The bad part is it's a horrible conditioner! I have medium thick hair, prone to a little frizz, which is why I tried the smoothing. Mistake. The conditioner feels waxy, doesn't detangle, and is neither moisturizing nor smoothing. I tried the Silk Therapy conditioner before and it seemed good, so I might look for that if I can get over my current low opinion of Biosilk. This bottle will likely sit around until I deem it old enough to throw out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Kirstie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Given the bad reviews for this product and the fact that the most recent review is over a year old, I have to wonder if this product has been reformulated. I bought a bottle at CVS without having any idea what I was going to get, and without reading the reviews here first, I just knew I needed to pick up a new bottle of conditioner. That being said, this stuff wasn't half bad. Nothing super special, but it did leave my hair smooth and frizz free, as promised. It has a fairly light texture, and not too much "slip", but it doesn't leave your hair feeling dried out and rough when applying in the shower, as I feared it would after reading the reviews here. I do think it is overpriced for being a fairly generically formulated product, and it's not special enough to repurchase, but it did perform as promised.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by acarthur

I have used this product for a few days now after ordering online from overseas (Biosilk is not available in Australia) as I have heard good things about it for dry, frizz prone hair which I have. I found the shampoo of this to make my hair feel dry in the shower and using this conditioner afterwards didn't seem to help, especially with the tangles I had to comb through. I will try for a few more times, but I don't think I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 12:41:00 AM More reviews by kanganqi

it is definitely the best conditioner for me. I also saw the reviews made by others saying how horrible it is, but i decided to give it a shot and i never regret. it makes my hair look like silk and so soft and shine. excellent, will but it again

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2006 5:32:00 PM More reviews by cnorth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This conditioner is crap in my opinion. It did not work at all. it did not even feel like I used conditioner on my hair. what a waste !!! not worth the money at all. i would not buy again and am opt to not try any of the other products from this brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2005 9:59:00 AM More reviews by diasphora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This actually worked beautifully for me, although it's probably because of the silicones in it.

When I used the smoothing conditioner+shampoo, my hair was as soft as my hair can ever be: Silky, soft, and it actually had a sheen to it!

I don't recommend this for constant use, though, but I plan to keep a few bottles of it around for days when I want Pantene-Commerical hair. However, I'll also keep a bottle of Neutrogena's Anti-Residue Shampoo for afterwards.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2004 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Turned my hair into hay... hated it.